“Do not expect the Ritz Carlton!!!!! Old PCB motel personified!!!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Resort   |   13615 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 53 hotels in Panama City Beach
Moultrie, Georgia
“Do not expect the Ritz Carlton!!!!! Old PCB motel personified!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First off let me say this is a 2 star hotel...this hotel reminds me of when I would go to PCB with my parents back in the "70's before condo's and high rises. It is old nostalgic PCB....4 floors on the beach with balconies. 2nd floor is ground floor and 1st floor is pool/beach floor. 3 & 4 floors you will have to walk up the flight of stairs so if you don't want to walk up & downstairs much then 1 & 2 floors are for you. Rooms were very clean and when you needed room service just hang out the sign and they are there within the hour!!! Best service I have ever had and front desk and manager was very helpful with all of our needs!!!! When you pull up it looks run down but once inside it is as the pictures on their website depicts. There is renovations going on but to my understanding they are holding off on them for a few months. This a hotel that is a work in progress. For the value you cannot beat it!!!! I plan to go back every year on my birthday. This is my new place for the beach!!! It is a private beach also....nothing on either side of hotel just empty lots. The motel is on the west end of Front Beach Rd and not in the middle of the action so to say.....but if you want relaxing and not partying this is the place for you...we went on Labor Day weekend and the pool and beach were never crowded.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and to the right of the office.....they play music 10-9pm by the pool end w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your visit to Casa Loma as we greatly appreciated each of our guest and we are here to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We appreciate all your kind remarks of our staff.as we all live here and will gladly let our guest know the local spots to not miss out on. We love the fact you described us as Old Florida Nostalgic, as we are!

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
old hickory tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I wrote a review in 2004 about when Ivan came through, it was a negative review, but in 05 my friends were all there and talked me into coming back, and we did. since 05 we have stayed at the cosa loma 2- 4 times a year every year since. The people they have more than made up for my first stay. If you are looking for a new flashy high rise condo type room, casa loma is not for you, yea ive stayed in some of those, but always come back to casa loma. but if you are looking for a decent priced and decent place to have a good stay then you need to stay here once. The people are great to deal with and if you have a problem they will take care of it for you. I have not stayed there yet that ive not seen someone that I seen or met there before

Room Tip: if you want quite 1st floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your continued visits to Casa Loma and happy to have our repeat guest and feel as if all of you are part of our family. We greatly appreciate your review as you gave a great description of the benefits of staying with Casa Loma and look forward to many more visits to us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

August 2013 was my third stay at this hotel. They were doing some reinforcing and upgrading of the private balconies. You see, every room has one. The noise of the work was a minor annoyance, but at least I know when I stay the fourth time, that everything will be safe and in order. The room I had was at parking lot level. It was clean, dry, comfortable and I felt completely safe being at the casa loma. The private drive to the entrance, just off the main "strip" helped with the comfort level. This hotel has the easiest and closest access to the beach. And everything you want to do and see is just minutes away. Will I stay at casa loma again? YES!

• Stayed August 2013
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your 5th stay with us here at Casa Loma we greatly appreciate your visits to us here and thanks for noticing the upgrades of the balconies and for tolerating the process.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

went with my parents, children and grandchildren. Had an amazing time. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. Room views were amazing. Pool is very clean and loved the 80's music. Not too far from main attractions but in a very private setting.Will def. stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and most of all thank you for your visit to the Casa Loma as we greatly appreciate your visit and comments. Hopefully we can get you back so you can enjoy the wonderful view and sunset again.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just got back from our stay at Casa Loma. The hotel was cheap and cheerful. The room was clean and have its own balcony with a lovely view of the beach and ocean. The hotel has free parking and the location is great. For the money, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Every room faces the beach/ocean and has its own balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your review but most of all for taking the chance to visit us. I responded on 9/5 but does not show as I responded so let me apologize for the error of not a prompt reply and thank you for your visit. We hope to have you again!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Reviews for this place are all over the board. We decided to see for ourselves. First, the location is on a curve where Front Beach Road meets with Hutchison Blvd. Yes, parking is limited. Once you see the location, you’ll understand why. But don’t let that stop you. We arrived early (shortly after 3pm) and were greeted with a smile Our room was ready and we were given immediate access to Rm 301. It was on the east end of the building. The view of the ocean and sunset were phenomenal. It was reason enough to stay here. Our room was clean and neatly organized. What you have to realize is that this is a BEACHFRONT hotel. It gets all of the abuse of salty air, guests tracking and shaking sand everywhere, and wet bodies. Yes, some things are dated, but I can stand a little chipped paint here and there if I get a clean, comfortable room at a good rate. That’s one thing that this place delivers completely! Super friendly folks that were willing to offer suggestions on the best restaurants and secret spots. Our room was serviced daily and far exceeded our expectations. As far as I’m concerned, this is my home when I come to Panama City Beach. Thanks to all for a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your recent visit to Casa Loma. I apologize for not showing a prompt reply and thank you but when I checked today is showed I had not thanked you for the visit and the review. I did respond on 9/7 but here is another thank you from Casa Loma.
Locust Grove, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just got back from our stay at the Casa Loma. It was great and we loved it. The room was great , the pool area was very nice and well kept, the view from our room was fantastic and it was right on the beach. It was highly advised to us by a friend and I would highly advise it to others also. We plan on going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
greatgrandmother2, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Casa Loma and only wish we could ask
more of our guest to do the same as anyone with one single issue will readily post so hopefully
our guest who have memories to share will continue to post as we encourage each and every review and we try to answer each one. Again thank you for your visit and we value our
customer's business.

Been to Casa Loma Inn? Share your experiences!