Standing in the Florida Visitor Parking lot after hours, I was hoping to have them help me with a hotel. Alas, after 5pm: no luck. I grabbed the nearest hotel guide book from a stand and called the closest hotel to where I was.
Things I have learned:
- Exit 10A on I-10 is a scary, scary place. Next time I will drive further even though I was exhausted from sitting in traffic in all those accidents in Alabama (Dear Alabamians: two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Quit hitting each other and quit trying to hit me. Kthxbi)
- If the front desk lady starts to make excuses for the condition of the room before you get in: that is a bad sign. When SHE refers to it as a "Roach Motel" run.
- Pack a lighter. I had incense but no lighter, so I had to jack the A/C up to try to dehumidify the room.
- Showers are good and bad: the good news is the water gets hot enough you can disinfect whatever it is you may possibly catch.
- There is a really nice skinny pale girl who smokes cigarettes on the walkway with her door open. I only assume she is really nice b/c around 8pm about 20 guys showed up and they are having a get together on the walkway and in the parking lot.
Sadly, I doubt this review will help anyone very much since they'll probably fall into it the same way I did: impromptu on the road. Dear God, please don't let this be the hotel California. If you don't hear from me, please send help. :(
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Executive Inn Pensacola is a newly remodeled outdoor corridor hotel that offers economy accommodations. Located approximately six miles from Pensacola Regional Airport and 12 miles from Pensacola Beach.Guest receive a complimentary Continental breakfast with their room rate.Hotel amenities include an outdoor pool, BBQ grill with gazebo, microwave, refrigerator, free wireless high speed Internet access, television with free HBO, guest laundry, free local calls, and free parking.The hotel is pet friendly with restrictions and fees. If you plan to bring your pet, please contact the hotel before your arrival to confirm the current pet policy ... more less