“Horrible - DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Grand Palms Drive, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Miami, Florida
“Horrible - DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is a duump. It was probably in the 70s and has had ZERO maintenance or upgrades since then. I felt like I was staying at my great grandmas house. Old flower pattern carpet, stinkey rooms, the "free" breakfast sucked. My waitress was a 1,000 years old she couldn't hear although she was nice. I'm sure you get a better breakfast in prison. I don't know who these low life's giving this place good reviews, but this place sucks, do not stay here. April 2014.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We could not have been more disappointed in this property. No spoons available in the restaurant for breakfast, no cream for the coffee, the food was awful, the toilet in the room made a high-pitched squealing noise whenever it was flushed, no elevator . . . a tired hotel with no regard for service. The waitress advised that she couldn't find a spoon for our cereal at breakfast, and when we asked for cream for the coffee, we were told she'd find some. By the time she did, the coffee was cold. The toilet made a high-pitched squealing noise when it was flushed, and when we called the front desk to complain, they told us we were likely hearing the alarm clock in the next room. How thin are the walls? And no elevator means dragging your luggage up the stairs to the second floor. The grounds are beautiful, but I wish we'd stayed at the brand new Holiday Inn Express just one exit north on the highway. The rate was about the same and the service has to be better there. We will not be returning to this property and recommend that potential guests look elsewhere. In addition to the Holiday Inn Express, there's a Hampton Inn just one quick exit north on the highway, and if you go 2 - 3 exits north (about 5 - 7 minutes), you'll find a Marriott.

We chose the location on the recommendation of a friend, as it provided good access to the beaches (30 minutes), the Everglades (15 minutes), and the entrance to the Keys (about an hour). The location was the only plus.

Room Tip: The best tip I can provide for choosing a good room is to go elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pembroke Pines hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for a youth baseball tournament. Rooms smell terribly of floral deodorizer to try and cover a musty smell. Beds are small and everything is old and in various states of disrepair.

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

There is wireless internet. You get a breakfast ticket when you check in. Bathroom is good. Shower is good. Bed was good. AC was little noisy but not bad. Carpet was clean. TV was old style, but it was working. I liked it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My counsins arrived from Venezuela yesterday to this hotel which I had based on the hotel rating and pictures. However, what a disappointment! It was nothing like the pictures: everything was old and worn out (my cousin added the mattress was uncomfortable as well), and it looked more like a motel than a hotel and spa. Breakfast was also not what they expected, offering some toast and jam and nothing warm. Overall, I guess it is a no frills hotel but at almost $200 a night for the area, they expected a bit more. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially not with a family with older people and children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CASSELBERRY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband had been working in the area for several months- for several reasons (health included) it was decided that I should not stay by myself- so I made the trip to Pembroke Pines. I was very pleased as we pulled into the parking area, there is a beautiful fountain - valet service is offered to hotel guests as well. The hotel itself is an older property, but the room was pristine- as it was the entire duration of our stay- (other then the messes 2 adults can make of a hotel room!) I actually scaled back the service trips that housekeeping made... they were always pleasant and professional- I just felt like for us- a quick change of towels and trash removal were more then sufficient. The housekeeping service was some of the best - and both my husband and I have traveled for work for many years and stayed in many different hotels/resorts.

Our room faces the course and the views are fantastic, morning fog, ducks and geese wander the property- there are 3 courses on property, all in great shape, golfers move along at a consistent pace- top notch facilities! Lastly, I would like to be sure and comment on L'Fontana- the restaurant/bar that is in between the hotel and the pro-shop. Upon check in you're given a coupon for continental breakfast served daily (weekends included) The bar area serves lunch all day with excellent service- Happy hour is M-F with drink specials- again all with exceptional service!

In closing I would like to say the staff from check in are friendly, attentive and I don't refer to this as my hotel but I call it home- This will be my only destination for a further South Florida stays.

Room Tip: My preference was a golf course view, but it was just me and my husband and we enjoyed watching the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Casselberry Family,

Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay completely. Your review was very accurate on how guests stay here. I am glad that you were able to see our beautiful landscapes. Also witnessing our ducks & geese on the golf greens :)

We are striving to provide every guest with the experienced you had during your stay.

Thank you for your honest review and we welcome you back in the near future!
Daytona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

First of all I was working in the area and had extended stay, (3 months), overall everything was
great. Would like to see a little larger refrigerator. All the staff from the front desk to the grounds keepers were great. Rooms were clean. Landscape was nice. Did enjoy breakfast on ocassion and was a real bargin. Again, as I said had a very enjoyable experience. Cannot comment on the
golf, as I do not golf, but did do some fishing in the water traps after dark. (shhhh)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!