“Close to Paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Miami, Florida
“Close to Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beach is out of this world....closer to Paradise....white sandy beach, crystal clear water, seaguls, crabs, small fish surround you as you get in...on the other hand one of the most beautiful pools in the State of Florida. I stayed in a one bedroom that could easily accommodate 6 people, with a full kitchen, ample balcony amazing. Then you have a full fledge Spa as well as a very warm inside pool and jacuzzi. Certainly a place to go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The room was great and the service was excellent. We had a minor issue with the refrigerator but the maintenance department took care of it immediately. The elevators were a little slow but we took into consideration that there were a lot of people wanting to get to the beach. My family and I will definitely be staying here again! Hopefully we can get our same room 1720.

• Stayed October 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We will definitely be staying with them again. While visiting family away from home they made you feel like you never left your house. The staff was very helpful, friendly and the management was amazing. They offered a hot breakfast and it was very good if i say so myself.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great location! We were there for the Florida Ironman and it was so easy to go to the events from here. The beach in front of the place is just wonderful, as well. Even though the outdoor pool was closed due to it being off season, it was really nice looking. The ocean view from our room was fab.

Then you try to stay in the place....the elevators are so slow and smelly (smelly with scented powder to mask other smells). Then, the room...there could be good rooms somewhere in this place; we just didn't get one. The carpet was old and stained. The furniture was worn and icky looking. The white towels were stained (bleach anyone?). Plus, even though we rented the place for 5 days, we didn't even have 1/2 of a roll of toilet paper for each bathroom left for us.

Then there's the beach access issue. We weren't told that we had to pay $26 a day for wrist bands just to get access to the beach!

We rented through VRBO. The management company didn't have the place ready when we got there AND they never returned our calls after our first day there! We didn't even have directions as to what condition to leave the condo in when we left. I have a feeling they select which reviews to show at VRBO, because there's no way the condo we stayed in would have gotten 5 stars from anyone (unless stained, old, and creepy was their criteria for their rating).

If they had everyone refurbish their rooms and they dealt with the beach access issue up front with everyone, then this would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I have no idea how you'd find a good room. We rented through the VRBO site based on the ratings...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Stockbridge, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In short, i was very disappointed with this place. On the outside it looks very impressive, but they fail on the inside. I was told that i would get a very nice condo b/c they had about thirteen 3 bedroom condos available. What we got was not very nice. First thing we did when we walked in the condo was to notice the comforters on the beds were ratty looking, so we pulled the covers back just to make sure the sheets were clean. Then my 76yr old mother wanted to know if i had brought some comet with me so she could clean out the bath tub and toilet, they were both filthy! The furniture was worn and the carpet needed replacing badly. In all, We called the front desk 4 times and each time we were told ok we'll send someone, but nobody ever came. After being there a few days, we needed a broom or vacuum cleaner, we called, never received either. We had 8 in our group and called for just 1 extra set of towels, again we never got them. The worst part of this property is the elevator system. It is a poorly designed elevator system for such a large property! I only recommend this place if you are desperate! Upon checking out, I complained to the front desk and the clerk told me that she would relay my complaints to the front desk manager and that she would call me and let me know the outcome and if i would be compensated by not paying the cleaning fee. Well i never heard from her, and i called a week later to try and speak with the front desk manager. I left a message, and even until today i have not heard from either one of them. The clerk told me they were surprisingly busy that weekend but I still don't think that is a reason for such poor service. Actually, I have something to compare this to, I have stayed in many condo properties, and i have paid less and have gotten lot better service and a lot better condominium.

Room Tip: Don't stay above the 4th floor if you can help it.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for the Florida Ironman. The location was perfect. We were within walking distance, but far enough away that the noise didn't keep us awake. The view of the beach from our room was gorgeous, although the weather didn't allow us to enjoy it or the pool area. The only complaint I had during our stay is that the carpet in our room really needs to be cleaned. Otherwise, great resort.

• Stayed November 2014
Manteno, Illinois, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not stay at this resort, just toured it as a consideration when visiting Panama City Beach. It has a beautiful lobby and pool area and depending on you individual condo, your room may be good or bad. That said, the reason we chose not to stay there is that you have to pay a separate charge to use the swimming pool of around $26 per DAY (not week). You also are required to wear a wristband proving the fee has been paid which is inconvenient. Some of the individual owners may not show a renter is paying this because they just raise the price of the weekly rental; however, some owners don't pay it and you are on your own. I imagine this can be quite a shock to a vacationer; who has ever heard of such a thing, having to pay separately to use the hotel pool. Also, parking during the peak season can be extremely difficult to impossible. Some owners do purchase their own parking spot so you may want to ask this when considering renting at this property. Many of the rooms may be wonderful depending on the owner as I did look at a couple different ones. Some were beautiful, others not so good. If it wasn't for the parking and "amenities" fee, I would review this better depending on the individual condo you stay it.

Room Tip: If renting on VRBO, look at the VRBO/HomeAway reviews. You can get a beautiful room or a completely...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!