“Gulf Coast Jam!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Georgia, United States
“Gulf Coast Jam!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really can't say anything "bad" about Seahaven. It's right on the beach and my room was the best room of all...I walked right out onto the deck to the beach. The view was awesome to be able to open my curtains to see. I didn't go to stay in the room though, we went the Gulf Coast Jam and it was Amazing!! Beaches, Bars n live music!!! Would I stay there again? Sure would! For what we went there to do, the value was pretty unbeatable. And no matter where I go, I Lysol everything!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Denise

Thanks for your review! Gulf Coast Jam was a lot of fun for everyone and they've just announced the next GCJ will be Labor Day weekend. Hope to see you back for another great event. If you do come back, give me a call directly and I'll help you with your reservations.

850.636.6550

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dothan AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We've stayed at SeaHaven, even before it was named SeaHaven and enjoy the fact that the rooms all face the Gulf with a balcony. This year was an entirely different situation! We checked in Thursday afternoon, Nov 7, 2013, with the Emerald Coast Cruizin event. Friday morning, we noticed a speck of dried blood on my husband's side of the bedsheet but didn't think anything of it. Saturday morning, he noticed several fresh blood stains scattered all over the sheets. He found a brown, tick shaped but roach-like bug and killed it. It was full of his fresh blood! We had never even thought of bed bugs. He took it to the office and she sent maintenance guy up to check the beds. He looked on the mattresses, but didn't see anymore. He said the third and fourth floors had just been sprayed for bugs. Because the hotel was completely filled, we couldn't be moved to a different room. The maids changed the sheets and cleaned the room, and we thought all was well. The front desk clerk even called to tell me she had "comped" the room. It was free for the four nights we had booked 10 months earlier. Sunday morning, we woke up to at least 30 bites from bed bugs on my husband! We inspected the box springs, under the mattresses, and found an entire community of bed bugs! My husband went back to the front desk showing the clerk some of the new bites and requested that we have a new room, since the hotel was mostly empty. (The car show was over on Saturday.) She told my husband that they had already given us the room for free and that they were not moving us to a new room. Does she really think that we're gonna stay in an infested room just because it was free???!!!??? We left!!! We had to go to a laundromat and wash EVERYTHING that we had brought into the room and pray that we didn't bring any bugs home with us! To top it off, my husband is having allergic reactions to all the bug bites. He is on antibiotics and has already missed his first day back at work. We've stayed at this location for the last time!!! And I intend to warn everybody of the dangers of bed bug locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for you having to deal with this during your stay. As a hotelier, this type of issue is one of our worst fears. Unfortunately, it is something that no hotel/condominium can predict or prevent from ever happening but deal with as best as we possibly can. We were not aware of issues with the room until you brought it to our attention. As soon as we were informed we did have someone inspect the room and found no other issues at that moment. I am happy to hear that your stay was covered and the room was re-cleaned with all linen and terry changed out. I would like to speak with you directly about this matter. Please contact me at your convenience.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

upon pulling into the parking lot at SeaHaven I was a little unsure ... The building looked to be undergoing some issues . .. The front desk clerk , I believe her name was sherri , was the rudest hospitality person I have ever encountered .. She spoke to the other employees and guest that were there like she was better then everyone . This is not the face I would want at my motel . .. After getting our keys to room 136 I believe we encountered some staff that were walking across the parking lot .. The one lady had short blonde hair , a light blue polo looking shirt and tan shorts . She seen me struggling with my 2 children and belongings and quickly help me carry my stuff to my room and also entertained my children while I unpacked . I belive she was a manager or supervisor of some sort . I want to say her name was windy or whitney She truly made up fpr my terrible encounter with your front desk agent . My room was very clean but was in need of some serious updates . Overall my stay as great ! And I will definitely come back .. just because of the great encounter I had with the young lady that assisted me and my kids . She truly made a lasting impression !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the review. First, my apologies for what you encountered at the desk and I will address the issue. I am very happy to hear that we have staff that are willing to go above and beyond their jobs. As to the property, we certainly understand the property is in need of repair and we will be starting those repairs in the next couple of weeks. We look forward to having you stay with us again and remember you get a discount for being a repeat guest!

