“Definitely lacked southern hospitality” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
“Definitely lacked southern hospitality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I booked our condo through hotels.com.. showed up to check in early at the shores of panama and was told I had to walk across the street to check in. The two girls at the front desk of the resort collection vacation rentals building said I had to reservations and for me to call and get that checked out. They didn't offer to take care of it for me, like they should've working as a front desk attendant. We then walked back over to the shores of panama to the front desk and the two girls working the front desk looked at us like we were idiots because we didn't know what to do at that point. They were rude and very uninformative. Then on top of that nonsense, shores of panama charges money for freaking arm bands to access the pool and the beach behind it. Um, I just paid a couple 100 to even book a room there and I'm being charged for arm bands to access the property I'm staying at? Absolutely ridiculous!! The parking deck was ridiculous and the security guards working didn't know what they were doing. Our condo and the pool was great.. every staff member we came in contact with lacked the knowledge and customer service they needed to do their job. I've worked at a hotel and know what to expect, and this wasn't it!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the place to stay if you want:

1) non working elevators. Not fun walking 21 flights of stairs!
2) total lack of security - partying, fights, loud music at all hours of the day
3) guests pulling fire alarms at 1 am!
4) non working clothes dryer
5) horrendous parking garage
6) rude employees
7) cable TV that doesnt work consistently
8) and much more!

This could and should be one of the nicest hotels in the area. The picture you see online is exactly what it looks like. But that is about the only good thing you can say. God forbid if you want extra towels or toilet paper. Plan on walking to walmart often! Good thing you can walk - you get there faster than trying to drive out of their parking garage. Wrist bands needed to walk around and go in the pool although no one looks to see if the right people have them! Plan on Waiting 15 -20 minutes at least for the elevators. Employees don't have answers for you or cant help. The have to call the "condo association" first. I could go on and on. But I think you get the idea!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Is there a rating of ZERO STARS? Where do I begin...

There were bottles being thrown from the balcony to the pool area. We were on the balcony and witnessed a bottle almost strike a mother who was letting her two small children swim. Security responded but to my knowledge nothing was done about it. The complex allowed kids to play vulgar rap music from the balconies each day and night without it being shut down and on Saturday night the complex had a DJ from Club LaVela who was playing vulgar rap music by the pool. So when we walked back in from the beach Saturday night we were greeted with that...

The noise level in the complex was a 10/10 during the stay. It would be loud until the wee hours of the morning with some nights going to 4 am or earlier.

Because of the vulgar music, the screaming, cursing and beer funneling from the balconies we did not allow our kids to go out to the pool area at night. Instead we would go out to dinner and go back to the condo where we would do something inside. In addition to the pool are being unusable the "fitness center" was a joke. Small, dark, dirty and musty smelling. In my opinion unusable. I joined a local gym on HWY 98 for the week because I couldn't workout in the fitness area.

Each night police lined the streets to try and control the chaos outside our door. Teenagers and college kids screaming with megaphones, doing drugs, funneling beer and so on.

On my 9 hour drive back home I thought more about the $230 fee I was charged by SOP for the "amenities" and quiet frankly the more angry I got since I was unable to enjoy the pool area or fitness room for the aforementioned reasons. So I decided to contact SOP management to obtain a refund since I was unable to use the amenities. I called and asked for Rachel in management who the front desk could not reach anytime I called. Over the course of 4 days I called and left 10 or more messages for Rachel or her superior to call me. CRICKETS....

To date I have never received a call back despite my best efforts. I did talk to a desk clerk named Donna and explained I wanted my amenity fee money back and she said SOP doesn't issue any refunds.

So now after waiting almost a week for a return call from someone in management I have officially disputed the charge with my credit card company who honored the credit reversal.

The overall lack of social responsibility and professionalism by SOP is an outrage. The HOA should seek to replace the current management of SOP.

I will never return to PCB or SOP.

Stayed April 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wish I had read the reviews before we paid our deposit for this place. This was a family trip for 7 couples with children. The hotel staff needs to understand that not everyone who stays here during Spring Break is a college kid. Some are mature adults with young and teen children. Our room was destroyed: TV broke, counter top broke, dining room table had water damage and cracked wood, and carpet was filthy. Whats the point of 7 couples paying 220$/ night plus a cleaning fee if the resort doesn't hold their end of the deal? They shouldn't have issued us the room. The worst room accomodations I've ever stayed at. The place has all year to hire more staff and know how to deal with the spring break crowd. They obviosuly can't handle it and don't care about their customer service. The nerve of them to double charge our card and add "unexplainable charges." stay away if you are like me and want to get what you pay for. Other than that, the trip was fun and enjoyable. Check your card for misc. fees. Never seen a resort charge fees that they cannot explain.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start off my review by saying this : if I had the choice between staying at the Shores of Panama or staying at the local Motel 6, I would choose Motel 6 10/10 times. Upon entering our room we quickly discovered that our TV was broken, our ice maker in the freezer was broken, our shower curtains were broken, our mattresses all had disgusting stains that were clearly some sort of bodily fluid, not to mention that they literally smelled bad through the sheets. Make sure to bring some quality hiking boots as you will rather climb 20 flights of stairs than wait for their obsolete and faulty elevators.
********** Halfway through our vacation, about 6 Shores residents from another room kicked our door in and charged us in an attempt to assault us. We handled the attackers with ease but our biggest issue was yet to come. There was blood all over our room from the brawl and our door was literally broken off the hinges. When we attempted to tell the hotel manager and security about what happened, they shrugged it off and ignored us and weren't concerned for our safety in any way shape or form. Through 5 hours of arguing with the most incompetent resort staff I've ever dealt with, they finally sent an employee to fix our door so we could sleep with some sort of security. May I remind you they finally fixed it at 2-3 am so we did not get much sleep that night.
If you are smart, you WILL NOT give this place your money.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has been by far the worst place we have stayed in terms of service. Donna D., front desk mngr. is worthless. She is doing more damage to this place than good. No doubt, Shores of Panama, Emerald View Mngt. and Bookit.com have some internal issues but it should be SEAMLESS to the customers! This has been by far the worst vacation experience we have had. I understand better why vacationing abroad is more attractive. It's unfortunate but until ppl like Donna D. and the rest of the crew "get it", PCB will continue to be the "not so favorable" riviera!

Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After we cancelled our reservation, they charged our credit card for $1000.00. They were not authorized to put more charges on our card!! We had to cancel our card with the bank so they couldn't keep putting charges on it. DO NOT TRUST THEM!! They claim they didn't receive a cancellation but we have phone records. And then all the manager could say was to take it up with our bank!!! The bank had nothing to do with it!! It was Shores of Panama taking advantage and fraudulently putting charges on our card. They can't be trusted!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!