“Thunder Beach 2009” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Origin at Seahaven

You added Origin at Seahaven to your Saves list
Origin at Seahaven
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   15100 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
georgiapeach5581
“Thunder Beach 2009”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Worse Hotel stay ever great location but OMG would have rather camped out on the beach in a tent or even on my bike.. Beds broken, bleach soaked towels all over the room couldnt get clean sheets on our beds fridge doors would not stay closed and when you complain nobody ever seems to remember weeds taller then me 5'6" going to the beach Employees are not helpful what so ever paid a lot of money to stay on the beach and WoW what a crappy hotel I have ever stayed in my life. Sharkys next door that sucked to only good thing about either is the beach but would like to see some improvement and dont expect to get any help from either.

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
MONTGOMERY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Seahaven one night during Thunder Beach. The rooms were great, the staff was nice but there needs to be another parking deck built. And there's no arrows in the parking deck directing you ANYWHERE. There's only two elevators in this building also. There was always a ten foot long line waiting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The staff has always been rude here, but I loved the place so much in 08 that I booked again for my 09 trip. What a mistake...they rented to spring breakers and the place was filthy! My 2 bedroom condo balconies had hundreds of pieces of gum stuck everywhere, weeds growing tall along anywhere there was a bit of dirt (lots of dirt too), cigarette butts everywhere, purple markings on the concrete dividers, broken glass, I had to wear socks inside as the carpeting was so filthy and stained it blackened your feet. Inside a chair was broken and strange long hairs in the bathroom corners. After we checked out I asked my husband for the bill....what a joke! I deposited $235.64 back in Sept. and they only credited me $210.00. They promised stay 3 nights get the fourth free....all nights we on the bill and worse they jacked the bill up from $189.00 per night to $219.00 per night Thurs, Fri and Sat. When I asked them about it all, the tattoed gitterly findernail painted "girl" at the front desk finally agreed it needed to be looked at and left to a back room. When she returned she said someone would call me at home to talk about and they couldn't do it right now. I have absolutely no expectations of a phone call, so I asked for whomever was saying they couldn't come talk to me for their number. I did get it...we shall see if it works. I will not be back there. I've already reserved a place for this fall that is CLEAN and has a beautiful beach/pool area

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Origin is an extremely nice condo and is brand new. The reviewer below must have been referring to a different property because this building was built new around 2007...I watched it going up on our trips:-) Anyway, we rented from the owner through VRBO and can't comment on the reservation/check-in folks, but the units are beautiful. There are a wide array of views ranging from zilch to awesome depending on location in the building, so keep this in mind when reserving and be sure you know what you are getting. We had a true 1BR (some are just efficiencies) and it was spacious and beautifully furnished with balcony overlooking the gulf. Everything is upscale and new. The pool was great and the gulf views from it are awesome too. Sharky's is right across the street and there is exclusive beach access next door to it. All of this being said, do keep in mind that this condo is not on the beach...it is across the street and there is no "cat-walk". We never had any trouble crossing as there is a crosswalk, but I can see where in the Summer getting across with kids and all their "stuff" could be a nuisance. There are no tall buildings across the street, so views on about the 4th floor and up are unobstructed (if unit is facing the gulf). If the price is right and you are sure what you are booking (VRBO, etc), this is certainly a good option to higher priced beachfront buildings with all of the new condo luxury and relatively easy access. Depending on rates being much lower than the true beachfront buildings, I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

Sad to say: Location is good but the hotel is run down. They are in the process of switching into condo. The problem was that is an old hotel that seems a bit covered up with a slight face lift.

The staff at the front desk it's to used to raudy Spring Breakers that they don't show much respect to their guests.

Internet gets interrupted all the time. Weak signal or no signal.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Do not stay here.

I stayed here with 4 friends for spring break. Upon arrival, we discovered that our room only had sleeping for 4, and we paid for 5. To get an air mattress was another fee, even though the mistake was their fault. The document we signed at check-in said we would receive a mid-week room cleaning, for which the hotel would keep $50 of the $500 deposit we put down the first day. We never received this room cleaning. When we explained this to the manager at the end of the week, she said they do not clean the rooms during spring break. I showed her the document I signed that said our rooms would be cleaned, and she said the policy had been changed mid-week and that money would not be refunded us, and was instead being kept as a "registration fee".

The supposed "free wireless internet" did not work whatsoever and none of the employees could help us or explain why. Also, the hotel movie theater was closed all week. We asked 3 different front-desk employees why and none of them knew. Overall, the employees at the Origin were completely unknowledgeable about the hotel and the local area. Really, really unhelpful. Though our group was completely respectful to the employees and followed the hotel rules, we were treated rudely. I understand that some spring-breakers had caused damage to the hotel, but that does not give the employees the right to treat every vacationer rudely.

The best thing I can say about the Origin is that the building is nice. But I would have rather stayed at a Motel 6 than at the Origin. Poor treatment, unhelpful employees, hidden fees -- skip the Origin and save your vacation.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

I recently stayed at Origin at Seahaven for 2 nights with my daughter during spring break. Never again. The hotel was wonderful and the staff should get paid double for all of the disgusting,rude and destructive things the spring breakers do during their vacation. The Spring breakers are charged a $500 refundable charge for any damage that they do to their room. The problem is they for some reason think "I wont destroy my room cause I'll get charged so I'll destroy the hallway and the stairwells" Holes were punched in hallways, room numbers ripped off of wall and garbage just littered the stairwell. The hotel hired security for the pool area and they were wonderful but can only do so much. Our room was great and the staff was great and pleasant. I dont know how they kept their cool when rude 18-23yr olds spoke to them. I would definately stay here again but I would never go back during spring break.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Origin at Seahaven? Share your experiences!