After reading some of the reviews just prior to our vacation I became quite nervous as to what I would find upon arrival! I was pleasantly surprised!!! LOVE this resort and LOVED the services of Emerald View Management Company that I rented my condo from! When I arrived at the Grand Panama to check in everything was ready to go! (Emerald View had sent me an email indicating that I had to check in off site, so I knew where I was going ahead of time.) Now for the moment of truth... We arrived to condo 1519, a 2 bedroom, bunk room, and 3 bathroom condo and it was gorgeous! It was clean, there were plenty of towels, a great view, brand new appliances, dishes, pans, etc. Everything was way above and beyond what I expected. About 10 minutes after we arrived we heard a knock at the door. There was a lady from Emerald View checking in on us to make sure everything was to our liking. She also had a bucket, spray, and towels in case anything needed to be touched up. I was hugely impressed by this! Nice touch Emerald View!
Amenities were AMAZING! Yes you have to pay "extra" for the amenities. I put extra in quotes because you should just really think of it as part of the price of your room. I was well aware of the fee when I booked and realize this is to keep people that don't belong on the resort pool deck stay off. If they didn't charge this "extra" fee the resort would just make the condo rate more expensive, either way you are going to pay for it, and you should!
Pool deck has brand new chairs that were comfortable and very user friendly. I have been places before that have had old, run down chairs that didn't adjust well. These were the nicest chairs I think I have ever laid on.
With all of the positives you know I have to be honest about the negatives. It was Spring Break when we were here. If you don't like to people watch and be entertained by all the teenagers on Spring Break then don't go anywhere in PCB in the month of March or April. If you plan on spending Spring Break anywhere in PCB you are going to have to be tolerant of the Spring Breakers.
I will return to Shores of Panama next time I visit and when I do I will go through Emerald View!
- Also Known As:
- Shores Of Panama By Oaseas Hotel Panama City Beach
- Shores Of Panama By Oaseas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 23 story gulf front luxury resort is loaded with amenities including a full spa, kids club, 13,965 square foot gulf front pool & hot tub, heated indoor pool and hot tub, covered parking on-site, front desk check in, health center with fitness equipment, steam room, 2 tiki bars serving food and cocktails, beach activities and rental services, high speed internet access and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Shores of Panama Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.