“Just wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
ft lauderdale fl
“Just wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just went there this weekend for their Romance package. We travel quite often and this will now be one of our favorite spots. The hotel pool area is fantastic. The bars were great and the service was also good! The view is amazing. We did receive 2 days of the free breakfast buffet and only used one day. The food was ok but maybe they will try and have a little better quality. Other than that this resort is fantastic! I have already told several of my friends and family about it and will be going back in a few months when it is warmer.

Room Tip: 8th floor or higher. Beds are not so comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your romantic weekend at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the pools and amenities around the resort! We appreciate you sharing your experience with your family and friends and are looking forward to your next visit in a few months! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!

Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I thought it was Holiday Inn that used to say people don't like unpleasant surprises--I guess this is why they dropped that slogan. We booked through a 3rd party and were supposed to be full-paid, but at checkin, were told there was an additional "resort fee" of $22 per day. HUH?? The girl said it was for cleaning and for the health center. Whatever. There is a "free" breakfast, but don't order from the menu. I ordered the huevos rancheros, and the kitchen was totally clueless. Shame on me for expecting a Marriott experience from a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. With any hotel, it’s always best to book directly as they can provide you with all the details and information you’ll need to be fully informed about your upcoming stay. The 3rd party intermediary sites simply cannot do as good of a job communicating details as they have never been to our resort and they have thousands and thousands of resorts listed that they have no real connection with. I will pass along your comments about the restaurant to the Restaurant Manager as that is not the level of service we expect at our resort. We hope you’re next visit to Panama City Beach will be more enjoyable for you.
Kindly,
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a REALLY GREAT place to stay. The PRICE was not what you would think for a on the BEACH RESORT. Great service and you dont even have to leave the property for food, drinks and a wonderful time. Restaurants, shops and attractions are witin walking distance.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a GREAT VIEW you want to get above the 7th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed so many of the amenities that our resort has to offer – as well as all that Panama City Beach has to offer! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

All the rooms in the hotel are ocean front, which is nice. You could tell by the condition of the room that it has seen a lot of wear and tear from the spring break crowd. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff serviced it daily. We had to have maintence come and fix the toilet twice in 3 days. The handle for flushing the toilet fell off in my hand.....it was plastic. Who puts a plastic handle on a toilet that's going to see hundreds of flushes! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a business center you won't find one. They have 2 computer stations in the lobby that you have to stand up to use. I had one major complaint and that was the addition of a dalily resort fee. They were doing major construction in the pool area and most things were pretty much shut down. I complained to customer care and they removed the daily fee.

Room Tip: When entering the rooms with a luggage trolley make sure the bathroom door is closed. The trolley w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear AKMiner,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and the room view.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the toilet condition and the renovation. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Frankfort, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wow!!! What a great place to stay. When I made my reservation I requested an upper floor, we were given a room on the 14th floor. Great view of the Gulf and beautiful sunset.
The service was outstanding for check in (Suzanne) to the time we checked out. We meet several different managers of departments and the manager of the hotel. They bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable, with it was. We will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an gulf view on a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets we have here in Panama City Beach! We strive to provide superior service at our resort, we’re so glad that our Team Members were able to enhance your stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you and our daughter as our guests soon!

Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights here in October on business, and have meant to review this place long before this! However, reviews are good.

I got a beach-facing room (which I think they all are...but I wasn't expecting that). I'm from Canada and the beach in October is a treat!! The room is very "resort-y" which is certainly not a bad thing. But again, I wasn't expecting it. We checked in and got our bracelets for all-access. We were also treated to a Manager's meet and greet cocktail hour each night. The room was nice and clean with tile floors and rattan furniture. I had a nice big balcony and an incredible view of the Gulf. Service was good (they thought I had a funny accent; that amused me) and the food was reasonably priced. They did a lot of "free-pouring" with their cocktails which made it harder for us to work, but they know how to show you a good time!

The bed was comfortable, the cleanliness was great (I did however leave my do not disturb out, because I prefer privacy; I don't need my room made up/cleaned every day; and they entered anyway which bothered me.) the room size was more than sufficient. And the gorgeous view just trumped everything. Sunsets at night, moon-sets in the morning, the gentle rush of the waves; I slept with my patio door open... I had to!

