“Friendly Atmosphere and Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Nortonville, Ky
“Friendly Atmosphere and Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here last fall after the crowds left which was a first for us. It was well worth waiting for the summer crowds to thin out. The beach was not crowded and the traffic was light. We went the week after Biker week so it was quiet. The room was a little dated but kept essentially clean overall. Next time we visit we should bring a small broom to sweep out the tracked in sand between daily housekeeping visits. No matter how careful you are, you will track it in! The front desk staff was very pleasant. I spoke with a very nice clerk daily and we chatted some about similar interests. The continental breakfast is adequate. The views from the balcony were awesome and we got some great pictures. The balconies are in need of repair and painting. For an older hotel, we had a good experience overall. Was a little pricey, we found out the folks next door was getting their unit for about $100 cheaper for the same amount of nights although when I booked I was told I was getting the cheapest rates available?????? I would like to go back this fall but am going to look closely at the rates first. The hotel is centrally located so is close to the most popular area attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Billy A, General Manager at Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it greatly! We are working on making updates to our rooms and are in the process of replacing the hotel railings currently. We are glad that you enjoyed our amazing beach front views, free breakfast, and friendly staff. We do offer many discounts throughout the year, give us a call when you would like to visit and mention that you are a returning guest. We will do our very best to make sure you get the best rates available. Fall is a great time to visit our area! We hope to see you then!

Billy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

There are so many party animals that stay at this hotel, the beach area right outside is littered with cigarette butts and bottle caps etc. I felt like my family and I were walking around in an ashtray. Also, for whatever reason..everyone seemed to be intoxicated! I understand that your on vacation but isnt public intoxication against the law?! The pool was decent to look at but upon further inspection., it was one of those "good from a far" but "far from good scenarios". The chairs outside probably havent been cleaned for a long time. they were just nasty!!!!!!The room was icky!! The floors were half way clean and I could just feel the nastiness under my feet.There was a huge glob of a clear sticky surface with long black hairs right in front of the bed and The bathroom was horrendous !!! There was feces running down the front of the toilet and splatters ON THE WALL!!!! This place is Old, shabby, nasty!!! Probably cooties hv cooties in that thing. BUGS! My hubby saw one, I saw one crawling in the bathroom floor! Ugh!!! The elevators were nasty and smelled! The staff was not friendly and that INCLUDES THE MANAGER! I complained numerous times and was made to feel like I was over dramatizing this place! The smoke detector was hanging by a thread of a wire off the wall (which I'm pretty sure is against code) the wall outlets were sketchy and only certain ones worked and only one lamp out of three worked in our room. I want my money back! If you're a family STAY AWAY! Teens party and probably don't give the things I mentioned a second thought because they're too busy partying but if you want a decent room in a decent area. Keep going! I have contacted customer service and I'm waiting on their resolution. I think I may make a call tithe chamber and get feedback on how to report the safety issues and the health dept for the lack of cleanliness !!!!!!! Ps: Did I mention I have pictures?

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

We regret to hear of such a stay at our hotel. We do recognize that we are an older property, however take pride in our property and its cleanliness and are sorry that this took place. We would like to learn more about your stay if you would like to contact us at beourguest@paradisefound.com, we would certainly appreciate it. Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Raceland, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our hotel was located on the beach. I could tell that it is a very busy hotel. The staff were constantly cleaning. Our room was nice. We had a beach view on the bottom floor. The hotel breakfast was OK. It consisted of biscuits, gravy, choices of cereals and muffins or bagels and fruits. I say it was ok, only because the biscuits were cold both mornings we went to eat. The location of the hotel was perfect. We were within 15 minutes of any activity we wanted to do. I will probably stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: When making a reservation, ask if it s possible to get the lowest floor. It made it much easier to a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it greatly. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with Days Inn Panama City Beach, FL! We are glad that you were able to take advantage our our free daily breakfast and will take note of doing a better job to keep the biscuits warmer for our guest. We thank you for choosing Days Inn and hope to see you soon!

Sunny Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Worst place ever! I can't even list all the issues there were sooooo many! I didn't go 24 hours without a major issue including my daughter being shocked by a broken lamp and I had mirror trim fall on me (off of vanity). After my experience here I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN AGAIN! Main office only response was you have to talk to owner....who would not return my calls.....HORRIBLE!...I would enter a zero if sight had that option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please feel free to reach us at beourguest@paradisefound.com.

Muscatine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Everything was good. Great view, great location. When I called to book the room they had a special on business suites making it cheaper to have a room with three queens...a little weird, but not a big deal. Do business travelers really share rooms like that?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Days Inn Beach on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it greatly! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We run numerous specials throughout the year and like to give our guests the best rates possible. If you look at a map we are right in the middle of Panama City Beach, FL and love that we can offer the best location for our guests! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your beach front view. Thanks so very much for your review. We hope to see you again this summer!

Billy

Been to Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front? Share your experiences!