“Beautiful Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel at the Boardwalk Beach Resort

You added Hotel at the Boardwalk Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hotel at the Boardwalk Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   9600 South Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32408 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Ranked #41 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Jupiter, Florida
“Beautiful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were driving through Panama City Beach not intending to stay, but it was just so nice! Lots of fun things and restaurants in the area. We drove around looking for a nice little hotel on the beach, not a skyscraper, and found the boardwalk hotel. It was clean and secure! The beach was absolutely beautiful--warm water, soft white sand, and very gentle waves. The best part was that the beach is a few steps from your room! I would certainly stay here again, I don't really understand all of the negative reviews. I guess people can't deal with a little sand (oh no filth!) Haha, don't let the negative reviews discourage you, it is a great place!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Homewood, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Please heed my warning!!! I read these reviews and went anyway. I normally stay in one star cheap motels, and I thought this couldn't be any worse. Boy was I wrong! Those motels are the Ritz compared to this place. My room was what I expect from a place that charges $50 a night not $100. The furniture was broken, the beds were awful, there wasn't even any complimentary shampoo for guests. This all pales in comparison to the cleanliness of the room. When we were settling in we moved the bed covers to discover a dirty, used CONDOM ON THE FLOOR. But, it didn't stop there, oh no, there was dirty underwear under the bed and condom wrappers everywhere. Im pretty sure they didn't even look under the beds. Please don't waste your money... go stay at the Travelers lodge down the road and use the money you save to drive to the public beach. I am still waiting to hear back from the manager to see if I will get my money back for this horrible experience. We'll see.

Room Tip: Any where but this "resort".
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for a youth conference. Our room seemed like a regular room, but a little small. Bathroom was very small. The worse part about our stay was the staff. They were so rude, and not helpful at. Pool was dirty, it had sand and seaweed in it. The food were we served at bought at a little restuarant was horrible, worse than summer camp food, and a Days Inn breakfast. (By the way I like breakfast's at Days Inn.) Overall, we didn't enjoy it and we will not br coming back. I also don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel! Spend the money elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. It is right on the beach, close walk to club La Vela, Spinnaker and other bars.
Stayed with 5 friends in a small room on the first floor. Many things were missing in the room, and there was no housekeeping except for change of towels everyday. No washer and dryer at the hotel. The room was dirty and the phone didn't work.
If you get a super cheap price for this go for it. But all else AVOID!
I had a great time at PCB, but it definitely wasn't because of the hotel room.

Room Tip: Have a room in the main Boardwalk if anything, our room was on the side. Avoid
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pune
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Booked a room at this hotel purely for Beach view, and was given a ground floor room which was just besides the swimming pool. No view. No Balcony.
Smelly depleted Rooms, super small bathrooms, window blinds not working, Door locking mechanism not working, bad customer service, all in all, our entire trip was wasted because of this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not agree for ground floor rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was apprehensive about staying here. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Great location, the room looked exactly like the pictures provided, the staff was pleasant and the courtyard and beach access areas were clean.
We saw plenty of staff present in the common areas, they were constantly picking up trash dropped by the spring break crowd and emptying the trash cans located in multiple locations around the courtyard.
The room was clean, especially the bathroom and mini fridge. I even checked corners and found nothing! The beds were okay, not the most comfortable, but the sheets were clean.
We enjoyed our stay, especially the price. You can't beat it for a short vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
cincinnati ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I rented 4 condos in this resort for 25 people including 19 year olds on spring break. The penthouse condo I rented was a filthy mess, dried bugs ect. I hired a housekeeper to clean an extra 3 days but she barely swept. The furniture was old and soiled and the keypad on the door did not work you could press anything and get in. I called maintenance but he was not helpful and seemed put off by my requests. Also beware no internet connection even though the add said yes. I also has a very nice unit on the same floor. So my advise is too look closely and ask a lot of questions before you rent. Also very strict there very strict, they will evict you right away for too much noise and so forth. OMG the security is in full force and watching every more we made. NOT FUN AT ALL

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family