“BEWARE - Did not refund security deposit of $250” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Grove

Save Saved
You added Palm Grove to your Saves list
Palm Grove
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   14513 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Peek's Motel)   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“BEWARE - Did not refund security deposit of $250”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Peeks Motel the first week of March 2012. They requested a $250 CASH deposit for security of room. At the end of our stay all checked out great and we were told that we would get a refund of $225 and it would be in my account within 5-7 days. We have contacted them on numerous occasions. They have never returned one call and to date (6/1/12) we have not received the CASH deposit. I have since understood that is a constant practice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dothan, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We got a room on one day notice. The staff were very nice. There was easy access to the beach. It looked like it could be really nice if fixed up. But the room was just really old and had no amenities at all - not even a remote for the tiny TV. I imagine it would be a room for a party-goer who's too drunk care. For us it served it's purpose as a place to put our things, shower and sleep a few hours before going to the beach. It was not very clean, but I wasn't afraid to use the bed and shower. It was adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: They said they do not specify smoking or non smoking but the room smelled good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Rooms clean, looks of the motel remind me of PCB when I was a kid!!! I love it!!! Don't like the "Big condo's that is everywhere!!! We took our kids and they had a blast!!! The staff was awesome!!! Amanda was more than helpful she helped make our stay great!!! She took our reservation over a month before we come, she was also there when we checked in and gave us the room that we wanted!! We have no reason to ever go anywhere else!!! Thanks Amanda and Peek's!!!

Room Tip: Only 2 floors all rooms beach and pool front are great!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Biloxi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at Peek's. At first we were kinda ify about it but we got in the room and it was old but very clean. Amanda at the front desk was very helpful. We were there for several days. the housekeeping staff was also very friendly.(Melissa). We really enjoyed our stay and we will return again next year. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

You have to know what you are getting into. My standards for my family are the room must not have roaches or bed bugs. It has to be secure. I have to say that it is common sense that you get what you pay for. Peeks Motel is an inexpensive place to stay that is definitely older than most other motels/hotels on Front Beach. It is cheap yet bug free. My family arrived on Sunday night with reservations for the week. It was late when we got there and my 13 yr old daughter was tired and scared and did not want to stay at Peeks. (motel phobia) My 11, 14, and 15 yo's had already run out onto the beach in the dark to see the ocean and could care less that it was a motel and not a hotel. It was 11pm and a local fisherman had caught a baby shark that night and they were excited to see it and start spring break. We went to look at the room. It was 2 rooms, 3 beds, and a kitchen for $119 a night. Old facilities but clean. The night clerk was nice and there was visible security on-site. (I found out later that they have a local bonded security company do the work.) It was dark and we were all tired. I made the choice to get a different room for just that night to give my daughter peace of mind. I was lucky that they had not run my card yet so they did not charge me for the last minute cancellation. After getting rest and being 5 miles from the beach everyone agreed to go back to Peeks the next day. We chose beach access rather than have a newer room.When we came back we got a smaller room. One room, kitchen, two beds, and we used an inflatable twin mattress.($89 per night) Our room was literally four steps from the pool. My son (11) who fears the beach loved it. I loved that I could stay in AC and still watch him. The wall ac unit worked well. There was a newer microwave, an old stove, and full sized fridge. The pool was clean and quiet for the most part. The older spring breakers had no interest in the pool. They stayed on the beach or the balconys outside of their rooms. It was noisy at night with drunk kids but after midnight security stayed on top of keeping everyone civil. It was PCB during spring break it's going to be a bit wild. If you have OCD you should not stay here. There are many issues you could point out. The fridge wasn't spotlessly clean, the toilet stopped up easily, the tv was fuzzy on certain channels. The positive: Every staff member that I dealt with was nothing but friendly and accommodating, fresh towels every morning, clean pool, quick clean access to the beach.

Room Tip: We were in room 7101. No carpet only tile on the floor but when you see the access to the pool it ma...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Upon arriving at Peeks my group was a little scared about what we had gotten into but once we went in to meet the staff and seeing the Penthouse that we ended up staying in i couldnt have been happier with our vacation. when we originally got our room keys they had mixed us up with another reservation which i thought could be a problem due to the fact that it was on spring break weeks. but upon talking to the manager, Shawn, he quickly relocated us into their penthouse for the week and apologized for everything. the maids were extremely friendly and very understanding. plus its a small place with no elevators and everyone has their own door, not to mention its rite on the beach, i would definitely recommend this place to anyone on a cheap budget, looking for a fun place to stay. Also, the funland arcade, right across the road has amazingly cheap, good food. we have been back for two weeks now and me and my friends are still talking about the food.

Room Tip: Their one and only Penthouse on the 3rd floor is the only way to go.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Alexander City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I first went in the PEEKS office in mid july 2011 While we were on a 4 night stay up the road in the majestic in.Which I'll just say was very un satifactery!! & cost us a chunk of change! we was having shirts made & I walked over to Peeks & checked it out.I fell in love with it's charm & location!! So in August we went back to pc for a seven night stay @ peeks.Room was ready & we got to check in early.I found just this>>>A hotel that was built in 1953, clean room clean pool,a kitcnen that you could prepair moest any meal in.Picnic tabels & BBQ grills & the clerk told me that if I needed a tabel or grill & did'nt have 1 that 1 of the staff would help me get 1.& when you look @ their site Pict's, The funland arcade across the street has a full menue resteraunt,soft serve or hand diped ice cream & you can get a 16oz glass of draft beer for a $. So to sum it up if yo're a picky type person that dont care what kind of $ you spend You mite want to look futher. But if you want a good cheap place to stay & dont mind a few imperfections such a paint chip or 2,a mis match light here & there or going to get your own towels. You are gonna love this place!!! Rember this is a multi,Generation American family owen Motel.I met the owner during my stay. Very nice fellow!! & he is keeping his price's very afordable.I myself want to help him keep this land mark going!!!

Room Tip: If you look @ their site photos, there are 2 rooms that the sliding doors in the back open up to the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Grove? Share your experiences!