“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Grove

You added Palm Grove to your Saves list
Palm Grove
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   14513 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Peek's Motel)   |
Ranked #41 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Peek's Motel is now Palm Grove Motel taken over recently by SeaHaven. The room we had was oceanview/oceanfront, but the smell was horrible and the roaches were visible. The previous people had left a sea creature in the room and when you walked in, the smell was still there. Their solution to the smell, they gave us deodorizer to spray. Why they would even let someone else rent the room is beyond me. Thankfully they were gracious enough to offer us another room at another of their hotels, but it was a smoking room. They refunded us our money, but it was not acceptable at all.

Room Tip: Just go to Destin, beach is prettier and hotels are nicer!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Midland City, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a terrible place to stay. the hot water heater fried and water was all over the floor and the air conditioner in one of the rooms leaked and smelt awful!! No room service what so ever and no hot water from the day we checked in til we left! The floor was nasty and left your feet black! Worst stay in pcb yet! I would not recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Palm Grove is probably a partner of Seahaven Beach Hotel. If Seahaven ever send you to Palm Grove motel because of no vacancies, you better run like hell. This place, Palm Grove, is nowhere near a hotel standard. Here is my detail description:
1. The bathroom is narrow, dirty, improper upkeep.
2. The Floor is wet, black, and musty smell
3. The bed is uneven, unclean sheet, and roach infestation
4. T.V and furniture are probably salvage from Good Will or something.
5. The fridge has used up or expire food smell, and does not keep the food cool.

If you ever heard of "Palm Grove motel", don't even consider staying at this place. You can stay at your own risk. We were the unlucky group to stay at this place for one night but never ever ever again return to this place. Mark my words people...STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Odenville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I really liked this motel... It had it's downfalls but they all do.... I like the privcy and I love the pools.... the kiddy pool was shaddy for the little ones. Our room was nice and clean! I did not like the air though, it was loud and didn't cool as well as I would have hoped... but I could live with that. We also had to get our own towels and had no phone in our room to call the office.... but again liveable! I really loved our stay there and would recommend it to everyone! The rooms with the kitchen (which we had) was alot nicer for only $10.00 more a night! I loved that it was easy access to the beach, and shopping is accross the road! If we ever go back to pcb I will be staying here!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms with two bed divided by kitchen is alot nicer then the standard rooms for $10.00 more a night...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Peeks Motel the first week of March 2012. They requested a $250 CASH deposit for security of room. At the end of our stay all checked out great and we were told that we would get a refund of $225 and it would be in my account within 5-7 days. We have contacted them on numerous occasions. They have never returned one call and to date (6/1/12) we have not received the CASH deposit. I have since understood that is a constant practice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dothan, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We got a room on one day notice. The staff were very nice. There was easy access to the beach. It looked like it could be really nice if fixed up. But the room was just really old and had no amenities at all - not even a remote for the tiny TV. I imagine it would be a room for a party-goer who's too drunk care. For us it served it's purpose as a place to put our things, shower and sleep a few hours before going to the beach. It was not very clean, but I wasn't afraid to use the bed and shower. It was adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: They said they do not specify smoking or non smoking but the room smelled good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Rooms clean, looks of the motel remind me of PCB when I was a kid!!! I love it!!! Don't like the "Big condo's that is everywhere!!! We took our kids and they had a blast!!! The staff was awesome!!! Amanda was more than helpful she helped make our stay great!!! She took our reservation over a month before we come, she was also there when we checked in and gave us the room that we wanted!! We have no reason to ever go anywhere else!!! Thanks Amanda and Peek's!!!

Room Tip: Only 2 floors all rooms beach and pool front are great!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palm Grove? Share your experiences!