“Dissapointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Orlando, Florida
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The name of this place is more than deceiving... Like someone else said... It's a motel by the golf course... Super outdated, no fridge in room, tv is old, no central a/c or heater... Needs a revamp ASAP... Oh! And breakfast sucks... Don't expect too much from this place... Thank God we only stayed one night... Definitely will NOT come bacK!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very disappointed in the rooms. It felt like a "Howard Johnson" on a golf course and certainly not a resort. The shower curtain was deplorable and had mildew on the inside.
Very unwavering and really needs a total overhaul including replacement of roof tiles.

I had friends visiting from out of state and they said they had to change rooms three times in a two day stay. I thought they were being a bit eccentric but having now stayed there I'm I full agreement.

The word RESORT is miss used and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that opinion. On the other hand I was very satisfied with the wifi service. I have stayed I many other hotels and this is by far the best I have experienced in a long while.

Hope this helps and the next time I'm in Pembroke Pines and need a place to stay I will hear better things about your RESORT.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Don't be cheap, make the rooms nice. needs renovation and maintenance. The staff was nice. Great place withwith a great location. Has so much potential. Half my outlets didn't work. The rooms are way out dated. The tv's are terrible. The bathrooms need to be maintained better. Water damage and Rot.

• Stayed December 2014
San Fernando, Trinidad And Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was concerned about some of the reviews but stayed here because of location.
Calling in advance cleared some concerns (thanks Esther) and felt extremely comfortable at reception on checking in (thank you Melissa).
There was a small issue with the room in that one of the closet doors was off the track. Melissa took care of that immediately.
The room was clearly refurbished and was large with two double beds of very good quality as were the pillows and bedding.
The bathroom was a little tight but was clean.
The restaurant area has a lovely setting with a view of the golf course.
Breakfast was standard continental with actual plates/ coffee cups/ saucers and cutlery unlike the upscale chain close by where I stayed one week before and where everything was disposable.
The service in the Restaurant was very good , friendly and hospitable.
The hotel design is of Spanish styling with colours to match.
The golf course seemed well taken care of and while I did not use the pool, it was clean but very large.
Lots of parking available and literally on Pines Blvd.with everything available in very short distance.
Would gladly stay here again if only for the service

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I had a last minute trip to Miami this week and could not find a hotel due to everyone being sold out or too extremely expensive. I usually frequent at bigger chain hotels and did not know what to expect of a place I had never heard of. But thanks to all hotels being booked, I was able to book one night at this property and was able to extend my stay. The place has a nice charm to it, you can tell it is an older property but well maintained. The front desk staff especially Sunni were very helpful and accommodating. The female head housekeeper was amazing! The property owners nephew which is charge of maintenance is on property at all times and very pleasant. The valet guys were very nice. Breakfast staff very pleasant. Pizza at the little sports bar is amazing! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a reasonable priced, nice place to stay with a very helpful and pleasant staff. The only thing I saw that needs improvement is the breakfast is a little skimpy and needs more choices. But other than that it is a great place to stay and I look forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: The property has a beautiful view no matter where you are.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Rooms are very basic but clean. Ideal location for hospitals, shopping and touring the area.
Staff are great, had to call the front desk and a maintenance man was there in minutes, very impressed! We did see a squirrel but no raccoons! Have stayed at this hotel before and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Sanford, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Depending on where you stay in the hotel it can be a Hit or Miss situation. We booked 2 rooms and when we first checked in, the nice front desk agent Esther was nice enough to give us the keys so we could check out the rooms. The initial unrenovated rooms felt like I stepped back into the 1980's. Everything looked outdated and original from the 1980's era. I asked her if there were any renovated rooms and she was nice enough to switch us to 2 renovated rooms facing the golf course. What a huge difference as I felt we were now at least in the year 2014. The beds were super comfortable with newer bedding and pillows,a new a/c unit,a new flat screen t/v and free WIFI. Eventhough we had a direct golf course view room we didn't encounter any racoons like the other review. I really wouldn't complain if I saw wildlife anyways because if you live in Florida and are around green space areas such as a lake,golf course or forest you are bound to see critters or wildlife as it's their habitat. If you do stay here make sure you get a renovated room or you will be disappointed/complain and you will have a one star stay instead of a three star average stay like we did. We didn't pay that much for our stay compared to other hotels in the area so for the price we paid we can't really complain.

P.S. The hotel is really a 2 story motel as all the entrances are from the outside with no inside corridors.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing the golf course
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!