“Broken by Spring Breakers” 1 of 5 stars

Seahaven Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15285 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #33 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Louisville, KY
“Broken by Spring Breakers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel with my wife and daughter. We stayed in room 633 from Aug 10 to Aug 12 and, to put it mildly, we were extremely disappointed in the accommodations. We would never stay there again would never recommend anyone else to stay there either. The room and the entire facility are in dire need of repair and upgrading (or even better, demolition). Apparently spring-breakers do just that...break and destroy. Meanwhile the hotel does nothing to replace and repair what has been destroyed. To name SOME of the problems with the room...

• There were large burn holes in the bed spread (in a non-smoking room)
• The carpet was stained and dirty
• The bathroom smelled horrible, and despite being cleaned and sprayed continued to smell.
• The door to the room was difficult to open and shut because it was bent and warped evidently from being kicked multiple times
• The TV stand/cabinet was stained and the lamination was curling off in large pieces.
• The kitchenette was poorly stocked. There were insufficient utensils for cooking or eating. The few pieces that remained were disgustingly dirty.
• The refrigerator was badly dented and the freezer door handle was completely bent in from being beaten on.
• The pull-out bed was in such bad condition nobody could ever sleep on it.
• The Air Conditioning on it's highest setting could barely keep the room cool.
• The TV remote did not work in the bedroom

After checking in and advising the management of our room's condition, we were told the best they do for us was to allow us to leave without having to pay for staying for the ONE hour we were there. We were told the whole hotel was booked full and that all the rooms were in the same condition as ours. Apparently customer service was also in disrepair at this hotel! Only because it was late and we had been driving all day long, and we did not wish to undergo the hassle of finding another place and moving that late at night we stayed there. However I will never make the mistake again of staying in this or any other hotel that allows spring breakers to destroy it and do nothing to repair it. I can't believe that I paid $159 a night (supposedly a discounted rate) for such a horrible piece of "you know what" room. I've paid less for fantastic hotels in the Carribean! They should be sued for claiming this to be a "Quality" hotel. The only Quality it has is POOR QUALITY! If you're going to Panama City Beach do yourself a favor and stay at a nice condo. It costs a little more but apparently you get what you pay for.

• Liked — Looking at it in the rear view mirror
  • Disliked — The disgusting smell in the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I checked in on a Thursday 07/25/07 for a business appointment on Friday 7/26/07 for business and decided to bring the family for the weekend for two addittional nights.

The front desk staff was very helpful in working out two separate back-to-back reservations and were able to get us in the same room even though I had originally reserve red two different room types. The free breakfeast was crowded and average, but hey, it's free.

The rooms are old and the bathroom faucet leaked (a lot) however given the rate and high season and the fact that we knew that we were staying at at 3 or 4 diamond/stare hotel we managed just fine.

Given the beach location and age of the hotel you can imagine that the place is not sparkling clean but again not a problem to us. Lots of families on summer vacation and after getting used to the loud roar of cars and motorcycles going by on Front Beach Road overnight and drunks coming back from the Bars at 4:00 AM I would give it a solid 3 out of 5 stars.

Still the best value on the beach and unbeatable views as witnessed below saw a rainbow in the Gulf when I woke up on Sunday 07/29/2007.

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — Old age of building, proximity to the street and street noise overnight.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Columbus, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

No complaints. Stayed for 3 nights. Had a bottom floor room right on the beach. Door opened right onto a deck and right next to shower and path to beach. Actually did not expect alot but were pleasantly surpised. Room was very clean. Nice breakfast, but need to get there early to avoid a big crowd. If you want to stay at the "Ritz" this is not it, but if you want a clean room, beach view at the right price, this is very nice.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Older hotel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

Quality Inn is a part of Choice Hotels – I recommend not using any of their affiliates.

What happened to me at this hotel tarnished our entire vacation – having a laptop computer stolen out of a locked room.

We had checked out that morning and later in the day I realized I left the laptop in its case by the bed. I returned that very same day. The staff, including the manager, Jerry, completely brushed me off as if it wasn’t their concern at all. Jerry was very nice to me, but all he was willing to do was call house keeping and ask if anything had been turned in. The thing that bothered me about this, which Jerry seemed to ignore entirely, was the computer had been taken from an electronically locked room. It took a card key coded to open the room door to get in. If a member of their own staff had done this, of course they're not going to say “oh yes, I turned in a laptop.” Yet this was all he was willing to do. -- I called the police and filled out a report in their lobby. The officer told me it should even be possible to trace the door key used since it was electronic, yet again Jerry didn’t even do this. Finally, at the hotel security’s own request, Jerry did at least call our room, now occupied with new guests, to ask them if they had found anything... The laptop taken was in a fairly large, black bag, heavy with equipment and was sitting next to our bed (no way to miss it). It was also labeled with my name and address. The whole experience was a shock to me – it just seemed like every stereotype you hear about hotels in Panama City. I haven’t even so much as received a phone call with an update concerning my $2500 loss from them.

• Liked — Price vs. Location
  • Disliked — Lack of any real customer service.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

I was looking for reasonably priced rooms for a Christian youth group. Each room would have an adult. This answered our needs perfectly. For a beach, pretty clean rooms, nice breakfast including waffles (very crowded), nice outdoor pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Had dealings with at least 8 staff, and all of them smiled, and responded quickly.

Parking was a difficult. But that is the case all along that stretch.

• Stayed June 2007
ALABAMA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

We stayed at Quality Inn Front Beach rd. from June 14-17. We were very disappointed with what we saw when we arrived. The room was not at all as big as it looked in the pictures.The room was not very clean and the bathroom was pretty bad. For anyone looking to go on vacation do not let these pictures fool you. With small children we were looking forward to the playground area well come to find out it doesn't even belong to the motel you have to eat at the restaurant next door to get access to the play area. The beach was great but the room was not . Oh and also very limited parking we had to park across the busy road several times. We won't be back to the motel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
grand lake, ok
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I don't know where to start. My stay here was 6-16, 17, 18-2007. This hotel is not dirty it is filthy beyond description. Overall inside and out it has a stinch that I can only describe as party central for college students. Reminds me of puke. The carpet is filthy, rm136 has a wall pulling away from the floor behind the toilet, the one elevator has exposed electronics, the halls have DNA growing (almost visually) I moved to rm 355. A wall plug is bare, no plastic shield. The elevator is slower than any elevator I have ever experienced. And, there is only one elevator. One ice machine on the 2nd floor for the entire building. The wireless internet advertised does not work. Fortunately my ISP had a local dialup. I had to buy batteries for the TV remote to work in rm 355. Parking space is so limited they ask you to park across the street in the sand along the side of the highway. There were used condoms in the parking lot on the morning of 6-17-07. For crying out loud. Wallpaper was missing from the bathroom wall in rm 136. Rm 355 had repair to the back of the shower. In lieu of repairing the wallboard a piece of oversized sheetrock was simply screwed in place. The breakfast area is very small for the amount of people that wish to use their "free" breakfast. Breakfast isn't free at these prices for a dump hotel. To put it plainly this place is a dump, the building is trash at best and I wouldn't stay here again. Ever. Do youself a favor and let the college kids have it. If Choice Hotels, i.e. Quality Inn, doesn't have any desire to do anything regarding what their name says they are (Quality) then let the thing go down the tubes. The best thing that could happen with this building is let the next Hurricane finish the job. No one would know the difference except it would be clean after the hurrican. At least the best hotels around Panama City Beach do not let the college kids in. For a reason. STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE.

• Liked — Not one darn t hing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Seahaven Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!