“Hated it” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Grand Palms Drive, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
“Hated it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The price was high from the get go but my wife and I decided to stay anyways. Up on entering the room we could smell a musky smell and the beds in the room are old spring beds. In the morning I took up a cup to drink water out of to feel something crawling on my hands just to notice it was a huge cockroach which the manager of the building claim it was a palmetto bug. I will never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
After reviewing your review we took immediate action. We inform our pest control company of the situation and they are on top of it. Our hotel is going through a face-lift makeover and we are constantly improving the resorts conditions. Our beds are one of the best hospitality beds available that come in soft or hard. If you reported that you were unhappy with that which we provided, with a simple phone call. We would have had us immediately change your mattress to one that you would have preferred. Please note at the time you made this complaint to us. We did offer you an incentive to come back and stay with us We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The location was awesome and I really enjoyed the stay. The one complaint I would like to share was the housekeeping staff. One of the housekeepers (female) and one male entered into my room while I was taking a shower. Here reasoning was to collect dirty towels because the resort was short on towels. I had a female guest in my room and she was in total shock and disbelief to know that someone from housekeeping could just enter into the room and not knock at the door prior to doing so. I am very uncomfortable with this situation and did report the incident to front lobby hotel staff. I am not sure if the incident was reported so I have decided to post it here. The housekeeping staff (female) was extremely rude when I approached her about coming into my room unannounced. The need to gather towels because there is a shortage in the resort is no logical to invade my room. I was staying in a suite so they should have stopped in the living area and not enter my private room. This was extremely disrespectful to me and my guest and also a tramatic experience and I hope that this type of incident does not happen to anyone else. If I had another hotel available, I would have checked out the same day. I prefer to have a refund of my money or a complimentary stay to account for the problem I experienced. I am open to management calling me. My Room #312 during the stay was on July 6th to contact me. You have my information on file and I look forward to hearing from management soon.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Grand Palms Resort. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We will be following up with you to address your issues further. In the meantime I would like to offer you either a free nights stay with us next time you are here or a free round of golf. I am very confident your experience will be better next time around.
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea how this establishment calls themselves a resort. Our room was disgusting! After spending an hour in the room I noticed my 2 year old daughters feet were filthy. I immediately looked online for another hotel but unfortunately everything was booked. We wore flip flops just to get from the bed to the bathroom. I also had to stop my shower midway in order to let the tub drain. I will NEVER stay at this "resort" again!

• Stayed March 2013
We certainly apologize but also respectfully disagree. Our hotel room carpets are vacuum daily and all of the cleaning work is done using advanced carpet cleaning machinery. In regards to your bath tub. I do wish you notified us and we would of gladly upgraded you to a new room. Even the finest hotels have mechanical issues at times and we do whatever it takes to make our customers happy. I do hope you could give us another chance in the future and we will reserve a special offer for you!
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Over rated and over priced. My wife and I stayed there before our cruise and had reservations to stay after the cruise. We canceled our reservation for the second stay before we left on our cruise. The room was very out dated and run down. Lots of peeling paint and stains in the bathroom. My wife found pubic hair on the toilet and the white floor mat towell had yellow stains on it. I'm sure back in the day it was a real classy place but today in my opinion its just another poorly maintained orver priced place that should be avoided.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly apologize but also respectfully disagree. Our housekeeping manager inspected the room and did not find any issues in this room before you check-in. We also will not keep a room in service if the walls have peeling paint or stains. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product. I just wish that you would of told us that you were not satisfied with your room during your stay. We want to make every guest here feel satisfied. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day. Again, we appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Pembroke Pines hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Bad place to stay! Noisy, bad breakfast! Will never stay here again! Everything is original from when it was built! Beds are lumpy. Suppose to have a frig. @ microwave. We asked they said for $20 more .a real rip off!

• Stayed February 2013
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Saw your review of Feb 23, 2013 and I believe you're being unfair. It sounds like you were in our regular room in liew of a suite. Only the suites have microwave & refridgerator and yes we do charged $10 for a microwave & refridgerator and that is because our rates are low. Our continental breakfast includes hot waffles, cereals, juices, various breads, and choice of danish. However you could have ordered eggs, bacon or sausage with potatoes for just $3 more.

Our beds are one of the best hospitality beds available that come in soft or hard. If you reported that you were unhappy with that which we provided, with a simple phone call. We would have had us immediately change your mattress to one that you would have preferred. As far as noice being loud. Our rooms are divided by solid concrete walls that avoids sound penetration. If the noice you are referring to was from the outside, again, a phone call to the front desk would have corrected that situation. We have no excuses but to report the truth.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was staying in Pembroke Pines out by I-75 and this was by far the best location I could find relative to my business appointments. It, from the outside is a beautiful property, but the inside the room are a bit worn and dated. Still, the service was excellent, location was great and I would come again to this location for business. It however is primarily a Golf Resort Hotel. Judging from the golfers in the clubhouse for breakfast (free to guests) I would say it is not being kept up as well as they would like it to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend get away with the wife to see a Dolphins game. The resort was good, not outstanding. Would recommend however. Overall the facilities look very nice- water fountains, plenty of palm trees, a large outdoor pool etc, rooms were ok though. A bit dated but were clean and functioned well enough. Location is close enough to Miami and Ft Lauderdale as well as tons of shopping nearby. There are also 27 holes onsite that were very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!