“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Great view, helpful staff, very pleasant. View was great, did not eat here so cannot comment on food. Location is perfect, beach was great, beautiful white sand, not crowded at all. Had to pay for separate chairs on beach, but that's ok...the hotel seemed to have plenty around the pool. Good size rooms, mattress was fairly firm, but room clean. Internet wifi was weak or no connection, perhaps due to being on higher floor? The plugs on the lamps were also worn, so could not use them...could not get a steady connection. We stayed for a few days, and would come back again. Parking is across the street, and there is a golf cart shuttle that can take you back and forth, no charge to park. Mixed drinks were good. Airport is about 25 min away, easy drive. Since this is a big college spring break destination, keep that in mind for march timeframe. You cannot beat the location...

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the rooms as well as our beautiful beaches and pools! We are aware of a “trouble spot” with our WIFI and are addressing the issue by installing additional hardware to give the higher floors a better connection. During the Month of March and usually the first week or so of April we are in a Spring Break event, but for the remainder of the year we are a family friendly resort with tons of activities and entertainment for all ages. Again, we’re so glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guests again soon!

Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Ardmore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We take vacations to Panama City Beach several times each year and we always stay at the Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort. The hotel resort is excellent – nice rooms with a large balcony and fantastic view of the ocean, good restaurants, heated pool, free parking, and many events for everyone in the family. The resort is highly professionally ran, it is clean and neatly kept, the security makes you feel safe and secure, and the beach and ocean view is wonderful. Mr. Nelson Matos (hotel manager) and his staff provide a friendly and welcoming resort that is unmatched. We are already planning and looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views; the higher floor rooms have the best ocean views. Our room was on the 1...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy all the activities and amenities our resort has to offer! It’s great to hear that our Resort Team Members were able to enhance your stay; I’ll be sure to forward your comments to Nelson as well as our GM! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Nicole S.
Centralia, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Well, I had stayed in this hotel last year and reviewed it rating it as excellent. This year they fell short for me. A friend and I were looking forward to a relaxing vacation and while it was in a way, I was unsatisfied with our hotel room. It the bathroom we killed probably 12-15 bugs during our stay. Now I didn't make a big issue of it as we did not spend much time in our room during the stay and I understand we're on the ocean and things like that happen, but mentioned it when checking out they they may want to look into it. No apology, or I'm sorry that happened...all I got was "Do you want to make a statement?" Hmm...well I told the woman I guess I would if that's what needed to be done to get the issue resolved, so I was sent to security to make a statement. The woman was friendly and took my statment, said they would look into it, thanks for letting them know, but once again not a I'm sorry that happened...or anything. I don't know, I was so pleased with the hotel last year and this year just didn't do it for me. Along with the bugs, our room just overall didn't seem as clean, they were doing maintence on the hotel which I understand prime tourist season is approaching, but it just fell short of my expectations and the wonderful experience my family had last year. We did enjoy the balcony, location, views, and being right on the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Travel461,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Warren, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We are so satisfied with this hotel that we extended our stay. The hotel is located on the beach and all rooms has a balcony facing Mexican Gulf. We enjoyed the sea view from sunrise to sunset, on the beach or from our balcony. I haven't been to other Gulf area, but for this area, we could walk into the sea for dozens of yards with water below our knees. There are a lot of restaurants within a few blocks. Our room is big and comfortable, with a full fridge and separate vanity area. I encountered some billing problem at check-in, however the lobby manager Ethan solved it for me later. The only issue was that there was something greasy uncleaned on the night stand, couldn't identify what that was, but the staying was so pleasant that I decide to ignore it and give a 5 star review.

atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed 4 days. the resort is beautiful and the view was fantastic. Beds are good. It has a refrigerator which i liked. Parking is free BUT they have a resort fee of $23 a night. Other than that i would stay there again