I wished it had been a bit warmer so I could have utilized the pools and the beach, but it was right after Sandy so it was pretty chilly (this, coming from a Canadian, haha- but it's true!) It's a lovely resort. I hope to return there one day with my daughter for some girl time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us – even though you were here for business! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities our resort has to offer; hopefully the weather will be more cooperative on your next visit so you can enjoy the rest of what our resort has to offer. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you and our daughter as our guests soon!

Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start of by saying that I have stayed in Holiday Inn many times in the past. So here we go. My wife and I checked in to the Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach. We checked in on Feb 6, 2013, and checked out on Feb. 11, 2013. We had several things that went wrong between Wednesday the 6th, and Friday the 8th, and we were really upset because of these things. So we stopped a hotel worker in the hall and asked him for management. Well to our surprise it was the day shift manager named Steven, and we asked for some where we could talk in private, because we really didn't want to ruin the stay of other patrons there. We began to explain to him the things we had been having to deal with, and he said let me talk to some of the people who knew more about the situations and he would get back to us later on. We said OK and headed up to our room on the 14th floor, and really didn't think anything would be done about it. We arrived at our room and I poured me a soda and went out on the balcony to watch the waves, probably 5 minutes after I sat down out there, in walks Steven, kind of startled me. He first walks up and comps one nights stay at the Hotel (the most expensive night). Then he comp us some drinks and breakfasts. We were OK with all that and told him thank you for all he had done. So we thanked him and figured all that was taken care of and that was all that was to be said about it. WRONG! Every where we turned, and if Steven happened to be there, he came up to make sure that everything was OK, which was nice, but I also noticed that he would check on all of the patrons there and make sure they were OK. This was awesome. When we first arrived at the Hotel, we met a security guard named Tom, and he was the friendliest person I have ever met, joked with us the whole time we were there, and when we left, we went to say goodbye and ended up talking with him for about thirty minutes. We didn't know it but he had heard about our mishaps and had taken it upon himself to make sure that we had a great vacation. But don't get me wrong, he was friendly to us from the first minute. Thanks a million Security Guard Tom, you made our stay great.
We had breakfast every day but one in the Hotel, unfortunately my wife's breakfast was one of the problems, it wasn't a big problem, it was the one that broke the camel's back. It is the one that sent us to find Steven the manager. Anyways, we had a waitress named Kim, and we kind of blew her off because of my wife's meal. This waitress (Kim) felt so bad that when we were out on the patio at the snack bar and ordered and paid for our food, Kim came out and asked Joe, the chef, what our meal cost and tried to give us the money out of her own pocket for our meal at the snack bar. We told her no, of course, because it wasn't her fault, and told her that it wasn't her fault. From that day on, Kim would see us come in to eat, and every time but one made sure that she was our waitress, and the one time she wasn't, she kept coming to the table and checking on us and carrying on a conversation with us. She made such an impression on us that when the day came for us to leave, we were going to say goodbye to Kim and my wife decided to give her a hug and so did I. On this situation, if you are ever in the Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach restaurant, ask for Kim as your waitress and tell her the Solomons sent you. You will not be unhappy with her service. Again thanks Kim, cant wait to see you again.
Last but not least, Joe is one of the Chefs around there. This young man is a very hard working young man. He works the restaurant, and snack bar. He is a hard worker, and even better than that, he makes sure that you are happy with the things he is involved with. You were great Joe, keep up the good work.
In finishing, we have stayed many places, and I will have to say that this has been probably the best place we have ever stayed at. Even though there were several mishaps at the beginning of our trip, it ended up being the greatest trip we have ever made. So please listen to me when I say that when you are planning a vacation, you can not go wrong when your choice is Holiday Inn Resort , Panama City Beach. Hope to see you all there one day.
Once again, I would like to thank Tom the security guard, Kim our gracious server, Joe our magnificent Chef. You all were very great at your job and with customer service. Finally, I really want to give a Great Big Thank You to Steven (manager). All I can say is YOU ROCK MAN. Thank you all, and cant wait to get back down there.

Room Tip: Higher Floors are better!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!