“Steak, Seafood, Sushi, Service Great” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, Urbanspoon.com's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Chef Paul Stellato was one of eight Chefs selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Austin, Texas
“Steak, Seafood, Sushi, Service Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Flight was late and relied on Trip Advisory for a dinner suggestion in Panama City Beach since we were too late for our reservations in Destin. The reviewers again helped me make a pleasant and tasty restaurant selection. My husband and I started with the Crab and Tuna Tower from the sushi menu, very fresh and flavorful. Next, we had the She Crab Soup, very rich, with a puff pastry, a must order if you dine there. That particular night Firefly offered a fantastic filet cooked to perfection with crab. The Caesar Salad (with Crab) was excellent. If you are thinking crab, they do it well. They had an extensive wine and martini list. I found the building exterior deceiving. It seemed uninteresting and was located in somewhat of a strip mall. The entrance was warm and inviting and the dining room was interesting, tree in center, elevated side tables, and kitchen in view. It’s nice, great service.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Tucked away in strip mall but awesome on the inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I pulled up to Firefly on New Years Eve with friends I was a little worried since it was in a strip mall, but I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The atmosphere is great and we were quickly seated for our reservation.

Our server was great as were the drinks. My filet was cooked perfectly even though the restaurant was bustling and a great time was had by the whole group.

• Visited January 2013
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“New Years Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Don't let the outside fool you (in a strip mall) this place is cool inside.
Get the "She Crab Soup" its the best and what a value $7.00 a bowl
Wife had shrimp and grits - had red eye gravy on it
I went caveman with the Boar Shank - bone in -
Nice bottle of wine and Cream Brulee rounded out the meal.
Our waiter Michael made it a great new years eve meal - we will be back

Visited December 2012
Indian River, Michigan
“Not your everyday strip mall restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Every year, my future wife (lady friend sounds corny) and I, who share the same birthdate, try to celebrate with a nice dinner at a special place. Last year it was Bombay Club in New Orleans and this year we decided to try the Firefly in Panama City Beach. Everything you read in previous positive reviews is right on. The She Crab soup is wonderful and I highly recommend you try it. As expected, our entrees were delicious and presented beautifully. I wish I could afford to eat like this more often, but I am not usually a fine dinning customer, unless for special occasions. The Firefly does off a early special, which is the same quality, but I think different menu choices - this wasn't a early bird special kind of night.

Our server, who I think was Maurice or Murray, did an excellent job. I liked the fact that he was more mature, took his job seriously, and you didn't have the feeling he was there working his way through college or until something better came along. He wasn't stuffy as you might expect for a place like this and just friendly and flip enough, but not overboard. We were also impressed when the manager (?) came by to make sure we were pleased with everything so far. Nice touch and you feel that they really do care you are pleased. I was also very impressed with our bus person, who I do remember, was Josh. Another example of caring about your job and position. He kept a watchful eye on our table, at a distance and was there if we needed assistance. As it was, he saw me looking around and came to the table and asked if I needed him to get Maurice, which I did.

My complements to the Firefly and especially the quality and attitude of their employees.

• Visited December 2012
“Spectacular meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We went here recently on a date night while in PCB visiting family. This was an amazing dining experience overall. The ambiance was very nice. The she crab soup was so delicious and the grouper was amazing. Best meal I've had in a long time!