“Great HH” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RA Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 299 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Interstate 75 at Pines Blvd.
Description: It’s more fun in the RA with lively music, a vibrant crowd, inventive cocktails and innovative Japanese fusion cuisine. Whatever you choose, it’s all served with a big side of Anything Can Happen. So bring your friends or make new ones. Either way, you’re in for a great time.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great HH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The happy hour specials are great here. Love the atmosphere and sushi. The crowd was a little bit too old for me otherwise this is a fantastic bar. Good place to take a date to start a night out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Happy hour potential.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Large, open space. A tad loud. Stopped in for happy hour. While not terribly unique, a good experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great atmosphere but that's it!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Went there on a Friday night. Service was beyond slow but the lychee martinis kept us happy. Once the food arrived the sushi was mediocre and the short rib appetizer tasted like old leather!!! Would go back for the cocktails but that's about it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Quad Cities, IL
“One of the better Happy Hour Menu's around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A few co-workers and I decided to try RA for Happy Hour one afternoon and to our surprise it was VERY good! Excellent, friendly and attentive service and the choices on the Happy Hour menu had a lot to choose from in different price categories.
Did not have one bad thing, and the drinks were plentiful as well. Would return and hopefully soon.
Rainbow Roll and Spicy Salmon were very GOOD!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Cheap Saki, American Sushi, Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

SInce I've been to this restaurant more than ten times, the latest being last Friday night, I feel qualified to write a review. When I returned after a while away, I realized all the reasons I've avoided returning even though I live down the street. "Our story", according to the RA Sushi's website is: "Lively Music" (head-banging heavy metal that makes you want to shoot yourself), "Vibrant Crowd", (Drunk, obnoxious college students and texting teenage girls) and the "Best Sushi this side of Tokyo" (not even close, but it's ok). A friend of my step daughter described RA Sushi as an Asian Hooters and I think she's right, but Hooters has better service. I've only eaten inside once but the neon blaring lights and loud, pounding music, drove me outside on repeat visits. Every time I've eaten at an outside table, service has sucked, without exception. When we arrived last Friday night at 7, we waited a solid ten minutes before our waitress came up to us to take drink orders. She explained that some friends had stopped by to say hello and she didn't want to interrupt, but whatever. The reason I return here (against my better judgement) is that the sake is cheap ($4), and the food is ok. I wanted to eat somewhere semi-healthy, but forgot that much of the sushi (especially the house favorites) are filled with fried (tempura) food and cream cheese. There are healthy options, however. We ordered edamame and the RA chips and salsa. The edamame was your standard, the chips and salsa (another RA Sushi guest favorite) was tuna tartare mixed with cucumber, salsa and avocado in fried wontons. It was good, kind of a version of tuna nachos, but the tuna was an almost ground consistency; the won tons were fried nicely. My husband ordered a Kirin light that was huge (like 2 beers) for $7.50. There is a regular size but our waitress just brought out this one,. Our daughter ordered a soda. For dinner, I got a Spicy Lobster Roll (guest favorite) with lobster, cilantro, lettuce, cucumber and wrapped in rice paper. It was good. My husband ordered the Spicy Tuna roll and daughter the California. Both were decent versions, the California roll came with shredded crabmeat, as opposed to solid. But the service- awful. Our waitress apologized for the 'Rough start", and it did get somewhat better but every time I've ever eaten here it has been bad. The tag team waiting team doesn't work. I've been seated next to loud drunks, whom have not been asked to leave, waited forever for a drink and even longer for a check, so the poor service we experienced was not an isolated incident. Our bill for two adults and one child came to $63, hard to choke down with a sub par experience. If you don't care about good service, are craving some fried sushi and cheap saki and have no time constraints, by all means try RA Sushi in South Miami. As for me, you would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to return.

• Visited September 2012