“Great location for Sawgrass Mills” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Great location for Sawgrass Mills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a decent hotel to stay when you plan to shop at Sawgrass Mills; as it is just a 10 minute commute up I-75 to Sawgrass Expressway andd onto Sunrise Blvd. 0 usually against the heavy traffic. Normally I would give this an "average" note, but the location raises it to "good".
The hotel is also situated close (5-10 minutes) to the restaurants on Pines Blvd., which is a plus. The breakfast is included, typical Holiday Inn Express fare - nothing great. There is wireless, sufficient parking, friendly staff and comfortable suites; which makes the stay comfortable.
We did not use the pool, but it looked clean.
A thumbs-up for those shopping at Sawgrass, and a quick 25 minute drive to MIA.

Room Tip: We were on the first foor close to the restaurant, and we had absolutely no problems with noise; so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I rented a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke Pines Sheridan Street
Florida. The hotel and cleaning and food staff were very nice.
Upon checking in, even before my method of payment transpired, we were WARNED about the penaltiies of any damage or stolen merchandise to the room.
I felt as if I and my husband were criminals and was extremely insulted. I have NEVER been
treated this way, and am putting this out there for future patrons.
In other words please reconsider your stay at this hotel, there is a lot of room for improvement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Umiami1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased you were delighted with our staff. I I'm sorry you feel that way regarding the information on our incidental charges. It is not our intent to inconvenience our guest with our policies or information needed. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nahariya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff was nice and helpful, great breakfast, clean room and hotel facilities, quiet (which is important when you are on a vacation or even travel on business). Stayed there for 3 nights and then extended to 6.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Staff are very kind and courteous, always smiling and willing to help with every need. I consider this hotel my home away from home. I am greeted by my name with a smile every time I walk through the doors. Very clean establishment. I highly recommend it !!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, the pool was great! The front desk staff was not very friendly nor very helpful, but maybe they were having off days when we visited. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pembroke Pines area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is the usual business hotel location next to the highway but it served very for my family when we need to visit some family. The pool was clean and we had it all to ourselves. Breakfast was limited but we all found something we liked. They kept is very clean which is always a big plus. The pancake printer was fun and not to be missed.

Room Tip: we were on second, easy access to stairs and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

As a family we have stayed at this hotel multiple times and until this particular stay had been treated well. We stayed 2 nights over the Christmas holiday for a soccer tournament. Originally the reservation was made for 3 nights but when schedules came out I, along with 12 or so other families, altered my reservation for 2 nights. During my stay I made a point of asking the supervisor to double check my reservation, making sure there would be no billing issues, as a few other parents had heard they might try billing for 3 nights. After the stay I was billed for 3 nights on my credit card, at which time I called the hotel 10+ times(with no return calls beign made by the staff) to rectify the situation. Management was not willing to credit my account thus I had to fight the charge. Such treathment is extremely unfortunate but does reveal a lot about management and how much they care about repeat business.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear macca28,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, FL. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Bon V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St? Share your experiences!