“Relieved!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

Save Saved
You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Offers & Announcements
Mother's Day Package
“Relieved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After reading some of the reviews just prior to our vacation I became quite nervous as to what I would find upon arrival! I was pleasantly surprised!!! LOVE this resort and LOVED the services of Emerald View Management Company that I rented my condo from! When I arrived at the Grand Panama to check in everything was ready to go! (Emerald View had sent me an email indicating that I had to check in off site, so I knew where I was going ahead of time.) Now for the moment of truth... We arrived to condo 1519, a 2 bedroom, bunk room, and 3 bathroom condo and it was gorgeous! It was clean, there were plenty of towels, a great view, brand new appliances, dishes, pans, etc. Everything was way above and beyond what I expected. About 10 minutes after we arrived we heard a knock at the door. There was a lady from Emerald View checking in on us to make sure everything was to our liking. She also had a bucket, spray, and towels in case anything needed to be touched up. I was hugely impressed by this! Nice touch Emerald View!

Amenities were AMAZING! Yes you have to pay "extra" for the amenities. I put extra in quotes because you should just really think of it as part of the price of your room. I was well aware of the fee when I booked and realize this is to keep people that don't belong on the resort pool deck stay off. If they didn't charge this "extra" fee the resort would just make the condo rate more expensive, either way you are going to pay for it, and you should!

Pool deck has brand new chairs that were comfortable and very user friendly. I have been places before that have had old, run down chairs that didn't adjust well. These were the nicest chairs I think I have ever laid on.

With all of the positives you know I have to be honest about the negatives. It was Spring Break when we were here. If you don't like to people watch and be entertained by all the teenagers on Spring Break then don't go anywhere in PCB in the month of March or April. If you plan on spending Spring Break anywhere in PCB you are going to have to be tolerant of the Spring Breakers.

I will return to Shores of Panama next time I visit and when I do I will go through Emerald View!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in one of the condos here for the last 2 months while working on a project. The pool and the views are amazing! I love a good sunset and recommend a view looking southwest. The balcony had a great chair to put my feet up and watch it.

Room Tip: The Mid floor, like 4 or 5, on the East side of the building gives the best sunset views!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Paris, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed in unit 1713 at Shores of Panama from March 29 - April 5. It was a 1 bedroom 2 bathroom with a bunk room. This unit was very nice and well decorated and perfect! My friend took the master which had a king and I slept on the sleeper sofa and my daughters, 14 & 12, slept in the bunks. Now for the details ...

When we first arrived, we were informed by a Shores of Panama attendant, that there was a shooting the day before ... what???? ... this was a girl's trip and we were hesitant to even stay in this town! We drive up through the HORRIBLE parking garage only to find someone was in our reserved spot on the 4th floor. I am driving a huge Suburban, so the only place that I felt comfortable parking was on the very top floor (12th). We called the front desk and they said they would have the car towed. We never had any problems the rest of the week with our parking spot.

As soon as we opened the door to our condo (1713) we ran to the balcony to check out the view!! It was beautiful! My 12 year old daughter was getting splashed with something dripping from above. When I peeked my head over the balcony, I witnessed a girl from the balcony above ours (1813) pouring beer from a can into a boy's mouth a couple of balconies below us (1513)!! I could NOT believe what I was seeing! I yelled for her to stop because she was getting it all over our balcony and splashing my young daughter. I thought we would avoid all the college Spring Break crazies, but I was sadly mistaken! It was mostly high school kids with some college kids taking over Panama City. Where are these kids' parents?? Through the week, we witnessed parties on the balconies, KIDS with beer funnels, dancing & yelling on the balconies.

I did not like how the resort charges a resort fee to use their beach and pool. It was $25 a day per condo (not person) and you were required to wear these TWO armbands. One for the amenities and one for the resort. We did not wear them because I am not going to wear two uncomfortable plastic bracelets during my vacation. It's not like I was in Mexico at an all inclusive resort (which I don't mind wearing them for! haha) We would just stick them in our beach bag and show them when we needed to. One day while we were using the faucets to wash the sand off our feet, we overheard two Shores of Panama employees "guarding" the beach entrance use the "F" word a couple of times. There were several young children there and that was so inappropriate!

The beach is the best part of this resort! So beautiful even though it was too cold to get in. I am not used to so many people sharing the beach with me! haha I am spoiled to having the whole beach to myself in St. George Island, Florida, so this was kind of fun to people watch. And let me tell you, there was a lot to see! We saw so many drunk underage kids walking along the beach. There was a little body of water from the tide in front of us that some little kids, age 2-7, were playing in because this was warm, shallow water. We saw this intoxicated girl sit down in the water (with the little kids still playing there) She walked by and I heard her laugh and say to her friends, "Hahaha I just peed in there where those kids are" ... SO RUDE!!!!! Disgusting!