Clinton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

When we checked in Sandy went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. I really appreciate all she did for us. As far as the room, we had a 2 room suite, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very disappointed that there was no seating in the living room area except for the kitchen chairs and a bed. Since we are in our late 50's it was very uncomfortable for us. It was cool while we were there and the heat didn't work and the door let in very cold air thru the cracks around the door. I couldn't find any extra blankets in the room so it was a cold nights sleep.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a sofa so you have to sit on the bed or in a hard kitchen chair to watch tele...
Hi Linda

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property. I am sorry it wasn't quite as comfortable that you like but happy to hear that the room overall was in good order. We actually are addressing the living room seating arrangements this winter. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any questions.

Chattanooga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We decided to come down early ahead of our reservations at our regular place so we just spent one night. It was just OK. Would not have wanted to stay any longer. The room was large with very little furniture in it and the carpet was in bad shape. The bathroom was clean but this place really needs a facelift and a good cleaning inside and out. It's looks like it's more of a "Spring Break" place rather than a family vacation spot. I'd rate it between poor and average. The young lady was very nice at the desk when we checked out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi there. Thank you for the review. We are just about to kick off our renovations to the building and are also addressing issues with the room. I wasn't able to locate your reservation to see what room you were in. Most of our rooms really don't have space for additional furnishings, however, we do have a one room type that may be a little sparse until after our winter project. Would love to speak with you about your stay if you get a moment.

Shepherdsville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I understand this hotel is undergoing a "Facelift". Believe me, it needs more than that! If you are only going for access to the beach - this is the place. Let's face it! It 's the same beach they have at the Wyndham - but- I was reluctant to even sit anything on the range it was so nasty! The bathroom was clean. That's about all I can say for that! Everything was outdated. But - spoke with folks that were staying in the upper floors and they said everything was beautiful. Since we were there through AARP I was disappointed we didn't get the best there was to offer. Might go back just to see if it gets better. It was cheap and a very convenient location. Don't plan to "live" there for more than a couple of days!

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled section - only!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi there. Thank you for your review. You are correct the property is in need of some repair and updating, which is exactly what we have planned for this winter. We updated our Two Room Suite's last year and are working on the remainder of the property this year. We look forward to seeing you in the future and showing you a change in the property. Feel free to contact me directly when you book.

Renee Reyer
Seahaven Beach Resorts, AGM
Newnan, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at seahaven for country jam and the room was suppost to sleep 6 people and we had 2 little bed that barely slept the 4 of us! You smell mildew and mold! If you walk across the floor you mind as well throw away your socks because its that nasty the balcony is busted and cracked the hallways have mold and mildew everywhere not sanitary at all we took showers the nasty water would come up in the drain and fill the tub front dest was notified and did nothing house keeping you half to do their job the leave 2 towels for 4 people and when we asked the front desk they said there wasnt anymore with a stupid smerk! You half to sign a no refund letter before you even see your room this hotel is a freakin nasty joke we are calling the health department! The pool has a black nasty film and they just leave the broken lounge chairs out on the deck!! There was broken glass on the doors if a child would have touched it they probly would have cut their selfs!! The beds we had to get the sheets change when we got there they had something black on the sheets! And the fridge will maybe hold a 12 pack that was suppost to be a full sized!! The rooms are way way way over priced. It should be called seahaven hell hotel!!!

Room Tip: Go to the flamingo or osprey driftwood they are nice and clean..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi Cheryl

First off, I want to apologize to you for your negative experience at one of our properties. I was able to locate your stay at the hotel. It looks as if you reserved a room with two double beds and a kitchen that would accommodate up to four people, I'm not quite certain where the confusion was for you to expect accommodations for six people. After reading you review, I'm very concerned about he housekeeping and general maintenance issues that were not in good order. I would love to address your issues with you personally. Please contact me directly by email or phone so that we can resolve this matter.

Renee Reyer
Seahaven Beach Resorts, AGM
850.636.6550

Been to Seahaven Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!