“There for Business, felt like pleasure!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Airdrie, Canada
“There for Business, felt like pleasure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights here in October on business, and have meant to review this place long before this! However, reviews are good.

I got a beach-facing room (which I think they all are...but I wasn't expecting that). I'm from Canada and the beach in October is a treat!! The room is very "resort-y" which is certainly not a bad thing. But again, I wasn't expecting it. We checked in and got our bracelets for all-access. We were also treated to a Manager's meet and greet cocktail hour each night. The room was nice and clean with tile floors and rattan furniture. I had a nice big balcony and an incredible view of the Gulf. Service was good (they thought I had a funny accent; that amused me) and the food was reasonably priced. They did a lot of "free-pouring" with their cocktails which made it harder for us to work, but they know how to show you a good time!

The bed was comfortable, the cleanliness was great (I did however leave my do not disturb out, because I prefer privacy; I don't need my room made up/cleaned every day; and they entered anyway which bothered me.) the room size was more than sufficient. And the gorgeous view just trumped everything. Sunsets at night, moon-sets in the morning, the gentle rush of the waves; I slept with my patio door open... I had to!

I wished it had been a bit warmer so I could have utilized the pools and the beach, but it was right after Sandy so it was pretty chilly (this, coming from a Canadian, haha- but it's true!) It's a lovely resort. I hope to return there one day with my daughter for some girl time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us – even though you were here for business! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities our resort has to offer; hopefully the weather will be more cooperative on your next visit so you can enjoy the rest of what our resort has to offer. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you and our daughter as our guests soon!

Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start of by saying that I have stayed in Holiday Inn many times in the past. So here we go. My wife and I checked in to the Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach. We checked in on Feb 6, 2013, and checked out on Feb. 11, 2013. We had several things that went wrong between Wednesday the 6th, and Friday the 8th, and we were really upset because of these things. So we stopped a hotel worker in the hall and asked him for management. Well to our surprise it was the day shift manager named Steven, and we asked for some where we could talk in private, because we really didn't want to ruin the stay of other patrons there. We began to explain to him the things we had been having to deal with, and he said let me talk to some of the people who knew more about the situations and he would get back to us later on. We said OK and headed up to our room on the 14th floor, and really didn't think anything would be done about it. We arrived at our room and I poured me a soda and went out on the balcony to watch the waves, probably 5 minutes after I sat down out there, in walks Steven, kind of startled me. He first walks up and comps one nights stay at the Hotel (the most expensive night). Then he comp us some drinks and breakfasts. We were OK with all that and told him thank you for all he had done. So we thanked him and figured all that was taken care of and that was all that was to be said about it. WRONG! Every where we turned, and if Steven happened to be there, he came up to make sure that everything was OK, which was nice, but I also noticed that he would check on all of the patrons there and make sure they were OK. This was awesome. When we first arrived at the Hotel, we met a security guard named Tom, and he was the friendliest person I have ever met, joked with us the whole time we were there, and when we left, we went to say goodbye and ended up talking with him for about thirty minutes. We didn't know it but he had heard about our mishaps and had taken it upon himself to make sure that we had a great vacation. But don't get me wrong, he was friendly to us from the first minute. Thanks a million Security Guard Tom, you made our stay great.
We had breakfast every day but one in the Hotel, unfortunately my wife's breakfast was one of the problems, it wasn't a big problem, it was the one that broke the camel's back. It is the one that sent us to find Steven the manager. Anyways, we had a waitress named Kim, and we kind of blew her off because of my wife's meal. This waitress (Kim) felt so bad that when we were out on the patio at the snack bar and ordered and paid for our food, Kim came out and asked Joe, the chef, what our meal cost and tried to give us the money out of her own pocket for our meal at the snack bar. We told her no, of course, because it wasn't her fault, and told her that it wasn't her fault. From that day on, Kim would see us come in to eat, and every time but one made sure that she was our waitress, and the one time she wasn't, she kept coming to the table and checking on us and carrying on a conversation with us. She made such an impression on us that when the day came for us to leave, we were going to say goodbye to Kim and my wife decided to give her a hug and so did I. On this situation, if you are ever in the Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach restaurant, ask for Kim as your waitress and tell her the Solomons sent you. You will not be unhappy with her service. Again thanks Kim, cant wait to see you again.
Last but not least, Joe is one of the Chefs around there. This young man is a very hard working young man. He works the restaurant, and snack bar. He is a hard worker, and even better than that, he makes sure that you are happy with the things he is involved with. You were great Joe, keep up the good work.
In finishing, we have stayed many places, and I will have to say that this has been probably the best place we have ever stayed at. Even though there were several mishaps at the beginning of our trip, it ended up being the greatest trip we have ever made. So please listen to me when I say that when you are planning a vacation, you can not go wrong when your choice is Holiday Inn Resort , Panama City Beach. Hope to see you all there one day.
Once again, I would like to thank Tom the security guard, Kim our gracious server, Joe our magnificent Chef. You all were very great at your job and with customer service. Finally, I really want to give a Great Big Thank You to Steven (manager). All I can say is YOU ROCK MAN. Thank you all, and cant wait to get back down there.

