“Nothing opulent, but very nice and a great value.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Barrington, Illinois
“Nothing opulent, but very nice and a great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cheerful, friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms with small kitchens welcomed us. Stopped with our friends for a one night stay, but apparently their usual guests are those on an extended visit. Very good value.

• Stayed January 2013

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oviedo, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel was a little more than I wanted to pay but after reading all the reviews I decided to give it a shot. And I am glad I did. I arrived an hour early. The front dest clerk was warm and welcoming. My room was all ready. About an hour after checkin I received a call from the front desk wanting to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. Awesome service!

I rented a two bedroom suite. The room was clean and spacious. The beds are very comfortable. Free continental breakfast is provided. I've had better breakfast offerings at other hotels but since I'm not a big breakfast eater this was fine for me.

This hotel is conveniently located off I-10. There are plenty of restaurants and a mall close by. Gas stations were a little harder to find. I had to drive around a little to find one.

All in all I'd say that this is a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near an exit. Lots of noise at night when it's time for bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My daughter does NOT travel without her Pomeranian. He even goes to work with her! So we had to find a dog friendly hotel for our Thanksgiving trip to the beach! We also wanted a kitchenette because three kids in our family cannot eat gluten and its nice to have gluten-free foods for breakfast and snacks.

We chose this hotel based solely on the fact that my granddog was welcomed for a small fee! We rented two two-bedroom suites with kitchenettes. Because we have a person in our family with cat dander allergies, I was concerned about the cleanliness of a pet friendly extended stay hotel. We were pleasantly surprised! They obviously clean the rooms very well between guests! There were no carpet stains or pet hair in either room. The rooms were immaculate except for dust on the top of the fridge and the kitchen blinds! So they obviously put the $100 "pet cleaning fee" to good use!

With or without a dog in the group, we would stay here again. The rooms were large and comfortable. This hotel met all of our needs and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed November 2012
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for staying with us on your Thanksgiving trip!

I appreciate all the compliments from having a full kitchen to meet your gluten free diet, clean, spacious and comfortable rooms that the whole family can enjoy including your fury family members!

I will let housekeeping know we need to be sure to dust in all places for next time as I am sure we will see you and the family again! Thanks again for staying with us!

Happy Holidays!
Becky DeCesare
APOPKA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The town suite place by Marriott was not what I expected it to be it is a very different kind of place than the residence inn that is also a Marriott hotel the town suites rooms are much smaller and not as nice they are ok if you are just staying for one night but if you are staying for a few days you might want to consider staying at the residence inn you will have more accommodations at the residence inn than at town suites but all in all this place is ok

• Stayed October 2012
Hello!

I want to personally thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to Pensacola! I am so happy to hear the location was good and overall our place was okay.
I do understand you felt the residence inn had more room and they are a sister property that do have more options than us.
Next time you are in the area, please stop by as I would like to show you some of the other room options we offer as all of our rooms come in different sizes, and I am sure they will be a better size to fit your needs!
Thanks again for staying with us and I do hope you try us again in the future!

Happy Holidays
Becky DeCesare
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I just came back from vacation in Pensacola and we stayed at this hotel. This was the ideal setup for a mother of three traveling with a husband, three kids and a sister. The staff was OUTSTANDING and there was nothing that we needed that they didn't quickly respond to. The rooms are quaint and clean and there is complimentary coffee in the lobby 24-hrs a day. I don't have any complaints and look forward to staying here again. In fact, when I travel to other cities, I will check to see if they have TownePlace Suites (we don't have one in Nashville).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hello and thank you so much for staying with us and filling out this wonderful review for us! We do hope we get to see you again in the future! Oh and I told the brand to hurry and put one of us in Nashville!

Becky
Winder, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The staff was great. They were so friendly and accommodating. The "in-a-pinch" market was nice to have but the breakfast was seriously lacking. Bananas and tiny boxes of cereal.... not that great. The rooms were so dirty I couldn't believe it. We switched rooms a couple times and each room was filthy. The first room had garbage left in the trash can and when I pulled the coffee cups out in the morning, there was dried leftover coffee in the bottoms of the cups and the bowls were dirty. The room we stayed in the longest had rotten avocados left in the fridge that made the whole room stink, the couch and chairs were ripped and stained. When I pulled out the sofa bed the mattress looked like a hobo had donated it and the sheets that were in the closet to put on the pull-out bed had a bunch of little hairs all over it, like a dog had been sleeping on them. They obviously hadn't been washed. We also found a dirty t-shirt, a baby's pacifier and a cheese wrapper stuck between the night stand and the bed. The pool was really gross - lots of dead bugs and leaves floating in it and when i stuck my hand in and pulled it out my hand was covered in lots of long hair that wasn't mine... barf. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello!

Just want to say thank you for filling this out! I am so glad to hear we treated you right, but sad to hear we dropped the ball on the room cleanliness. I have shared this with the staff as we are always finding ways to improve ourselves!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Becky Camarillo
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

nothing fancy but superb staff and great value...simple nice room, plenty of parking

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Steve, thank you for your generous words of compliments, we look forward to having you again soon!

Becky Camarillo

Been to TownePlace Suites Pensacola? Share your experiences!