“1st visit EXCELLENT, not so much this time” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
“1st visit EXCELLENT, not so much this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our first visit was in Feb. 2013; I was so impressed I immediately said I'll be coming back for sure. The food was great- had she crab soup, strongly recommend, crab cakes, also wonderful, the filet mignon, and husband had steak. Our waitor was very attentive and informative, asked if it was our first visit, and was very friendly. The food was great, yes it cost more but it was worth it. I left with such a great impression I boast to my mom and talked her in to taking my dad there for his b-day in March. We returned in March and boy was I in for a suprise. We were seated at a table to the right along the wall, my chairs bottom sunk in and i asked the waitor for another he said I'll b with u in a moment...I got my own chair from another table needless to say. Took forever to order, our waitor was m.i.a most of the night, i was getting very aggravated because of slow BAD service... the food was good, atmosphere was NOISY, we spent a couple hundred dollars which was decent , but our waitor was so bad it made me not want to come again. And the thing that got me the most was I left a tip that I thought he deserved and he actually followed us to the door almost, wanting more money. Dead serious, that ticked me off even more. You totally failed at ur job and u want more pay? I'm thinking about going again in Oct for our anniversary because the food is so good, but if we have service like the previous time we will NEVER go again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Unique setting, great service and amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sitting under the lighted tree made such a special and romantic atmosphere. Everyone was very kind and professional. The waiter was very personable and helped with wine suggestions. Our meals did not take too long to be served and both presented VERY well. My husband had the Cajun pasta which he said was amazing! I tried the pepper crusted stuffed filet and it looked as great as it tasted! Loved the mix of flavors. We both had our own dessert - Triple Chocolate Bombe and the Bread Pudding. They had a Mocha flavored bread pudding which was very different but excellent.

The entire experience was wonderful. If it wasn't so expensive (but worth the price completely) we would have gone back again during our vacation.

• Visited August 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Our favorite local place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been here several times now and just took my wife there for our first date night since she moved here. The venue is very nice, the menu is complete, the wine selection is solid, and the service is always right on. We've never gotten past the appetizers to a full entrée because they have such a tasty selection of starters, including sushi! We had two sushi rolls along with a crab cake and "she crab" soup the last time we visited and it was all good, but the "she crab" soup was way over the top - just fabulous. My wife is a wonderful cook, so our standard for restaurant meals is to find something delicious that she could not "easily" replicate, and Firefly covered that with the soup and sushi.

The gents behind the bar are always nice, friendly and professional.

It is perhaps a little pricey, but Firefly has set itself apart from other restaurants by a good margin, and the prices rightfully reflect that. We'll still continue shopping around for new places to eat, but this is now our special date night restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robinson, Illinois
“Great anniversary dinner...as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Love eating here every trip to PCB...great for a date night, but we also took our 9 yr old over Valentines Day and she loved it! Great drinks, amazing food, super friendly staff!!!

• Visited July 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“A tad pricy but not unreasonable. Great food. Very special experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to Firefly for the 6 month anniversary of my boyfriend and I. I had never been to PCB before nor did I know anything about the restaurants. I chose at random and reserved my table here. Right from the start I was in heaven. The restaurant is cozy yet elegant and everyone was very friendly. The food, although on the pricey side, is fairly reasonably priceduntil you try it. There is no price for a taste so good. The crab en croute and she crab soup were outstanding. we even got to sit next to the tree in the center of the dining area. Even though it was fake it didn't feel fake and it transported me to another place. That kind of feeling isnecessary for a guy who never gets to vacation. As a southern boy I tried the chicken and waffles period it was so good.our server was very helpful, friendly and went out of his way to see that everything went well.I've been to pricier restaurants and wasn't treated this well before.whenever I visit I will always make sure to stop by this restaurant and I suggest you do too

• Visited September 2013