“nice atmosphere, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 300 restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Japanese
florida
“nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

I like the atmosphere at Nami. You have a choice of sitting at the bar, regular tables, japanese style tables (don't know the proper name for these, but they're they kind that are low to the ground) or the the teppan tables, where chef puts on a show while he cooks your food.
The sushi side Is nice enough to go when on a date. The teppan side is good if you're going with a a big group. The bar is good if you're by yourself.
I live in the area so I frequent this restaurant quite a bit. I've had most every type of sushi they offer and and have never been disappointed. I guess my favorite is the mango tango. My husband usually has the teriyaki and has never had any complaints. My mom and made a custom order on the teriyaki and they got it right.
Their desserts are good also. The only thing that I've ever been disappointed by was their tempura cheesecake. I've had better.
Tip: If you have more than four in your party, make reservations. weekend nights are usually busy. The least busy time I've been there is Sunday lunchtime.

76% Recommend