Crandon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have not stayed at a better vacation property. We travel frequently and this place ranks at the top of my list for places to visit when really needing a relaxing family vacation. I booked on Hotwire as a Hot Rate for a Wednesday & Thursday night. It was a last minute trip to get out of the cold and snow so we didn't plan ahead and didn't care where we stayed as long as it was close to the beach. Wow, did we get far more than we asked for! Upon check-in the young man that was on duty as manager told the young woman checking us in to upgrade us, free of charge, to a family suite with 4 bunks and a queen bed facing the Gulf because we would be more comfortable in that room than the standard room that was booked! That was an amazing first impression! We were then informed that our 3 children eat all meals free at the on-site restaurants AND we were given coupons for 2 free drinks at the pool bar! The room was very nice with nice linens and a full-size refrigerator. The view from the 10th floor is unbeatable.The pool area is great with a large jacuzzi, salt-water lagoon pool, a "dancing fountains" pool for relaxing and sipping drinks and a kiddie waterpark with slides and dump buckets, etc. The beach is perfect and very clean! They were putting up lockers on the beach bridge while we where there to hold your belongings that you didn't want full of sand! The restaurants have a nice variety of food and are very well priced!! The staff are what really makes this an amazing place! Everyone goes above and beyond to make sure you are enjoying your stay. Friendly smiling faces everywhere you go. Our family absolutely loved the Dive-In Movies every night on the pool deck! We ordered a large pizza one night from the snack bar (only $10 and very good) and ate it while we enjoyed the movie, it was a perfect night. We really hated to leave, we absolutely loved staying at this resort! I forgot my wallet in the room and called later in the day when I realized it was left behind and housekeeping found my wallet and returned it to Security, I was so happy. I have forgotten things many times at other hotels-purses, jewelry, etc and I have never gotten any of it back! Kudos to management on running such an amazing operation at this resort. We will definitely be back, we will definitely be recommending this resort to family and friends and anyone that will listen to what an amazing place this is! If you are reading this because you are considering staying here my advice is to book it...it's amazing!

Room Tip: All rooms have a Gulf View, higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the room, restaurants, and all the family friendly amenities that we have her for our guests. We’re so glad our Resort Team Members were able to enhance your stay! We hope you’ll visit us again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!
Nicole
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Let me tell you, our vacation dollars are precious to us, and when we travel we generally stay at a Holiday Inn hotel to get the best value for our money and also to have a wonderful time! The Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach is one of the best hotels for a family vacay. The hotel has plenty of free parking. We checked in with Tabitha, who was very professional and friendly! She quickly got us into our room, not a lot of waiting in the lobby.
We had only one small problem, and it was quickly and expertly resolved by Mr. Tom Cunningham. Holiday Inn is super blessed to have such a great manager! He represents this hotel chain so well!
Families, this hotel is perfect for the family vacation. The pool area is both sunny and shady, with plenty of lounge chairs and yummy orange ice water when you want a refreshment. The huge pool is heated so it can be enjoyed all evening. The pool is open until midnight so our little ones can play all they want without getting kicked out (I hate that at other hotels!). The boardwalk to the beach is super clean and safe. Security officers are watching over the pool area, something I really like too. This shows Holiday Inn is very concerned to protect their guests. I never saw anyone who looked dangerous but it was great to have that security, you moms will know what I mean.
There are several places to get inexpensive eats poolside, or you can jazz it up a bit and enjoy a fancy dinner (steak was only $18, kind of unheard of in such a nice restaurant). Pool food was hot, yummy, and hit the spot for only a few bucks. My kind of fare :).
You can rest assured your hard earned vacay money will go a long way, the space in the rooms was perfect and clean, with every room having a balcony facing the ocean. I'll try to upload a few pics later, the palm trees so beautiful against the green blue ocean. I am already saving for my next stay here. Families, you can have a great vacation at a great price. Oh, and the pool area has an exceptional water park type pool for children, and a huge hot tub too. Great job Holiday Inn! Thank you Tom Cunningham and Tabitha, we had a wonderful stay and keep up the great work!

Room Tip: We needed a handicapped accessible room and reserved it quickly and easily. All rooms face the ocea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the room, restaurants, and all the family friendly amenities that we have her for our guests. We’re so glad Tabitha and Tom were able to help you during your stay! We hope you’ll visit us again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!
Nicole

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!