Room Tip: Higher Floors are better!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambria, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited the Holiday Inn Resort in Panama City Beach in January, 2013. The pool was closed for renovation but that was OK because the days we were there were windy and cold; not pool weather at all. However, I can imagine that in the summer when the pool and pool bar are open it would be a great place to hang out.

The hotel sits right on a very nice, wide beach so you can’t beat the location. The sand is powdery and white as snow. There are restaurants and attractions all around it so if you want this to be party central you are in the right place.

Our room was fine. Nothing fancy but nothing to complain about either. We had an ocean view, partially obscured by a palm tree. Higher floors would have an unobstructed view but at the price we paid they said this was as high up as they could put us. There did not appear to be many guests in the hotel at all so I know they could have accommodated my request for a high room.

Our room had mirrors on one wall which made the room seem much bigger and brighter than it actually was.

The manager’s reception in the evening was a nice touch. Dave Tyring, the Guest Service Manager, was always present and generous with the free drink tickets. He made us feel welcome. The hot appetizers were a nice touch. There were so few guests here that the room felt empty but it is probably buzzing in busier times. The drinks were good and we made new friends.

The hotel shows its age but they are working to update it. I’d like to visit again in the summer when the pool renovation is finished.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher than the 5th floor so your view is not blocked by palm trees.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear panoramarick,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We are so pleased you liked the great location of our hotel at the beach and enjoyed our Manager's reception during the night of your stay. We would like to apologize our pool is close for renovation when you visited us. We assure you that we will work on this to make it more amazing and enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to serve you again on your next visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in the off season and while the pool was out of commission for construction. I booked online via Expedia, but the rates, $55 a night, were the same at every online site and my Expedia booking noted that stays after March 1 would be subject to a resort fee. We were staying in February, but they charged us a $45 fee for two nights. Seemed a bit of a bait and switch on the rates, especially given that anything that would qualify the property as a "resort" was offline, including the pool and poolside bar. There was supposed to be a spa there, but who knows where it was. Perhaps behind the construction barriers.

My suggestion: Either don't charge the resort fee when the resort is offline or just state the ACTUAL daily rate so that people can fairly evaluate the property. For nearly $80 a night in the off-season on the Gulf Coast, we could have at least gotten breakfast and a pool.

Our first room was pretty bad: Broken bed, mold around the bathroom mirror and an armoir that looked like someone had taken a header into it. The staff were quick to move us to a new room, which was on an upper floor and seemed generally better maintained. The toilet leaked some and they had to come up and fix the balcony door because it wouldn't open, but otherwise the room was very large and the views from the balcony deck and the large windows were stunning. The beds were comfortable and the beach was gorgeous. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance, including an arcade and Cici's Pizza right across the street (good for kids). There was some noise from partiers in a few rooms and one instance of a guy and a girlfriend/hooker (couldn't tell which) having or nearly having sex in the hot tub, but things were generally low-key.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 406.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear mg_north,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the renovation and the poor bathroom condition. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for a week in the off-season. Overall great experience. Staff was plentiful and very helpful, even asked if I desired a smoking room even though I didn't (I was on a business trip and they made the reservations). Parking is across the street with a short walk to the hotel through a tunnel, but 90% of the time there was a golf cart there ready to take me to and from if I wanted. Very quite and peacful, I kept my door open at night to hear the gulf shore waves. Sunset lounge is a great place to have a drink or two at night to relax, and they seem to have karoake every night, which is rather entertaining most times. The bartender, Robert, was awesome, very friendly and respectful.

• Stayed February 2013
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy so much of our resort even though you were here on business and during the winter season. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

KATL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice property. Now do not get a room on the north east side if the weather is raining. You will get wet. Room 601 has no warm water. Big rooms. Now you do hear noise from rooms above otherwise its quite. Room has a refrigerator , micro, coffee maker,(bring your own). Workout room was big and has life fitness equipment . It was very dirty and worn out. Pools look nice .

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so sorry to hear that the weather was not cooperative during your stay. Thank you for letting us know about the issue in the rooms you stayed in, I have forwarded your comments to the Maintenance Manager so that he can check into this situation and ensure that it is corrected. We just finished enhancing our pools and hope that if you visit us again the Florida sun will be shining and you’ll be able to enjoy them. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, we hope you enjoyed your visit to Panama City Beach!

Kindly,
Morrow, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We only stayed one night, but the experience was really good! The room was quite large with a full sized refrigerator and a microwave. Having a balcony overlooking the Gulf was awesome. It's a little outdated, but they seem to be working on that. Great location with a gorgeous beach! What more could you ask for?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We’ve been hard at work enhancing our resort to ensure that our guests have an amazing vacation experience when they stay with us, we appreciate your understanding during these exciting enhancements. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Nicole S.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!