“It Was GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Auburn, Ky
“It Was GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Several of us traveled from Kentucky for some beach time on fall break. I will have to say, after driving all night and checking in at 5 am at Holiday Inn Resort, I was amazed. First of all, the guy at check in was super nice and helpful and even allowed us a later check out since we arrived at 5 am. That was a blessing for sure. Then we all enjoyed a wonderful breakfast there and the pool and beach. The bartender was very friendly and we loved just talking to her. The property is beautiful and very comfortable, as well as affordable. We have no complaints at all. As a matter of fact, I managed to leave behind on the bedside table my wedding band and diamond ring. I was so thankful when I called and it was turned in to security and I then went and picked it up. It's so nice to know there are honest people in this world. I love the tiki huts outside and wow the musician playing the saxaphone was great. I will for sure recommend this property to anyone. They even had complimentary cold water and sweet tea in the lobby each day. The front desk staff were all great and helpful. Would I go back here? You bet I would and I hope to stay here on my next visit to PCB.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We’re so glad that you were able to enjoy the entertainment and amenities at our resort as much as our resort team members! It’s great to hear we were able to help get your wedding rings back to you when they were left behind We hope to have you as our guests again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.
Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The wife and kids get-a-way turned into a lesson in allowing a good Hotel Manager /VP to make it better!

Had problem with guest and probably would have left. VP took care of it and stood behind hotel good reputation. Extended apology and made good a bad experience. So-much-so, my family stayed and enjoyed the property an extra day.

Great kids activities and family appeal.

Room Tip: Don't go during spring break. Ask front to put you near quiet section, if you want that.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We’re so glad that our Management Team was able to correct the situation and make things right for you to where you could enjoy your stay. We hope to have you as our guests again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I travel extensively every year. I chose this place because of the Aqualand for my "grandfriends," girls 8 and 10 but this place has so much to offer besides just that. In the past 35+ years I doubt that I have stayed at a place where everyone including staff and the people visiting were as nice as here. I cannot say enough about my stay. The room to start off with 2 queen size beds was really spacious, really twin bathroom sinks, made life easy getting ready with 3 females in the room, extremely nice pool and then take a few steps and you are right at the Gulf. We had entertainment near the pool each day from sax player to lady playing metal drums and singing, a nite of Polynesian show with torch lighting. I along with my little friends were so sad to leave but guess what, we intend to come back next year and this time want to spend more time there. A great, wonderful time there. Thanks for our memories.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the entertainment and amenities at our resort! The twin sinks and the full size refrigerator and microwave are all favorite features of our rooms for many of our guests! It’s wonderful to hear that we were able to be a part of your families vacation memories! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Kindly,
milford de
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The staff and management in this hotel really know how to treat guests.The is the sister property for the Select also in Panama city fl so i understand why the staff has been with the hotel for so long they just care.
Rooms are a bamboo rattan design that is really tropical.
great pools and bar with non stop live music at the pool. I am listening to the band at the as i write.
This just may be my new favorite get-away beach resort.
Across the street you have bowling-restaurants just about anything you need without having drive.
If you are not sure where to stay give this hotel a try. I would look for the best rates available as in season rates are a bit pricey but off season are very reasonable.
The kids pool is the best

Room Tip: Upper floors are nice view but elevators are fast and all rooms have very good panoramic views of th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We’re so glad that you were able to enjoy the entertainment and amenities at our resort as much as our resort team members! We hope to have you as our guests again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.
Tavernier, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hotel was relatively clean hotel for being on the beach. Has a goo size pool and outdoor area,
Beach was great lthough the charges for the beach lounges was excessively high. Mostly guests had their own so if you dont want to spend a fortune then bring your own chairs and umbrella and beach towels.

For a family the king room had a large refrigerator and microwave. So all in all it was pretty well equipped for the vacationer.

Room Tip: Does not include breakfast
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do have a limited number of beach chairs so they are considered a premium; for the best value it’s always better to book one of our money saving packages – these packages are designed to give you savings on no only the room but extra amenities around the resort such as the beach chairs or on breakfast. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Kindly,
nash, tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the HI in PCB from Sept. 26-29. The hotel was great. Because it was Holiday Inn, I did not have high expectations. I am not a picky person. If something isn't right, I call front desk and have them correct the situation. I did not have any issues with my room. A few in the group I was with did. However, I was told that after a phone call, the room was tidy within 15 minutes. I found this hotel to be fabulous. It has a great location, every room faces the beach and ocean. It is inexpensive and great for families or budget conscience folks like myself. I was traveling with a group of 30 ladies. As a group we got great rates, $109/night/person. This rate did not include breakfast. The rooms were clean and bright with minimal amenities. It does have a full fridge, DVD player, and all typical amenities. Plus free wifi service in the room, and two pc and printer in the lobby. The one thing I would note is the hotel food is expensive, but good (I'm a foodie, love food)! So plan in advance as far as eating out is concerned. Directly across the street from the hotel is enterprise rent a car, and a separate business where you can rent a two seater buggy and mopads. I found it to be less expensive to rent a compact to midsize vehicle from enterprise vs. a taxi, buggy, & mopad. As far as eating, I love food, and seafood is my favorite. I went to Saltwater Grill and it was soooo GOOD! I spent some $$$, but it was well worth it (heads up, my bill came to $100 even for me and my mom). Best of all, at this time of year, off-season, the hotel and beaches are not crowded at all, so you feel like you have the run of the place. The entertainment was a bit boring, one hawaiin laua is enough, but I did like the fact you could sit on your balcony and watch the family movies they played on the deck, The Lion King, and We Brought a Zoo. There was always a live music, and Great Musicians. I guess the last thing I should share is that the small jacuzzi next to the pool did not work, however, there was a bigger hot tub/jacuzzi closest to the kids zone, that was fabulous!! I was told that this time of year, the small jacuzzi never works, go figure! oh one more thing, the beds, not firm. I enjoy firm beds, this bed was just okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! It’s great to hear that you and your group enjoyed our resort and our beautiful beaches on Panama City Beach! Dive-Inn Movies are one of our most popular activities; the whole family enjoys watching movies on the pool deck while swimming – or from the balconies! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you as our guests again soon!
Inverurie, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I'd stayed here soon after the hotel opened and chose it to return with my wife. It is comfortable, well-appointed and has balcony views of the gulf. However, I was disappointed to be charged an additional $22.50 resort fee. One of the reasons for choosing the hotel was it had "high-speed Internet", which I need for business. The wi-fi is at best intermittent and very slow.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Savik,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you found our hotel to be comfortable, well appointed with a great view of the gulf. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the internet connection and the additional resort fee. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach? Share your experiences!