“Not so bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Valdosta
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

My husband, sister, and I stayed at this hotel from May 1 to May 4. We came expecting the worst after the reviews I read online. The truth is the room had a great view, was moderately clean, and the staff was friendly. For a hotel right on the beach with a great pool the price was good. The room had some damage from springbreaks past, i.e. small holes in walls, broken light fixtures. But on the whole if I was looking to stay in PCB again for a decent price I would probably come back. Also if you are a young woman in the hotel by yourself beware of the creepy security guards.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cincinnati, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

A group of us went here for Spring break. We paid cash for our room at check-in and then when we returned home noticed that we also were charged on our credit card for the same stay! We were told that because we did not have a cash receipt we would have to pay again. We were treated horriably. We believe someone pocketed the cash and charged the card to cover their tracks. The hotel would not even check the video tape from the check in desk to verify that we paid cash. Worst vacation ever!!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

Took 12 Teens to this hotel this week for Spring Break. After reading the reviews I was expecting the worst. But, ended up having a nice experience. They upgraded us for free, brought a coffee pot to my room with 15 min of the request, had good air conditioning and hot water, had excellent maid service (tip a buck or two everyday) and found or saw no bugs (might be early in the season). This is a teen hotel, not a family hotel during spring break. Kids up until 4am all the time, but they have good security and if it get too loud you can call and they will send someone to quiet the kids down. Front desk was helpful on getting pizza's delevered and suggesting restuarants to go to away from the kids. You just need to be prepared that this is an older hotel that had probably 15 million kids pass through that had one hell of a party.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2007

PROS: Directly on the beach, Nice Pool, Great view from the Balcony if you are on the 5, 6, or 7th floor.

CONS: Door keys do NOT work, since there is sand and salt stuck in the card reader, Doors do NOT lock completly when you pull them shut, Pool is extremely over crowded since it is shared with the hotel next door, Pool water is Mountain Cold, Hot Tub is only luke warm, there are definately not enough pool chairs and too many drunk teens running around, There is NO customer service and POOR maid service, Rooms are only average, Elevators do NOT always work, Front Desk Clerks are NOT accomodating to customer's needs, there are only 2 luggage carts - so be prepared to carry it all yourself up and down stairs, overall Hotel needs to be updated and have their own pool/hottub.

Also, be prepared to have a necessary colorful conversation at time of checkout to correct your bill.

We will never stay here again!!

• Liked — The View of the ocean
  • Disliked — The terrible service
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

My fiance and I spent 6 nights at the Days Inn on Front Beach Row. We were in room 725 on the 7th floor of course. We were charged$ 331.50 for the entire week's stay! We got our room on a walk in basis! Our room had 2 double beds and that's about it! Pretty much it was just a standard motel room, except....the VIEW WAS AMAZING!!!!!! No it was not the best hotel on the beach, but it was great for the price we payed! U know the saying, "you get what you pay for"! Yes, there were a few things I wasn't to happy about, like the bed was as hard as concrete, both of them!!! But we also talked to another couple that was there, and they said that their bed was fine, so just the luck of the draw, I guess? There was a dead roach on our bathroom floor, but hey, atleast it was dead, right? We also had to call the front desk b-cuz there was cold air coming through our door, but they sent the maintenance guys up and it was fixed almost immedietley! to sum it up, if you don't plan on spending alot of time in your room, this place is great, ONLY IF YOU ARE GIVEN THE SAME DEAL WE WERE GIVEN! We checked in Feb. 10 am and checked out Feb 17 am and was only charged 331.50!!!

• Liked — the view of the ocean
  • Disliked — the concrete hard mattress
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2007

I stayed in this hotel twice last Year and both times it was great. No, its not a Condo by no means. The staff was excellent, the Contiental breakfast was great. The rates could be lower, to attract more customers ( can get a condo cheaper) but overall its in a good location the room was clean.
Will be back.

Stayed May 2006
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

Okay, I concider myself a hotel pro. My husband is a trucker. I have lived in 45 different hotels (by lived i mean 30 days or longer)
This hotel is the absolute WORST i have ever been in!!!!!

Dirty
YES...No staff that is anyway informed or nice. I was basically tricked into staying here. I came from Myrtle Beach SC on my way to New mexico. I called the hotel directly and was informed that my charge card would only be authorized for one night. after 14 hours of driving thru thunderstorms, downpours and traffic, I get to the hotel and find that they charged my card 3 different rates. Well after that I decided to TRY to take my buisness elsewhere. They informed me that because I didn't like their roach motel, that if I left early, I would be charged $80.00 per night for my room in addition to what they put on my card. Nice.

So I am writing this On my computer from the nasty room I am forced to be at or lose $300.00. Oh yeah they DON"T have High speed internet,I am on dialup! Heres the scoop:

Pool 2 stars waterfall Island scenery nice, The waters Freezing and dirty.

Hot tub No jets No stars...

Music Full blast in pool area,nice if are into hip hop and rock.

Rooms/Hotel appearance...2 Stars The rooms are musty and painted very tacky colors,Used a flat dark turquiose to cover the age. Place was built in 1950's, Never spackeled and sanded before they painted over. Peeling paint in every corner.

Room Furnishings NO Stars..Kitchenette was to have service for 4..It had plasticware and paper plates.

Customer Service NO stars...Rude, unhelpful, know nothing about the area, hotel ammenities, or billing.

My Overal Score 1 Star Aweful .......Stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Pool scenery
  • Disliked — Hotel Staff and The hotels lack of cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front? Share your experiences!