“Superb seafood, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon.com's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef Paul Stellato was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Birmingham, Alabama
“Superb seafood, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent food...the andouille crusted grouper was amazing, the sushi was excellent, the butter lettuce salad with fresh strawberries, candied pecans, warm goat cheese, and butter pecan dressing was outstanding as was the She Crab soup...The cocktail list was impressive and all well-crafted. I highly recommend this restaurant for your next trip to PCB!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“A "Nice" dinner at the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our second visit to Firefly and we came back because the food and service were great on our previous visit. We were just as delighted the second time around. We vacation in PCB during "Thunder Beach" and were looking for a little break from the noise. Firefly is an intimate fine dining experience in an area that caters to much more casual dining. Our waiter was helpful in suggesting items on the menu. My husband ordered the exact same dinner as the last visit because he loved it so much.
We will be back next year for another "Nice" dinner!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wonderful Anniversary dinner! May 1st,2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I decided to head to PC beach to relax and enjoy our third wedding anniversary. Our biggest concern was the lack of restaurants that might be suitable for a special occasion. After reading reviews for restaurants, we decided on firefly. When we arrived we were taken straight to our table (right next to the tree) and seated. Our waiter volunteered to take some photos of us before we ate dinner. Everything about our dinner was perfection! My husband had mentioned on our reservation that it was our Anniversary (which normally unless you actually call prior...no one pays attention to that). We ordered a glass of icewine for after dinner and the waiter brought us a complementary dessert with the words Happy Anniversary written on the plate. I would highly recommend Firefly to anyone visiting PC beach. It exceeded our expectations.

Andalusia, AL
“I won't be going back!!! EVER!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a reservation for 9:20. We arrived early enough to have a cocktail and at that hour I'm hungry, not in a good way! We waited until after 10:00 to be seated. I was HOT! By then as you would imagine. The restaurant was not busy so that made me even more ill. The waiter talked me into the crab cake app. It was mediocre at best. Don't do it. The chef apparently cooked a important meal at The Olympics so we ordered that which was grouper with a potato haystack on top. It also had a buttery corn reduction on it. It was rich and it made me sick. Sorry! The piece of fish was beautiful however it was just over worked. I had heard good things and I HATED IT!!! Rod wasn't impressed either. I hated no I said that! Yup not going there again. ) :

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clarkston, Michigan
“Fantastic Food, Service OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Seven of us had dinner here and everyone loved the food. It is a very nice place. Very relaxing.

It is not on beach, but that does not matter. it is a restaurant that you go to to enjoy the food and relax.

Great palce to take a date or wife.

Again, all the food was the best. My only reason I did not give this restaurant an excellent was our server was slow. She was not bad, but at this restaurant you do not expect to wait so long for your drinks to arrive. She was just too slow at these prices.

The scallops are too die for, try them.

I will be returning.