“Yowza!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Houston
“Yowza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been slowly working my way through every restaurant in Pensacola since my husband has been working here for the past 6 months. I wish I had found this one sooner! I was looking forward to some good pasta, but decided to go with the pizza when I saw it coming out of the oven as they baked it. While we waited for the pizza we had the antipasto platter with pieces of baked pizza dough. Salami, prosciutto, artichoke hearts, tomato, fresh soft mozzarella, olives, etc. When the pizza came it had crunchy toasty crust and soooo much delicious cheese. But the dessert was what I was looking forward to: deep fried dough bites coated in powdered sugar and then drizzled with caramel sauce. When they came out I was surprised to discover they were beignets! They were gone before I realized it, but there must have been 6 or 8 of them - plenty to share. And the cherry on the whipped cream was they had my favorite chianti. We got there early-ish, about 5 pm and it was already full. By 6:30 or so when we left, people were taking seats on the patio even though it was only 40 degrees. It's a small house so be prepared for a slight wait if you come at dinner time. The locals love it - I saw the owner greet many of the patrons by name. If I lived here, I would be here regularly!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Pensacola Beach, Florida, USA
“The Place Locals Go for Quality Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our favorite place for pizza in town. Fun to sit at the counter and watch them prepare the pizza and then bake it in a wood fired oven. Close to airport, Sacred Heart Hospital and Cordova mall. It's small - seats about 100 - so be prepared for a wait at meal times or order take-out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Pizza In Gulf Coast Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Simply the best pizza around. Love the food and the Atmosphere. Dina and Ted are great people and the staff is well trained and friendly. The only thing that could make this place better would be if they were open on Mondays!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pensacola, Florida
“Just like Pizza in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love this place greatest pizza .Serving staff is wonderful and if you catch it on the right day you can sit at the bar and talk to the owner while he fixes your pizza and puts it in the wood fired oven.
Fun and tasty

Visited December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“True Italian Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Usually very reliable service and good food. Pizza cooked in real wood oven. Menu has a large variety of item so you'll normally find something for every palate. Lunch is usually very busy so might be a slight wait but as all the food is fresh it worth the wait.

• Visited September 2012