“Filthy!!! Needed to wear shoes in the room.” 3 of 5 stars

Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Grand Palms Drive, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Pembroke Pines
Manassas, Virginia
“Filthy!!! Needed to wear shoes in the room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I have no idea how this establishment calls themselves a resort. Our room was disgusting! After spending an hour in the room I noticed my 2 year old daughters feet were filthy. I immediately looked online for another hotel but unfortunately everything was booked. We wore flip flops just to get from the bed to the bathroom. I also had to stop my shower midway in order to let the tub drain. I will NEVER stay at this "resort" again!

• Stayed March 2013
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We certainly apologize but also respectfully disagree. Our hotel room carpets are vacuum daily and all of the cleaning work is done using advanced carpet cleaning machinery. In regards to your bath tub. I do wish you notified us and we would of gladly upgraded you to a new room. Even the finest hotels have mechanical issues at times and we do whatever it takes to make our customers happy. I do hope you could give us another chance in the future and we will reserve a special offer for you!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Over rated and over priced. My wife and I stayed there before our cruise and had reservations to stay after the cruise. We canceled our reservation for the second stay before we left on our cruise. The room was very out dated and run down. Lots of peeling paint and stains in the bathroom. My wife found pubic hair on the toilet and the white floor mat towell had yellow stains on it. I'm sure back in the day it was a real classy place but today in my opinion its just another poorly maintained orver priced place that should be avoided.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly apologize but also respectfully disagree. Our housekeeping manager inspected the room and did not find any issues in this room before you check-in. We also will not keep a room in service if the walls have peeling paint or stains. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product. I just wish that you would of told us that you were not satisfied with your room during your stay. We want to make every guest here feel satisfied. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day. Again, we appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Bad place to stay! Noisy, bad breakfast! Will never stay here again! Everything is original from when it was built! Beds are lumpy. Suppose to have a frig. @ microwave. We asked they said for $20 more .a real rip off!

• Stayed February 2013
Matt W, Marketing Director at Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Saw your review of Feb 23, 2013 and I believe you're being unfair. It sounds like you were in our regular room in liew of a suite. Only the suites have microwave & refridgerator and yes we do charged $10 for a microwave & refridgerator and that is because our rates are low. Our continental breakfast includes hot waffles, cereals, juices, various breads, and choice of danish. However you could have ordered eggs, bacon or sausage with potatoes for just $3 more.

Our beds are one of the best hospitality beds available that come in soft or hard. If you reported that you were unhappy with that which we provided, with a simple phone call. We would have had us immediately change your mattress to one that you would have preferred. As far as noice being loud. Our rooms are divided by solid concrete walls that avoids sound penetration. If the noice you are referring to was from the outside, again, a phone call to the front desk would have corrected that situation. We have no excuses but to report the truth.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was staying in Pembroke Pines out by I-75 and this was by far the best location I could find relative to my business appointments. It, from the outside is a beautiful property, but the inside the room are a bit worn and dated. Still, the service was excellent, location was great and I would come again to this location for business. It however is primarily a Golf Resort Hotel. Judging from the golfers in the clubhouse for breakfast (free to guests) I would say it is not being kept up as well as they would like it to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend get away with the wife to see a Dolphins game. The resort was good, not outstanding. Would recommend however. Overall the facilities look very nice- water fountains, plenty of palm trees, a large outdoor pool etc, rooms were ok though. A bit dated but were clean and functioned well enough. Location is close enough to Miami and Ft Lauderdale as well as tons of shopping nearby. There are also 27 holes onsite that were very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The room was so dirty that I had to check my family out. The rug had a film on it and looked like it had not been cleaned for years.

The bathroom had a hole in the wall and the tub was old and stained.

I have stay at the hotel several times over the years because it is convenient to my sister. Never again.

Room Tip: Just avoid unless you need a cheep place to play golf and don't care about staying in a dity roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went for 4 days in January and loved every minute. We had a clean room, comfortable bed and flat screen TV. Beautiful pool area, my husband and son enjoyed the golf. We used the spa and exercise facility and the tennis courts. We found the restaurant food to be excellent, too. The front desk staff of Sunny and Esther could not have been any nicer. We did not have a fridge in our room, but when we asked, they brought one to us within 10 minutes! My husband had stayed here often in the past for golf trips and he said it is always this great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for visiting Grand Palms and thank you for your favorable comments on TripAdvisor. We have and will continue to offer the very best what really matters to our guests.

We are planning ameliorations to Grand Palms this Spring that will enhance your stay even more on your next visit with us.

Been to Grand Palms Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!