“Awful management!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
vigo
“Awful management!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Do not stay here! Location is fine and the rooms are great but management don't know how to run it. We arrives at noon and we were told to wait until 2pm for the check in. At 2pm they said check in was at 4 but that we were going to get our room later because they have to clean the room. We had nowhere to go, so we were sitting in the lobby and we were asked to leave. We told them that we had nowhere to go and they acted very rude kicking us out.
We had to stay in the parking lot, where we were not the only ones waiting there.
We got out room at 8 pm. After half an hour another guy entered in our room because he got the same room as us.
Extremely rude management, they take 6 hours to give you your room but then when we were checking out they threatening us to charge us a fee if we were leaving after 9.15 am.
Elevators are not enough and you have to wait a long time every time you want to go up and down.
I am sure they are better hotels to stay, this one is way too expensive for what you get.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Do not be fooled by the pictures of this place! Not only do they charge you and extra $30 a day per person just to use the pool on top of your normal price, their "extensive amenities" that they claim to offer are a joke! The fitness room is tiny and has no window and you feel like you're in a cave. The parking is horrendous! Little tiny spaces that you can barely get your car into. We made the mistake staying during spring break and they allow large groups of drunken kids to shack up in a room and smoke weed and funnel beer and everything else you can image from the balcony. And they yell and party all night and no one says anything to them. The pool looks nice but you can't even enjoy it because of all the chaos! The beach is littered with beer cans from all the partying. This place is horrible and they need to shut it down or get new management to control this place!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm not your typical Spring Breaker... I'm 23. I have a full time job. I have owned a home for 2 years now. I'm past being a broke college student. Did I expect a perfect situation? No. That's unrealistic for the week I took my vacation! That many people checking in on one day? Let's be real. No hotel would be able to handle that.

10 friends and myself booked SOP for Spring Break, being realistic we knew it would be a bit hectic and disorganized. We are all 23+ and this is our last Spring Break (for some our first). We no where near expected perfection! BUT with that being said.. we did not expect the terrible service we received.
We booked our room through the SOP website directly, no outside source involved. When we arrived to SOP, after a 20 hour drive, we waited in line for 2 hours to Check In. Once to the counter we were told we didn't have reservations. Mind you, we called on our drive and multiple other times to check on things and make sure we were set to go. So to hear this? No. Then they tell us "oh you do have reservations but you need to drive a mile down the strip and check in"... what? So we do as we are told and head to the new location. THANK GOODNESS for the people at this location. We were not reserved with them either. But they called SOP and got everything worked out for us before letting us leave.
When we got back to SOP we sent one person in to get everything as to not have to deal with 11 people crowded in there again. To make up for their "mistake" and wasting 5 hours of our day checking in they gave us "free entry to club la vella" for a night. Which by the way, didn't actually get you in at all during the week we were staying. Real nice.
Let me remind you, all of us were expecting a hectic day and no perfection at all. But the room. The not cleaned after the last group was there, hair balls everywhere, dirty mattress', dirty sheets, not enough comforters or pillows, and table that was destroyed down the center. That was not what we expected. I would at least expect a clean room. Our phone jack didn't FIT into the wall jack. So we had no way to reach the front desk. One of the guys went down to get more blankets/pillows/towels for us... housekeeping was closed and no one had access to anything we needed. They told us "tough luck". Okay don't worry we'll sleep without blankets. That's fine. Thanks for no help.

Security.. I was impressed the first few days. They kept the creeps trying to get in, out. They were watchful and extremely friendly for what they were dealing with. Until I ripped my wristband off. They never noticed. never. And then when I went to the desk to ask what to do, the lady told me to go to my room and hope no one sees me without it. "you're f****** lucky you got in! they shoulda thrown you out! better run hunny!" Is that professional? Is that okay? No. Your new wristband is $200 once you find the person with the answer. But if your room has behaved and not caused issues (and no one else is around) they'll give it to you for free, thank goodness.

Check Out - If you check the website it says 10am. If you check your e-mails it says nothing. If you're smart and ask the desk... they THEN tell you 9am and it's $50 for each additional half hour you're not out. I'm glad we asked. We were planning on 10am!

All i can say is I'm glad to be home, and I cannot wait to go to Cancun in a month and have a real vacation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Geneseo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms were awesome but the staff was terrible!!! We arrived at 10 am and was told we can't check in until 2. At 2 we waited on an HOUR LONG LINE to check in just to be told our room wouldn't be ready until 6pm! We booked through student city and they had us running back and forth to student city and them for no reason. We were asked to leave the property numerous times because we didn't have wristbands but it was because WE COULDN'T GET THEM! They charged us over $700 in fees then tried to charge my friend over $1000 even though she had the same exact type of room as us. They were incredibly rude and acted as if they never checked people in before. If you pay the deposit in cash you won't get it back for like 6 weeks!!!!! I understand it was spring break and a crazy time but for the amount we paid to stay there we were treated like animals.

Room Tip: good view of the pool and ocean
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hidden fees, hidden fees, hidden fees!!! I booked this hotel believing that the other reviews I saw were bogus, I thought they may have been over exaggerated but yet I found them to be true once we got there. 1st issue, they describe the deluxe 1 bedroom yet tried to limit the amount of people I could have. When I checked in, I thought I was paying the remaining balance that they did not take out once we booked it but was actually charged 3 times that amount for a "cleaning fee" and a "unintential damage fee". We had to empty all the trash and put all towels in the tub upon leaving, which does not explain why we had to do all of this and was charged the cleaning fee. The only thing I liked about this place was the bed!!!! If I could have taken the bed, I would have, simply amazing!!! We also went during spring break which is not a great time to go to PC at all. And let's not forget the long waits for the elevator and the parking!!!! HORRIBLE!!!! We waited for the elevator for 20 mins, that place is too big to have to wait that long. Parking is confusing and the employees don't know anything about the place, just there to collect a check. Won't be booking here ever again!!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed the first week in March. It was the very beginning of spring break so not a lot of spring breakers. The resort was getting set up & ready for the swarm. Every morning around 10:00 the DJ would start playing. We enjoyed the music. The beach was clean and not crowded. Our room was clean and we had no problems. We will stay again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we have returned in Feb,2015 we reserved the same condo 714 at the Shores of Panama with
Emerald View Management one of the best management companies in Panama City Beach.

Condo 714 is a gulf front with a master bedroom with full bath and a king size bed directly facing the gulf of Mexico and a bunk room with two beds and a full bath and a sofa sleeper in
the living room our condo was furnished and decorated very elegantly.
our condo was in the middle of the building offered the most beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico
and the largest gulf side pools with a lazy river. The resort also have indoor pool and spa.
We had our own reserved covered parking space few hundreds feet from the condo space #714 and the balcony was almost 30 feet long . When we called Emerald View management they provided
us with pictures of the condo so we had a very good idea where we were going to spend our vacation . we were charged the rate of one bedroom. this type of condo is listed as one bedroom condo with a bunk room, the bunk room with a privet door and a full
bathe was all free ,we are returning in September and we are reserving this condo from Emerald View Management #866-687-1244. Have a good vacation.

Room Tip: one bedroom with a bunk room ,condo( C) type
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!