“Run far, far away...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
“Run far, far away...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I'm staying here currently. My family of 3 paid $1459 to stay in a one bedroom for a week and have not enjoyed it at all. The pool is filthy, littered with sticks and other junk. The halls smell like vomit. The hall leading to the indoor pill is mildew infested. There are trays in the air ducts/vents. There are hundreds of drunk 17/18 year old high school graduates here drinking openly this week; they've taken over the beach and we've seen several brawls in front of my child this week where teenagers have been beaten to a pulp. It's now 10pm and I've called the police because these teenagers have been standing on their balconies playing vulgar music, chanting, screaming absurdities and foul language all night. Don't get me started on the nudity sexual conduct my little boy has observed while here. We have no peace in our own room. We can't sleep from the noise.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This property details are as follows, and yes, I have photos: The unit we stayed in was filthy and had lots of broken items. The ONLY good thing about this place was the view. The carpet in the hallways was wet and moldy and they had a rusted, dirty fan running to try and dry it off.

We stayed here for 2 nights on the last leg of our honeymoon and were told we couldn't even use the pool without paying an extra $50! I originally made the reservation through hotels.com, which charged me $287.68. When my confirmation came through, it included a note that said I was going to have to pay $300.00 more in fees on-site! When I called to cancel the reservation, I was told I couldn't because the resort wouldn't answer their phone. When I called, they answered right away, but told me I had to cancel through hotels.com. I called hotels.com again and they said they still couldn't get through, even though they called the number I was given by the front desk for cancellations.

When we arrived, we were told we had to go to another hotel to check in. Upon getting to the OTHER hotel, we were charged $181.65 by Emerald View Resorts. I thought that was the end of it and was relieved to just have somewhere to sleep. And then this morning Shores of Panama directly charged me $170.00!!!

$639.33 for the second-worst place I've ever stayed in my life! I stayed in a hotel on Koh Samet in Thailand that was clean, tidy, and not broken for $13.00! I could have stayed at the 4-star Bay Point Resort for under $600 for 2 nights!

DO NOT stay here if you care about yourself at all.

Other issues: the queen size bed in the unit was so old that my husband and I slept on the bunk beds because the mattresses were decent, the sofa was old and uncomfortable, the only food on the property was at a "members only" restaurant that you had to pay to use, you couldn't access the beach from the property without paying the pool fee - we walked around to Pineapple Willie's next door and got to the beach that way.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Looks can be deceiving, resort looked great, room looked great. Went to check in, they sent us to Grand Panama, Grand Panama sent us back, after letting us know the staff at Shore of Panama are lazy, that we did NOT need to come to them for check in. Tried to charge extra fees for pool and beach, yea right. Elevators were broken some of the time.

Room Tip: Go to a different resort.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked this hotel through Expedia and switched my reservation to another hotel 30 minutes later... Read the reviews!!! Some of the websites do not tell you about the $400+ hidden fees until after you book the hotel!! They charge a daily rate to use the pool, they charge to clean (but you have to clean your room before you leave so why are you paying a daily cleaning fee?), they charge a ridiculous deposit, and THEY CHARGE TO ACCESS THE BEACH!!! What kind of hotel on the beach does that? It was false advertising on Expedia's part so do your homework and check multiple websites before booking a hotel and read the reviews! The only thing I am grateful for is finding this out before staying with them.

Stayed May 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Shores of Panana for bike week. Our visit started off terrible it seemed like no one at the front desk knew what they where doing! We were made aware of extra charges upon checkin. We were furious about not being told in advance. A manager named Rachel was suppose to talk with us about it but never did!! What kind of manager is that? Then we were given our room key and it would not open the door so we had to go back to the front desk. We were assigned to a different room, got to the new room same thing happened! By this time we were furious!! Jumped in the elevator headed back down to the front desk AGAIN!!! Luckily a sweet young lady named Carrie was in the elevator and heard us talking. She showed concern right away and assured us she would handle it for us. We followed her to our room, she pulled out a key and got us in!!! Thank goodness we were just ready to be settled!! She apologized for the inconvience and wished us a great time. The room was nice and the pool is amazing!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We rented from an individual through vrbo.com and everything was perfect! Very nice condo, well stocked and cleaned. Will probably never book through any other site now, really liked just dealing with an individual to book. ONLY complaint is Shores of Panama charges to use the pool, hot tub, spa, etc. HUGE pool and hot tub though so worth the money.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paris, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No Security, No Parking, the x-rated music from the balconies never stops, the "guests" throwing bottles and furniture from balconies onto the pool deck never stops, Fees Galore, Clean your own room upon checkout and pay a 230 dollar fee for that privilege. The beach is filthy, the elevator system is awful, the pictures will make the place look good no doubt about it. But once you get here its awful, its scary, its dirty, its unsafe. its expensive and good luck if you have a problem, they wont make it right with you.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!