You have to know what you are getting into. My standards for my family are the room must not have roaches or bed bugs. It has to be secure. I have to say that it is common sense that you get what you pay for. Peeks Motel is an inexpensive place to stay that is definitely older than most other motels/hotels on Front Beach. It is cheap yet bug free. My family arrived on Sunday night with reservations for the week. It was late when we got there and my 13 yr old daughter was tired and scared and did not want to stay at Peeks. (motel phobia) My 11, 14, and 15 yo's had already run out onto the beach in the dark to see the ocean and could care less that it was a motel and not a hotel. It was 11pm and a local fisherman had caught a baby shark that night and they were excited to see it and start spring break. We went to look at the room. It was 2 rooms, 3 beds, and a kitchen for $119 a night. Old facilities but clean. The night clerk was nice and there was visible security on-site. (I found out later that they have a local bonded security company do the work.) It was dark and we were all tired. I made the choice to get a different room for just that night to give my daughter peace of mind. I was lucky that they had not run my card yet so they did not charge me for the last minute cancellation. After getting rest and being 5 miles from the beach everyone agreed to go back to Peeks the next day. We chose beach access rather than have a newer room.When we came back we got a smaller room. One room, kitchen, two beds, and we used an inflatable twin mattress.($89 per night) Our room was literally four steps from the pool. My son (11) who fears the beach loved it. I loved that I could stay in AC and still watch him. The wall ac unit worked well. There was a newer microwave, an old stove, and full sized fridge. The pool was clean and quiet for the most part. The older spring breakers had no interest in the pool. They stayed on the beach or the balconys outside of their rooms. It was noisy at night with drunk kids but after midnight security stayed on top of keeping everyone civil. It was PCB during spring break it's going to be a bit wild. If you have OCD you should not stay here. There are many issues you could point out. The fridge wasn't spotlessly clean, the toilet stopped up easily, the tv was fuzzy on certain channels. The positive: Every staff member that I dealt with was nothing but friendly and accommodating, fresh towels every morning, clean pool, quick clean access to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherished by guests for decades as Peeks Motel, recently renamed Palm Grove. Palm Grove offers no-nonsense accommodations directly on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. And at a price that will actually allow you to enjoy your stay while experiencing all the food, fun and entertainment Panama City Beach provides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Palm Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peek`s Hotel Panama City Beach
- Peeks Hotel Panama City Beach
- Peeks Motel Panama City Beach