“Find another place!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Buffalo, New York
“Find another place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is the place to stay if you want:

1) non working elevators. Not fun walking 21 flights of stairs!
2) total lack of security - partying, fights, loud music at all hours of the day
3) guests pulling fire alarms at 1 am!
4) non working clothes dryer
5) horrendous parking garage
6) rude employees
7) cable TV that doesnt work consistently
8) and much more!

This could and should be one of the nicest hotels in the area. The picture you see online is exactly what it looks like. But that is about the only good thing you can say. God forbid if you want extra towels or toilet paper. Plan on walking to walmart often! Good thing you can walk - you get there faster than trying to drive out of their parking garage. Wrist bands needed to walk around and go in the pool although no one looks to see if the right people have them! Plan on Waiting 15 -20 minutes at least for the elevators. Employees don't have answers for you or cant help. The have to call the "condo association" first. I could go on and on. But I think you get the idea!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Is there a rating of ZERO STARS? Where do I begin...

There were bottles being thrown from the balcony to the pool area. We were on the balcony and witnessed a bottle almost strike a mother who was letting her two small children swim. Security responded but to my knowledge nothing was done about it. The complex allowed kids to play vulgar rap music from the balconies each day and night without it being shut down and on Saturday night the complex had a DJ from Club LaVela who was playing vulgar rap music by the pool. So when we walked back in from the beach Saturday night we were greeted with that...

The noise level in the complex was a 10/10 during the stay. It would be loud until the wee hours of the morning with some nights going to 4 am or earlier.

Because of the vulgar music, the screaming, cursing and beer funneling from the balconies we did not allow our kids to go out to the pool area at night. Instead we would go out to dinner and go back to the condo where we would do something inside. In addition to the pool are being unusable the "fitness center" was a joke. Small, dark, dirty and musty smelling. In my opinion unusable. I joined a local gym on HWY 98 for the week because I couldn't workout in the fitness area.

Each night police lined the streets to try and control the chaos outside our door. Teenagers and college kids screaming with megaphones, doing drugs, funneling beer and so on.

On my 9 hour drive back home I thought more about the $230 fee I was charged by SOP for the "amenities" and quiet frankly the more angry I got since I was unable to enjoy the pool area or fitness room for the aforementioned reasons. So I decided to contact SOP management to obtain a refund since I was unable to use the amenities. I called and asked for Rachel in management who the front desk could not reach anytime I called. Over the course of 4 days I called and left 10 or more messages for Rachel or her superior to call me. CRICKETS....

To date I have never received a call back despite my best efforts. I did talk to a desk clerk named Donna and explained I wanted my amenity fee money back and she said SOP doesn't issue any refunds.

So now after waiting almost a week for a return call from someone in management I have officially disputed the charge with my credit card company who honored the credit reversal.

The overall lack of social responsibility and professionalism by SOP is an outrage. The HOA should seek to replace the current management of SOP.

I will never return to PCB or SOP.

