“"pretty good place for an outing with friends or family"” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 305 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened within the past 30 days. We've eaten there seveal times.
Fort Lauderdale
“"pretty good place for an outing with friends or family"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse is the classic beer and pizza joint hidden in a casual dining restaurant chain. All in all, it is a pretty good place for an outing with friends or family.

On tap, they have a selection of handcrafted micro brews. I am not the beer lover, so I passed, but my boyfriend tried their Tatonka Stout. It wasn't bad but ti didn't really stand out either. He wasn't impressed but it could have just been a matter of preference.

If you only came here for a few drinks with friends and aren't looking to eat a big meal, BJ's has a bunch of snacks and small bites! We decided to try the Thai Style Chicken Wontons. The were right out of the fryer and steaming hot. They were very light and crispy. The filling was well seasoned and delicioso! I loved it.

They are basically known for their deep dish pizzas so if its your first time here, I recommend you try one. We had the Spicy Meatball which consisted of housemade meatballs, spicy tomato sauce, Italian sausage, jalapenos, Parmesan cheese and red onions. It was scrumptious! Fresh, cheesy, crunchy crust and yummy! The only thing is I wouldn't label it a deep dish but rather a pan pizza.

Even if you don't drink beer or for some odd reason don't enjoy pizza, you might want to still consider BJ's for their famous Pizookie. Imagine this, a freshly baked, hot out of the oven, rich and delicious cookie topped with two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and served in its own deep dish. Mmmm!!! I had to go with the Chocolate Chunk for the melty chocolate goodness, but they have other options and a trio sampler if you can't decide.

It seems that they pride themselves on providing a quality experience. Our waiter was really nice and funny. He cracked a few jokes with us and made us laugh. However, although the entertainment factor was high, in actual performance he lacked. There were a few times we were left waiting and we had to ask for water refills. It go to a point where we had to ask another waiter. So, I see where they are going with the experience they seek to provide, but it needs improvement.

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience and recommend you come. However, the restaurant does get packed at times and they don't take reservations, so I suggest that you call ahead for the wait time and put your name on the waiting list if necessary.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Hmmm Beer ... And Avocado Spring Rolls?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I am always seeking new places with great beer sections while also having good food. This place has it both. I was happy with the house brewed beer but even happier with thier selection of craft beer. My wife was pleasenly surprised with the food! AVOCADO Spring Rolls we're incredible. The flat bread was devoured. All 6 of us were happy with our choices. The place is modern without feeling cold and off putting. The crowd was great which match the atmosphere. Kids were there as well with thier beer swigging parents but the bar area is separated enough that the little monsters won't snatch your beer.

Miami, Florida, United States
“This place is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all, for those of us who work late, and I mean late, this place is open until ? 2am or something like that. The atmosphere is nice. The music is okay. We usually sit at the bar since we can seat right away and the service is almost always wonderful. The servers that I've been lucky enough to have are educated, being educated, experienced, food knowlegable - all positive and really nice as they put up with us! Now, the food. Everything (except the steak) has been fabulous. If you go after 10pm in the bar you get apps for 1/2 price and the apps are like a meal! The pizza is good, the salads fantastic, and the Pizooki - well, what can I say - if you are not dieting then have one - what a treat!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Great food, reasonably prices, great service but VERY SLOW!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a great restaurant. They have a great selection of beer to choose from with plenty of variety, not to metion the food is pretty good. Unfortunately the service is extremely slow at the Pembroke Pines location. I have visted at least 3 times and each time I experienced the same painfully slow service. It appears that servers may be assigned too many tables. Although the food was great, you could tell that it had been waiting for a while Interestingly, I have also visited the restaurant chain in other states and the service was superb! I'm not sure why the Pines location cannot get their act together. If you have plenty of extra time it's worth it. If you are in a rush, stay away!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have to reiterate what others have said: “Great Atmosphere ” I have been here several times and it’s one of my favorite restaurants in the area. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, the food is good and at a reasonable price, lots drink selection, lots of TV’s all over the place with sports, etc… I come with friends and family and we always have a good time. The kids love their flat bread pizza, and my wife loves their soups and salads.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere