“On A Downward Spiral....No Beach Without Bracelet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

Save Saved
You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Louisville, Kentucky
“On A Downward Spiral....No Beach Without Bracelet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Much was being said by guests about the obvious decline of this property and those things within its purview. Elevators near our condo were smelly and extremely slow with no working floor indicators. The alternate stairs route was dirty, with puddles of ???, and smelled bad. Guests did not have direct access to the beach without purchasing bracelets @ $30 per day or almost $200 per week. The indoor pool and hot tub were also not accessible by guests without the bracelet. Granted one could walk on the street to access beach via walkway between resort and restaurant but who wants to pay condo fee and have to carry all the beach things in a roundabout way when there is direct access to the beach from
condo?
(Our condo itself is not a factor in this review since we rented directly from condo owner.)
Seriously considering another beach vacation location for next time.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lucked out and found a great place to stay last minute at the Shores of Panama. Location is wonderful. There is a gas station, walmart, McDonalds, and plenty of eating places across the street. You can walk over to Pineapple Willey ' s no problem.
There was plenty of security which I really liked. You don't walk out to the pool without seeing someone just walking around making sure everything is ok.
All you have to do to get to the beach is walk right out past the pool..they do have bracelets you scan to let you in amd out. We never had a problem with them.
They have a huge outdoor pool with quite a few nice chairs and a small indoor pool. Hot tub in and outside.
The only thing we didn't care for were the parking spots. They aren't easy to get into and are all quite small. We had an assigned spot so we didn't have to look for one, it was just sometimes difficult to get into depending on how the person parked beside you.
This will be our first choice next time we head to the beach. We've tried several places this is the best we have stayed at for location and what they offer.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed on the 19th floor in a one bedroom gulf view. The positives were the view, the balcony, the location and the pool. The negatives, the unit was filthy and obviously in need of maintenance. When you walked barefoot on the tile floors your feet turned black. The list of things wrong with the room is too long to publish. We had friends who also stayed the same week and their unit was in worse shape than ours. We had no issues with the elevators but it wasn’t busy season. I wouldn’t want to deal with them if the place was full. It always seemed one was down being repaired. The parking garage is a nightmare getting out of. In summary, with all the Condo’s in Panama City I see no reason to stay here again. We booked late and called the 800 number for Shores. If I did I would book early and rent a specific unit so I can be sure it is maintained.

Room Tip: Book a specific unit and do your research!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The pool and beach are great, but you have to pay 25 dollars a day just to walk out there. My feet were literally black in a matter of minutes because the tile floor obviously have not been mopped. There was hair all over the beds--so nasty that we went to Walmart and bought our own sheets. They did not leave us enough towels, and 8 hours and 4 phone calls later, we still have no towels as I am typing. If it didn't cost an arm and a leg to cancel, we would be out of here immediately. The only good thing about this place is that it is beach front. I will definitely be back to panama, but will NEVER be back to this hotel again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The outside looks amazing, step inside, the front desk and lobby area is wonderful. The help is okay and tried to accommodate. However, we booked and were placed in a horribly dirty 13th floor studio. Went back to front desk and told them that conditions were not livable. They gave us (my 17yo daughter and myself) a key to look at a room on a different floor, no better plus a huge toenail in the guest bathroom. Back to front desk and given 2 more rooms to look at, they were a tiny bit better, less stains on carpet. Overall the rooms were nasty, the carpet appeared fairly new but stained horribly and dirty. You could drop a tennis shoe on carpet and hear the sand bounce. The showers had left over hair from previous visitors dried on walls and floor. The refrigerator had not been wiped down inside and the sink in kitchen had juice dried. Looked as if the only thing that was done was clean sheets and towels for us. Then upon checkout I was told we were supposed to wash the towels and fold and put away for next guest (there wasn't even a washer or dryer). The first night the pool was closed because as they stated it needed to be drained because of algae. I must say that in my time at the front desk, there were three others families complaining as well about the lack of cleanliness, light bulbs blown, damage to walls and doors. That told me all I needed to know, never go there again. If you care about cleanliness at all, avoid this area and do not book using bookit.com. I called the front desk before booking and the front desk attendant told me that the only difference is you can get amenity fees waived by using bookit.com she said other than that, the rooms are the same and not assigned until check in.

Room Tip: avoid this place.....
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel room is so dirty it looks like no one has cleaned in a while! The toilet had poop smeared going down it. We had someone's left over toilet paper. The shower had a lot of hair in it. The bathroom smelled. The towel holder was broken. The couch had a sticky like Carmel syrup on the arms. The carpet was stained everywhere. Ceiling fan was caked in dust. Tile floors were full of sand. Had a pull out couch but no blankets for it. Service was awful. The elevators took forever and the 4 floor elevator door was broken! You had to push it in to shut it! We spent a lot of money to stay here and we are disgusted by it and would never stay again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My parents, my 2 yr old daughter, my husband and I stayed the week of Sept 27 - Oct 5 2014 in Room #618. I booked through VRBO and couldn't have been happier, this trip was not only a family vacation but we were going for bike week as well so we wanted something nice that our 2 yr old could enjoy that was also near the middle of the action. First off I'd like to say our Condo was beautiful, very clean and had everything that we needed for the week besides our clothes and food. When I booked through VRBO I got to pick out the exact Condo I wanted by looking at pictures and reading the reviews of that specific room. I couldn't have been happier with any other place, the owners Rhonda and Dean were amazing and really helped make our experience the best it could be. They just so happened to be down there the same week and even brought us a new pot and some new towels just because they thought the old ones were ready to be replaced. They even had all of the extra fees for the amenities (pools, beach access, fitness room, etc) added in to the price of the condo and were up front about everything. BTW the pools and hot tubs are great, I only wish the lagoon pool was heated and the snack shack was open when off season started. We took a few "chilly" swims in the lagoon pool but mainly took advantage of the hot tubs and heated indoor pool. It most definitely is who you book through because we had a great experience and will be back to stay in this condo next year.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!