“Great stay, slow internet.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Pembroke Pines
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great stay, slow internet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel 5 stars is the painfully slow internet service. Everything else was fantastic - clean, friendly, nice new rooms, good food. But the internet service is as slow as the old dial-up days, sometimes taking a minute or longer for one page to load. I rely on fast internet service for my business, and the hotel website description claimed "High-speed Internet Access". Not! "There's a lot of people online right now" is not an excuse...time for this otherwise GREAT hotel to step up their game, move into the 21st century, and stop being cheap with internet service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Clean, good choice when staying in the area. Price was great, and room was very spacious (with a loveseat and small kitchenette -very useful). Only problem was housekeeping - first day, they almost forgot to do our room (had to remind them); second day, they did forget although I went to front desk earlier and asked when they were doing our room (I was told that housekeeping was "on the floor." When I went again several hours later (it still wasn't done), another person at the front desk apologized and said it should have been done already. She immediately corrected the situation. That being said, our stay was fine otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great, would highly recommend. Good location, good price. Stayed on brief trip to a local hospital. Was not on my GPS but after a horrible trip, I was just looking for a place to lay my head...pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nov 06/07, 2012; It was an easy check-in with smiling faces. The room was spacious and clean. The shower was welcomed along with upscale toiletry items. The surrounding area allowed for a stroll and the convenience store at the corner was handy. The location made it easy getting in and out and onto I-75. The breakfast area had the usual foods but it was well maintained and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a decent hotel to stay when you plan to shop at Sawgrass Mills; as it is just a 10 minute commute up I-75 to Sawgrass Expressway andd onto Sunrise Blvd. 0 usually against the heavy traffic. Normally I would give this an "average" note, but the location raises it to "good".
The hotel is also situated close (5-10 minutes) to the restaurants on Pines Blvd., which is a plus. The breakfast is included, typical Holiday Inn Express fare - nothing great. There is wireless, sufficient parking, friendly staff and comfortable suites; which makes the stay comfortable.
We did not use the pool, but it looked clean.
A thumbs-up for those shopping at Sawgrass, and a quick 25 minute drive to MIA.

Room Tip: We were on the first foor close to the restaurant, and we had absolutely no problems with noise; so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I rented a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke Pines Sheridan Street
Florida. The hotel and cleaning and food staff were very nice.
Upon checking in, even before my method of payment transpired, we were WARNED about the penaltiies of any damage or stolen merchandise to the room.
I felt as if I and my husband were criminals and was extremely insulted. I have NEVER been
treated this way, and am putting this out there for future patrons.
In other words please reconsider your stay at this hotel, there is a lot of room for improvement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Umiami1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased you were delighted with our staff. I I'm sorry you feel that way regarding the information on our incidental charges. It is not our intent to inconvenience our guest with our policies or information needed. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nahariya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff was nice and helpful, great breakfast, clean room and hotel facilities, quiet (which is important when you are on a vacation or even travel on business). Stayed there for 3 nights and then extended to 6.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St? Share your experiences!