Stayed April 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Let me start off my review by saying this : if I had the choice between staying at the Shores of Panama or staying at the local Motel 6, I would choose Motel 6 10/10 times. Upon entering our room we quickly discovered that our TV was broken, our ice maker in the freezer was broken, our shower curtains were broken, our mattresses all had disgusting stains that were clearly some sort of bodily fluid, not to mention that they literally smelled bad through the sheets. Make sure to bring some quality hiking boots as you will rather climb 20 flights of stairs than wait for their obsolete and faulty elevators.
********** Halfway through our vacation, about 6 Shores residents from another room kicked our door in and charged us in an attempt to assault us. We handled the attackers with ease but our biggest issue was yet to come. There was blood all over our room from the brawl and our door was literally broken off the hinges. When we attempted to tell the hotel manager and security about what happened, they shrugged it off and ignored us and weren't concerned for our safety in any way shape or form. Through 5 hours of arguing with the most incompetent resort staff I've ever dealt with, they finally sent an employee to fix our door so we could sleep with some sort of security. May I remind you they finally fixed it at 2-3 am so we did not get much sleep that night.
If you are smart, you WILL NOT give this place your money.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This has been by far the worst place we have stayed in terms of service. Donna D., front desk mngr. is worthless. She is doing more damage to this place than good. No doubt, Shores of Panama, Emerald View Mngt. and Bookit.com have some internal issues but it should be SEAMLESS to the customers! This has been by far the worst vacation experience we have had. I understand better why vacationing abroad is more attractive. It's unfortunate but until ppl like Donna D. and the rest of the crew "get it", PCB will continue to be the "not so favorable" riviera!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After we cancelled our reservation, they charged our credit card for $1000.00. They were not authorized to put more charges on our card!! We had to cancel our card with the bank so they couldn't keep putting charges on it. DO NOT TRUST THEM!! They claim they didn't receive a cancellation but we have phone records. And then all the manager could say was to take it up with our bank!!! The bank had nothing to do with it!! It was Shores of Panama taking advantage and fraudulently putting charges on our card. They can't be trusted!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Florence, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place was so frustrating that I didn't even enjoy my vacation. I will NEVER stay there again and would NEVER recommend anyone else too! We came down to watch my son play baseball at a local college there that he attends and stayed on the beach to go ahead and try to get a relaxing vacation out of it also. After he got done with school that day and after his 3 hour practice he came over to only be treated as a criminal!! The supervisor of security said that we were not allowed visitors there. Now I am one who reads all the fine print in things and nowhere did it ever say that you were not allowed visitors!!! First of all he had to park at Walmart and walk over to see us and then the security wouldn't let him come up to visit. They said he would have to be on my guest list in order to visit.....REALLY?? So they wanted me to count him as a guest just to come over and visit a couple hours a day with us!! After proceeding to tell them that he wasn't going to be staying nor sleeping there and that that would be crazy to have to use him as a guest when he was just visiting and telling him that we were not there to party and that he had his own apartment there and attends college there and could provide the lease that has his name on it to prove that i wasn't lying they still refused to let him come up to see his family that was anxiously waiting (remember that is the only reason for the trip in the first place) to see him. Mind you that he even had his baseball uniform on that proved we wasn't lying either!! You would think that they would support their student athletes in the community and not interrogate them as if they are criminals! Anyways, after talking with 3 different staff members and my blood pressure rising they allowed him to come up but wanted to know specifically how many hours he would be there and then wanted him to come back down and bring the bracelet back to them. So after all that just to get him up to VISIT for a couple of hours we just met him outside the condo to visit with him. This is very sad they way they treat their customers. After seeing what I had to go through just to get him on the elevator to see us I just wonder how all the other teenagers was allowed to do all that they were doing out on the balconies after that. You could literally see whatever you wanted to see sitting out on balcony and also get a contact high from the marijuana smoke floating around. So it seems like it was only tight security for those that were there doing right!!! Trust me there are other issues than this that was terrible like the sardine smell in the elevators. Too much to write about. Needless to say that I visit PCB quite often but this place will NEVER receive my business EVER AGAIN!!! Please do not support these kind of businesses!!! Stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
vigo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Do not stay here! Location is fine and the rooms are great but management don't know how to run it. We arrives at noon and we were told to wait until 2pm for the check in. At 2pm they said check in was at 4 but that we were going to get our room later because they have to clean the room. We had nowhere to go, so we were sitting in the lobby and we were asked to leave. We told them that we had nowhere to go and they acted very rude kicking us out.
We had to stay in the parking lot, where we were not the only ones waiting there.
We got out room at 8 pm. After half an hour another guy entered in our room because he got the same room as us.
Extremely rude management, they take 6 hours to give you your room but then when we were checking out they threatening us to charge us a fee if we were leaving after 9.15 am.
Elevators are not enough and you have to wait a long time every time you want to go up and down.
I am sure they are better hotels to stay, this one is way too expensive for what you get.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!