“roaches” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta
“roaches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed there recently. room was clean roaches everywhere towels were dingly pool was very nippricece all it needs is to upgrade and everything would be perfect bed slept good staff was niceprice was good wish they would do a face lift it would be full every day. I really like CASA LOMA

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and your visit. Our goal at the Casa Loma is to meet or exceed our guest expectations and apparently we did not for you. Thank you for the nice things you had to say about hotel and staff, and hopefully you noticed we are in the process of doing a face lift since this past August. The little crawley critters you mention probably were not roaches at all but a
Palmetto big, they are bigger and fly. They have been abundant this year with all the hotels in Florida as all the rain seems to bring them in (if possible). I apologize and hopefully with our renovations you will give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ringgold, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you look closely at the picture of the office you will see the ceiling fans out front are drooping from the salt water and sand. This should be your first clue as to how well they maintain their property. I was there 4 days and for 4 days there were drips of blood going up the main staircase. No one ever cleaned it. There is NO ELEVATOR and the building has 4 levels.
I was so excited when I opened the door and saw that the room looked EXACTLY like the pictures. Nice linens, organized etc then I took my shoes off.
The floors were covered in sand. I understand sand staying on tile floors but this was mounds of sand. The beds are ANCIENT seriously. Look how thin they are in the pic. When I laid down a metal spring hit me in the back. My husband and I were in different beds the first two nights because you had to try really hard to find a "good spot" in the mattress to sleep on. Finally I wanted to take one mattress off and put it on top of the mattress on the other bed. When I lifted it there it was...MOLD!!!!!!!!! Black mold. All over the mattress. I immediately went to the front desk and told them to get me a new mattress! I went to eat and came back and the agent told me the mattress had been changed. I get up to the room and look and all they did was FLIP IT OVER! OH MY GOODNESS!
Bottom line....spend money elsewhere! For that price you can get a condo!

Room Tip: GO to another place: )
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We strive to make every guest's experience a great one and we did not meet your expectations. I am deeply saddened for this and I apologize. I would like to learn more about your experience and what we can do to make this right with you. Please contact me at beourguest@paradisefound.com.\
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed in the high rise big time hotels, I have stayed in the mom and pop low budget places, I have been coming to PCB for 34 years and in all this time I have never found a place like this! I love it here! I am currently staying at the Casa Loma for the weekend, and so far so good! I have read every review and was weary of the experience that we may have, but all I can say is great things for this place! Yea the shower head is a little low and the water fluctuates a little but I dare anyone to find a place in PCB who doesn't have the same issue.... The beach access is the best I have ever seen. The staff is very friendly. Upon check in, I was given directions to every place within the property and even had to go back in for a new parking decal ( a different shift) and the worker was great!
The room is clean, nicely decorated, and very accommodating. I love the way one person referred to this place as "old Florida" SOOOOOO true! No elevator (staff informed me of this upon making the reservations) but God gave us legs to climb! The stairs are not a big deal. The people staying here are real people! Have you ever been somewhere where people are so pretentious that you feel uncomfortable??? NOT THIS PLACE! The view is amazing and I am very pleased with everything. Like another person wrote, I think I have found my Florida home!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks you so much for your Real Review, but most of all thank you for trusting us as your lodging of choice. We are greatly delighted your real review and created some memories for your to share with us at Casa Loma. We hope to be able to see you again and please know we greatly appreciate any opportunity to know what we try to do is working and if not a way to improve ourselves.
Moultrie, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First off let me say this is a 2 star hotel...this hotel reminds me of when I would go to PCB with my parents back in the "70's before condo's and high rises. It is old nostalgic PCB....4 floors on the beach with balconies. 2nd floor is ground floor and 1st floor is pool/beach floor. 3 & 4 floors you will have to walk up the flight of stairs so if you don't want to walk up & downstairs much then 1 & 2 floors are for you. Rooms were very clean and when you needed room service just hang out the sign and they are there within the hour!!! Best service I have ever had and front desk and manager was very helpful with all of our needs!!!! When you pull up it looks run down but once inside it is as the pictures on their website depicts. There is renovations going on but to my understanding they are holding off on them for a few months. This a hotel that is a work in progress. For the value you cannot beat it!!!! I plan to go back every year on my birthday. This is my new place for the beach!!! It is a private beach also....nothing on either side of hotel just empty lots. The motel is on the west end of Front Beach Rd and not in the middle of the action so to say.....but if you want relaxing and not partying this is the place for you...we went on Labor Day weekend and the pool and beach were never crowded.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and to the right of the office.....they play music 10-9pm by the pool end w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your visit to Casa Loma as we greatly appreciated each of our guest and we are here to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We appreciate all your kind remarks of our staff.as we all live here and will gladly let our guest know the local spots to not miss out on. We love the fact you described us as Old Florida Nostalgic, as we are!
old hickory tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I wrote a review in 2004 about when Ivan came through, it was a negative review, but in 05 my friends were all there and talked me into coming back, and we did. since 05 we have stayed at the cosa loma 2- 4 times a year every year since. The people they have more than made up for my first stay. If you are looking for a new flashy high rise condo type room, casa loma is not for you, yea ive stayed in some of those, but always come back to casa loma. but if you are looking for a decent priced and decent place to have a good stay then you need to stay here once. The people are great to deal with and if you have a problem they will take care of it for you. I have not stayed there yet that ive not seen someone that I seen or met there before

Room Tip: if you want quite 1st floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your continued visits to Casa Loma and happy to have our repeat guest and feel as if all of you are part of our family. We greatly appreciate your review as you gave a great description of the benefits of staying with Casa Loma and look forward to many more visits to us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

August 2013 was my third stay at this hotel. They were doing some reinforcing and upgrading of the private balconies. You see, every room has one. The noise of the work was a minor annoyance, but at least I know when I stay the fourth time, that everything will be safe and in order. The room I had was at parking lot level. It was clean, dry, comfortable and I felt completely safe being at the casa loma. The private drive to the entrance, just off the main "strip" helped with the comfort level. This hotel has the easiest and closest access to the beach. And everything you want to do and see is just minutes away. Will I stay at casa loma again? YES!

• Stayed August 2013
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your 5th stay with us here at Casa Loma we greatly appreciate your visits to us here and thanks for noticing the upgrades of the balconies and for tolerating the process.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

went with my parents, children and grandchildren. Had an amazing time. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Room views were amazing. Pool is very clean and loved the 80's music. Not too far from main attractions but in a very private setting.Will def. stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and most of all thank you for your visit to the Casa Loma as we greatly appreciate your visit and comments. Hopefully we can get you back so you can enjoy the wonderful view and sunset again.

Been to Casa Loma Inn? Share your experiences!