The pool looks so fun but it was way too cold to get in. I can't believe they do not have a heated pool. Even though it was in the 70's, the pool water was freezing! The hot tub was overrun with 5-12 year olds! We did get lunch at the pool bar a couple of days .. it was so good!

During our stay, we did encounter a problem with the master tub. It was so slow to drain and black stuff would come up. We left a message with Southern Vacation Rentals (who we booked with) on Sunday. Monday nothing. Called on Tuesday about the problem again, they said they would send someone out. No one came. Had to call again on Wednesday, someone came and fixed it in 5 minutes.

All in all .. it was a fun trip. Our unit was very beautiful! But ... this was our first trip to Panama City Beach and probably our last. There are other beautiful QUIET beaches in Florida to try. I wish we would have picked a place that at least had a heated pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sandy Hook, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2bath condo on the 17th floor. We were ocean front but more center of the pool view. You would have to be on one of the outside corners to be perfectly ocean front at this resort. The condo's pool is huge with plenty of room to roam. Also the resorts pool area is tastefully decorated with beautiful palms and you get a total sense of relaxation. Our room was very spacious and felt like home. Definitely would stay here again. Furniture was in great condition with beautifully tiled floor throughout the condo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tennesse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok I'm the one who left the "we shall see" review. We'll were here and have not had any problems. Apparently the loud,getto,ppl here sat night had already checked out Sunday morning, thank god. That was the first thing hubby asked when we got here and he replied ya they checked out, today should be better. So we decided too stay. Our room was very nice, clean and roomy, no complaints. The pools are beautiful but too cold to get into at this time. I've only seen the lil ones in their. The beach is warmer then the pools but still really cold right now. The only issue I have is by the elevators it smells like pee, gross they need tho put some bleach down and spray the floors. Their still is allot of college/high schoolers partying on the beach this week with mixed in familys but their really not a problem, we just had never been here during their spring break. All in all we would stay here again. Hope this helps. Oh and we are right next door to Pineapple Willys.

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Where should I begin? My husband and I travel a lot and love to use trip advisor as a way to tell if what you booked is actually what you going to get.... I have to say this is the first time I overlooked bad reviews and kept our reservation. After reading the bad reviews I even called reservations and spoke to them personally, the "liar" said oh no mam you will have absolutely no problem with this room the one you booked is owned by a block of units that were bought by the Shores of Panama and they are beautiful.
The only thing beautiful was the view absolutely yes it is too bad that whoever owns this unit thinks it is acceptable to present to a guest a condo in this condition (look at the photos I took and you will understand)
After being given our room keys we were presented with a "damage" checklist for us to fill out should we noticed any damages upon arrival well yes while that's a good thing to protect the consumer but as a guest who has just left a frozen tundra and so happy to be on a warm beach spending quality time with my family oh no wait I can't I'm up here in this hole of a condo making a list of damages that took me an hr to complete!!! Really?? It is my understanding that whoever stayed here before us filled out a damage waiver so why am I filling this out too?? Let the pictures of unit 1231 speak for themselves. This property also rents to underage college students that get wasted and vomit in the halls.. ( a disgusting red pile of chunky vomit sat on our hall not one not two but our whole 5 DAY stay!!!! I would never stay at a property that rents to this type of crowd just to make money. We never felt welcomed as guests only prisoners as the arm band nazis made sure you weren't getting anywhere unless you had it on!!!
Please take this review and think before your spend your money and TIME 2 things you can't get back!! On a last note when I turned in my "damage sheet" within the 2 hr time frame of check in (total waste of my first 2 hrs of MY vacation) the rude arrogant guy who is probably so used to hearing the same complaints read over my damage sheet and said is there any thing else you need from me? Ummm I'm sorry what?? I am a GUEST at your "resort" you should be apologizing for this disgusting patched up money pit!!! NEVER ever will we ever spend our money here!!!!
After being asked to take all the bedding off at the end of our stay I was HORRIFIED at gross large red brown stains the size of a persons buttocks on our master bedroom mattress!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Andalusia, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

never again will me or any of my friends that went stay at this place the employees are rude and not helpful the room itself was actually nice but for what we paid the overall place was horrible we had 4 phones in our 2 bedroom condo and NONE of them worked when we went to check out the person at the front desk said you know you can call down and we could have sent someone up to inspect and i kindly told her we would have IF the phone would have worked VERY little toilet paper and towels check out was at 10 i went to the front desk to tell them we was ready and 2 1\2 hours later we was finally leaving after we called off our cell phones 3 times for the inspector to come up ended up having to take the stairs alot(we was on the 15th floor) because the elevators took forever and was just plain nasty and the wind blew old food on our floor outside our door and was left there for days I understand them not wanting guests at night but even during the day they were way too strict our room was in a CORNER and after our almost 2 hour check in adventure it took us forever to find it just a terrible place in general and as I can tell alot of others had complaints from last week too

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!