“Pleasantly surprised with this fabulous hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palmetto Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Palmetto Inn & Suites
You added Palmetto Inn & Suites to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   17255 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413   |
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised with this fabulous hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I picked this hotel because it was rated #1 in Panama City Beach by TirpAdvisor and I wasn't disappointed. I was in the east corner queen motel room on the top floor, oceanside, which was a unexpected treat because I had an extra window with a view to the east. The balcony was small but plenty of room for 2 or 3 to sit and enjoy the ocean view comfortably. It was what I considered in the unpopulated section of the beach, far enough away from Pier Park to get away from the crowds yet close enough to go there every day for dining, shopping and nightlife. Parking is plentiful and I parked in the overflow parking area most of the time which was not a big deal and within walking distance right across the street. There is no restaurant but plenty of those around plus a grocery store across the street and a fridge and microwave in the room. They have a snack bar but it is really only good for snow cones and ice cream bars. Other frozen foods they can heat up or pre-packaged snacks but you are better off going to the grocery store and picking up what you want. The vending machine wasn't anything to be impressed with. We didn't check out the game room or fitness center. Next time I would consider paying the extra for a suite. The beds were uncomfortable, that would be my only complaint although I did sleep a little better the 2nd night. Poolside is great with plenty of chairs, 2 gazebos with grills for cookouts, a hot tub, easy access to the beach, chairs and umbrellas for rent on the beach which is well worth the money if you plan to spend the entire day on the beach like we did. You can also go parasailing or banana boating. Pier Park is great and there is a nighclub called Tootsies that had a great live band. It's a country bar and I'm not a fan but had a blast at this place. If you are going to Panama City Beach and don't need the frills of a Ritz Carlton and want to stay on the beach, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Oakland City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family traveled to Pamana City for the first time in Sept '09. At that time our children were 4 and 21months. The room was wonderful with the kitchen and living area. My husband and I could put the kids to bed and close the door seperating the rooms to watch tv. The hotel was very quiet and the beach was not crowded. The beach was very clean. The pool area was excellent for our kids as well. The hotel also offered 2 covered patios that we were able to eat our dinner under while watching the boats, etc. The price for the room compared to others in the area was VERY reasonable. There were no "on-site" restaraunts, but there were several in the area to choose from. We will definitely be returning to Palmetto on our next trip to Panama City.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My daughter and I took an impromptu trip and stopped here first based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The rooms was roomy, ocean front with balcony. The staff was friendly and attentive. Rates were fair. The water, beach, and weather were perfect. It was a great experience. This a family run hotel that reminds me of the way the beach was as a child. Highly recommend this hotel.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Well the family and I just got back from Panama City Bch. Once again the media is sooo wrong. They need to stop including the whole Gulf coast in thier reports about the oil because we were right on the beach and it was just beautiful, as usual. NO oil, NO smell of oil and NO tar balls at all. So if you have any plans to go to the Gulf coast, Go for it. I totally suggest that you stay at The Palmetto Inn and Suites. Beautiful rooms, great pool area and a wonderful staff. Check it out on thier website www.palmettomotel.com you won't be sorry!!

Odense, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Very nice hotel at Panama City Beach, We had a queen waterfront room with a kitchenette and we enjoy the stay, view, beach and room very much in the 5 nigths we stayed. Nice comfy beds big enough for 2 persons, nice kitchen with appliances, kind ployes. We will highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We recently returned from our second stay at the Palmetto Inn in Panama City. It is a great place to stay: the people who work there are really nice, the rooms are clean, and the view from the private balconies is great! While there were "walkers" there, checking for oil, the beach was really beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Plantersville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

First off I have not stayed here before. I was trying to book a vacation here and I got a run around, I was turned off by the people answering the phone. They were rude and when I requesed to speak to a manager, THE OWNER called me back and she was very rude, and that just turned me away. And when I called about the rates I was told three different prices, by three different people. Not very proffesional at all. So I booked some where else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palmetto Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!