“Started off Rocky” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
“Started off Rocky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We went to Shores of Panana for bike week. Our visit started off terrible it seemed like no one at the front desk knew what they where doing! We were made aware of extra charges upon checkin. We were furious about not being told in advance. A manager named Rachel was suppose to talk with us about it but never did!! What kind of manager is that? Then we were given our room key and it would not open the door so we had to go back to the front desk. We were assigned to a different room, got to the new room same thing happened! By this time we were furious!! Jumped in the elevator headed back down to the front desk AGAIN!!! Luckily a sweet young lady named Carrie was in the elevator and heard us talking. She showed concern right away and assured us she would handle it for us. We followed her to our room, she pulled out a key and got us in!!! Thank goodness we were just ready to be settled!! She apologized for the inconvience and wished us a great time. The room was nice and the pool is amazing!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We rented from an individual through vrbo.com and everything was perfect! Very nice condo, well stocked and cleaned. Will probably never book through any other site now, really liked just dealing with an individual to book. ONLY complaint is Shores of Panama charges to use the pool, hot tub, spa, etc. HUGE pool and hot tub though so worth the money.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paris, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No Security, No Parking, the x-rated music from the balconies never stops, the "guests" throwing bottles and furniture from balconies onto the pool deck never stops, Fees Galore, Clean your own room upon checkout and pay a 230 dollar fee for that privilege. The beach is filthy, the elevator system is awful, the pictures will make the place look good no doubt about it. But once you get here its awful, its scary, its dirty, its unsafe. its expensive and good luck if you have a problem, they wont make it right with you.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked our condo through hotels.com.. showed up to check in early at the shores of panama and was told I had to walk across the street to check in. The two girls at the front desk of the resort collection vacation rentals building said I had to reservations and for me to call and get that checked out. They didn't offer to take care of it for me, like they should've working as a front desk attendant. We then walked back over to the shores of panama to the front desk and the two girls working the front desk looked at us like we were idiots because we didn't know what to do at that point. They were rude and very uninformative. Then on top of that nonsense, shores of panama charges money for freaking arm bands to access the pool and the beach behind it. Um, I just paid a couple 100 to even book a room there and I'm being charged for arm bands to access the property I'm staying at? Absolutely ridiculous!! The parking deck was ridiculous and the security guards working didn't know what they were doing. Our condo and the pool was great.. every staff member we came in contact with lacked the knowledge and customer service they needed to do their job. I've worked at a hotel and know what to expect, and this wasn't it!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the place to stay if you want:

1) non working elevators. Not fun walking 21 flights of stairs!
2) total lack of security - partying, fights, loud music at all hours of the day
3) guests pulling fire alarms at 1 am!
4) non working clothes dryer
5) horrendous parking garage
6) rude employees
7) cable TV that doesnt work consistently
8) and much more!

This could and should be one of the nicest hotels in the area. The picture you see online is exactly what it looks like. But that is about the only good thing you can say. God forbid if you want extra towels or toilet paper. Plan on walking to walmart often! Good thing you can walk - you get there faster than trying to drive out of their parking garage. Wrist bands needed to walk around and go in the pool although no one looks to see if the right people have them! Plan on Waiting 15 -20 minutes at least for the elevators. Employees don't have answers for you or cant help. The have to call the "condo association" first. I could go on and on. But I think you get the idea!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Is there a rating of ZERO STARS? Where do I begin...

There were bottles being thrown from the balcony to the pool area. We were on the balcony and witnessed a bottle almost strike a mother who was letting her two small children swim. Security responded but to my knowledge nothing was done about it. The complex allowed kids to play vulgar rap music from the balconies each day and night without it being shut down and on Saturday night the complex had a DJ from Club LaVela who was playing vulgar rap music by the pool. So when we walked back in from the beach Saturday night we were greeted with that...

The noise level in the complex was a 10/10 during the stay. It would be loud until the wee hours of the morning with some nights going to 4 am or earlier.

Because of the vulgar music, the screaming, cursing and beer funneling from the balconies we did not allow our kids to go out to the pool area at night. Instead we would go out to dinner and go back to the condo where we would do something inside. In addition to the pool are being unusable the "fitness center" was a joke. Small, dark, dirty and musty smelling. In my opinion unusable. I joined a local gym on HWY 98 for the week because I couldn't workout in the fitness area.

Each night police lined the streets to try and control the chaos outside our door. Teenagers and college kids screaming with megaphones, doing drugs, funneling beer and so on.

On my 9 hour drive back home I thought more about the $230 fee I was charged by SOP for the "amenities" and quiet frankly the more angry I got since I was unable to enjoy the pool area or fitness room for the aforementioned reasons. So I decided to contact SOP management to obtain a refund since I was unable to use the amenities. I called and asked for Rachel in management who the front desk could not reach anytime I called. Over the course of 4 days I called and left 10 or more messages for Rachel or her superior to call me. CRICKETS....

To date I have never received a call back despite my best efforts. I did talk to a desk clerk named Donna and explained I wanted my amenity fee money back and she said SOP doesn't issue any refunds.

So now after waiting almost a week for a return call from someone in management I have officially disputed the charge with my credit card company who honored the credit reversal.

The overall lack of social responsibility and professionalism by SOP is an outrage. The HOA should seek to replace the current management of SOP.

I will never return to PCB or SOP.

Stayed April 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wish I had read the reviews before we paid our deposit for this place. This was a family trip for 7 couples with children. The hotel staff needs to understand that not everyone who stays here during Spring Break is a college kid. Some are mature adults with young and teen children. Our room was destroyed: TV broke, counter top broke, dining room table had water damage and cracked wood, and carpet was filthy. Whats the point of 7 couples paying 220$/ night plus a cleaning fee if the resort doesn't hold their end of the deal? They shouldn't have issued us the room. The worst room accomodations I've ever stayed at. The place has all year to hire more staff and know how to deal with the spring break crowd. They obviosuly can't handle it and don't care about their customer service. The nerve of them to double charge our card and add "unexplainable charges." stay away if you are like me and want to get what you pay for. Other than that, the trip was fun and enjoyable. Check your card for misc. fees. Never seen a resort charge fees that they cannot explain.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!