“poor unit” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   6201 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL   |
Lindsay, Canada
“poor unit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed in unit 810,fridge leaked for second year,complained last year,nothing done,rented through Oaseas resorts and person that checked us in was rude because it was her first day of her holiday,manager of building objected to washing your vehicle and had hoses taken away while we were staying there,won't be back!!!!!! Oaseas resorts just passes the buck and do not care about guests, unit problems and don't care if you are satisfied or not!!!!! We stayed 3 months 2 years in a row and 2011-2012 was a just terrible,plus $20 dollar deposit for mail box key,then a parking pass and don't forget to display it or you will be wrote up garanteed.
Lots of other accomodations in area to rent from,we stayed here from Dec 14th 2011 until March 14th 2012,after taking hoses away they proceeded to pressure wash whole outside of building!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't rent an end unit with rap-around balcony as the railings rattle very loudly in the wind an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011 via mobile

We've stayed at the watercrest several times and always had good experiences there. Our stay last year was last year was good but kind of creepy. I cannot remember the unit # we were in but we had some creepy experiences there. The bathroom door opening and slamming shut by itself and weird whispers waking us at night. Anyone else ever have anything like this happen at the Watercrest?

• Stayed November 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

First let me say, that we LOVE watercrest and always stay here, and the last few years we have used Oases rental (currently in the bldg) They are nice but don't really care about your complaints.. lots of passing the buck along.. Last year we stayed in a 3br UPDATED room loved it! This year we weren't so lucky and got put in the 3br unit 1207.... so Nasty and hasn't been touched since the 80's... We were missing so many basics, didn't have a kitchen wash cloth or sponge, no broom for the entire tile floor unit!~ not enough towels.. Blankets and comforter gross... our feet after walking around for 5 min.. pitch black super gross!!! we all wore our shoes the enitre time we were in the unit... had to go buy a coffee pot that worked, pans that had handles that attached.. The pull out bed/couch that my 10 yr son slept on was awful, there is NOWAY an adult could ever sleep on that, the entire middle section was touching the floor.. he ended up just sleeping on the couch not pulled out.

Luckily we only had plans to eat breakfast and lunch in unit.. If we thought we would be able to eat dinner no way.. We are not fussy people and only expect it to be CLEAN for a $125 cleaning fee my kids could clean better than they do.. All surface cleaning, don't even look under the beds. It did not ruin our trip by any means, we could not switch units b/c they said "that was all that was left" true I don't know?
I can't believe I read a review that said this unit was excellent! they must not mind flith and the red roof in is a step up.
We will return b/c we love watercrest for so many other reasons but will NEVER stay in that unit again unless it gets a major make over!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Franklin Springs, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Condo:

I read another review of condo #901 and how wonderful it was so this is where we stayed. This place is a corner unit so it has a balcony that faces the gulf, wraps around the corner and goes all the way back to the master bedroom. There are no tall buildings beside it, so even the side view goes on and on. Gulf on one side and the bay is viewable on the other. The second bedroom also has it's own balcony on the front of the unit. Everything was very comfortable and spacious. The unit had a washer and dryer, garbage disposal, side-by-side refrigerator, microwave, and range and lots of cabinet space, not to mention the great views. Digital cable and high-speed internet were available. Also, the trash shoot was only about five feet from the door, so throwing away garbage was easy. The rates also seemed very, very reasonable for what you get.

The Building:

Very family friendly. This place has a fitness center, pool, kids pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and shuffle board court. A lot of fun wrapped up in one place. The streets in front of the building have just been redone and are very easy to get around. This area seems to be quieter than other areas of Panama City Beach. There are several elevators, though people seemed to struggle with the concept that the central elevators were supposed to service only floors seven and up. I have seen others complain here about security, but I found security very friendly, but alert. They gave us a sense of "security" for lack of a better word, and I was pleased to see them there. I felt like I could leave my vehicle parked in the parking lot without fear of someone breaking in. The front office staff were also very friendly, smiling whenever I would see them.

The Beach:

The beach was immaculate! White sand and chairs available. It was never too crowded, and it looked like they had a guy that cleaned up in front of the building daily. Very nice. The waves were super big, but then again, I think tropical storm Lee was making it's presence known. This was my two year old's first visit to the beach. This was the perfect place for such an occasion! She had a great time and so did we!

Conclusion:

In short, we loved this place and we will definitely be staying here every time we go to Panama City Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for unit #901. Even if you have to change your dates to get it, it's well worth it! I thin...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have stayed at this resort a few times but the last time I stayed here with my family we had trouble daily by the security guard he harassed everyone, no one could have a float of any kind in the pool, not even a small ring float for small kids, they would say read the sign. You had to pay 12.00 per car to park in their lot. My mother laid the pass on the dash you could see it but they gave her a ticket saying it would be towed because it was not visible. They walked around that parking lot with their clip board trying to find someone to give a ticket to

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lakewood, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to Panama City on a Family vacation in April 2011 for our Easter break. The original place we booked was a disaster and by the stroke of persistence my wife found the Watercrest and saved our vacation from ending before it started.
We were able to get a relatively good price on very short notice. The room was a beautiful 11th floor view of the ocean which we wouldn't have normally taken with small children but we managed. The living room and kitchen were perfect for our family style and we had a master bedroom and large spare room with 2 double beds. The washer and dryer came in handy throughout the week. The pool was a little cold but nice and you could warm up in the hot tub. There was also a kiddie pool which was great for us and the deck led right out to the beach. The location is a quieter end of the strip which we really prefer. Plenty of room for long walks on the beach.

Room Tip: Deal with OAESus directly
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Baton rouge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was sort of an accidental vacation for us. Two of my adolescent children were getting certified in scuba and we decided to rent a condo unit and stay the week. Watercrest is an older building but it is located right on the beach and was very convenient for what we wanted to accomplish. Our unit was clean but the furniture was a bit scuffed and there were cabinet drawers that didn't quite work right, front door needs painting -things like that. The property is managed by Royal American Hospitality, Inc. and one gets the impression that this company manages so many properties that they don't really know the state of any particular unit. When I called to get the key code for the exercise room, the representative at Royal American just seemed a little confused and annoyed - she finallly gave me the number to security for the building. Building security were very helpful. That being said, we did enjoy our stay. The common areas are well maintained. They seem to try and cater to families and keep the noise level down. If I had it to go over again, I think I would try to rent from someone other than Royal American. We were in 2 bedroom unit 1006 but Royal American won't tell you what unit you are going to be in until you register in person. I noted that Oceasresorts.com has an office on the property and this might be an option to explore if you want to stay at this property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Watercrest? Share your experiences!