“NICE, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE AND CLOSE TO MOST EVERYTHING” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Inn at St Thomas Square to your Saves list
The Inn at St Thomas Square
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   8730 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408   |
Louisville, Kentucky
“NICE, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE AND CLOSE TO MOST EVERYTHING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about my stay at The Inn at St Thomas Square on Panama City Beach. They are a condo, very clean, WALK TO THE BEACH IN 5 MINUTES, close to most everywhere and the lady at the front desk was GREAT. The wife and I stayed in a studio there, 1 room with a bathroom, that's all we needed because we ran around a lot but they do have bigger. The room had everything in it, cups, plates, pots and pans, fridge, stove, sink, EVERYTHING!!! and the AC was cooold. I have to say this, at most motels/hotels I feel strange sleeping in the bed like my skins crawling but NOT HERE, felt like home. They have a nice pool and a good coffee shop connected to building. The only 2 things but very minor things that was lacking, no wifi in room (can pick up 4 free if u walk close to office), and checkout is at 9am. For the price in the middle of summer, you cant beat it. You do have to pay a onetime 100.00 fee, then it was 78.00 a night after, but check the prices down there and see you wont get much for that price. I had a problem on the way down at another motel and the lady at the front desk worked with me on my checkout and was very helpful and nice. I would stay there again, thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here 3 out of 7 times I have vacationed in PCB. Friendly & courteous management staff. Decor is okay but I will say the place is always clean. It is my fav out of all the places I stayed here because of the distance from most of the noise. Walking distance to the beach, souvernir shops and restaurants. 4 minutes from Walmart. They now have coffee shop in Square that opens at 6am. Great for the price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when down in PCB fishing. The main reason I enjoy it is they have a public dock where I can keep my boat for the week. They do however charge a $25 fee if you bring your boat but I consider that a bargain to dock your boat for the week. It mainly covers the electric and water out on the dock. They also have a fish cleaning station out on the dock.The pool is always clean. I saw a few complaints about the fees, just FYI they no longer have the $10 parking fee and I have never had to pay a pool fee in the 6 years I have been staying here. There are not many rentals on the lagoon. I love that I can wake up, walk out to the boat and be in the Gulf fishing within 30 minutes. Then sit on the balcony overlooking the lagoon and my boat at the dock. There are 4 units I have stayed in the past but for the last 3 years I have been staying in this unit that is listed on tripadvisor. There are also plenty of units for rent on VRBO.com. http://www.flipkey.com/panama-city-beach-condo-rentals/p265044/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Our room was small but we spend our time on the beach so it was perfect. We stayed in a studio and it had a small kitchen area about what would be in a camper but it was great. Very clean and might could freeze you out the ac worked so well. I will definitely stay here next year especially for the price and great location!! The only thing I did not like was the elevators aren't air conditioned and a little slow. We took the stairs down and the elevator up. But overall it's not fancy but great for your money.

• Stayed July 2012
DOTHAN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in a condo on this property, #214. The condo was clean except for the carpet needed cleaning, but was older and needed updating.Everything worked fine. As stated on other reviews we were not told of extra fees until we checked in such as parking, pool, and cleaning fees (booked through expedia) but that was just the beginning. The problem we had was other guests/residents?? at the property. The first night it was just noise outside at about midnight. The 2nd night there was an all out fight/argument with vulger cursing between a man and woman right outside our window. Apparently the female threw him out after which the man screeched away in his vehicle this started at 3 am and finally was over about 5 am but by then I was wide awake. Front desk was very nice about it but we expected a family friendly environment....thank goodness the kids were asleep upstairs and didnt hear. We have stayed at other condos before but never have had these kinds of problems. We probably wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

A large group stayed for the fall bike week in Panama City Beach. The condo was moderately clean. No bugs or whatnot. The condo was quite shabby and run down and in need of major upgrades and renovations. However,mitt was reasonably clean.

My biggest complaint was all of the fees. There was a $5 fee per vehicle per day to park your vehicle in their parking lot. I found this to be ridiculous. Then there was a large fee (it was either $30 or $60, can't remember) non refundable cleaning fee PER DAY. This fee, despite the face that we had NO housekeeping during the two days we were there. Never saw a housekeeper once. No swapping out towels either. Upon checkout, you are required to do most of the cleaning yourself, to include carrying your thrash to the dumpster, or you will be charged another fee, on top of your cleaning fee. If you aren't out exactly by 10, another $100 fee. There is also a $10 fee to use the pool. The walls are also paper thin so be prepared to listen to your neighbors movements at all hours.

I booked this condo through Expedia for a great rate. My initial rate was nearly doubled by the undisclosed fees. All in all, it was quite a rip off. You can do much better at one of the local hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
shbrock, Manager at The Inn at St Thomas Square, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
The are three additional fees that are required for each reservation. They are a departure cleaning fee, parking fee and damage insurance. The cost varies by room size. These fees are disclosed online in the property description and also listed with the room descriptions. We do advise caution when booking through a third party booking company. Often they are the ones that do not disclose these fees. If there is ever a question, please call us directly.
Millbrook, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stay at the Inn from July 31 till August 3rd.They gave us room 1210A was supposed to be a King but got a Queen to me look like a full..The Stove one Knob was tore up didn't work,The Ice maker never produce 1 piece of Ice.The faucet at the Kitchen sink didn't work Had to go to the bath room to get water to make coffee.The windows was dirty could not see out..But the Air Condition work great.and the rest of the Condo was nice.PS.They give you only one roll toliet paper.Will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at St Thomas Square? Share your experiences!