“Both good and bad...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

Save Saved
You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Huntsville, Alabama
“Both good and bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Only wi-fi available was down in the lobby. Property manager was very pleasant on the phone and talked us through a few door codes and wi-fi passwords (unit wi-fi would connect, but there was no internet access anywhere in the building). Unit itself was very nice, well furnished, and had a lovely view of the pool and Gulf. Plenty of room, though it was just two of us. We were in unit 616. The property itself is fairly nice, though I'm not sure that the daily amenities fee per unit is worth it. There is a parking garage, and some units have reserved parking. The garage was nice for unloading and loading our vehicle, as it was pouring down rain during both times.

Room Tip: Unit 616 is beautifully furnished and has a reserved parking space on the 6th floor of the garage, n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Shores of Panama and hope that you will return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked thru vrbo.com and our condo was super nice! It was clean and the beds were so comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our large wrap around balcony. We were constantly seeing large ships pretty neat. The pool was very nice and large!! We We enjoyed our stay and will def stay here again. (:

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write the nice review. We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Shores of Panama and hope that you will return in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This condo hotel and resort was excellent in amenities ,location and the service staff. and the most important the price !!!! en this condo you get ocean view from ever unit, the pool is amazing, is located 2 blocks from wall mart so if you like to cook the kitchen is big whit everything you need ,also they have washer and dryer inside. There is a lot of cover space parking.
The best choice for you family or couple destination.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a nice review. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
Machesney Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a nice view of the beach from the balcony. Management was very nice for the entire stay,specially Wendy . The location was perfect,they have different activities for kids to keep them busy but my concerns were drunk people around kids :( ,and too loud and noisy all day and night (you can't hear inside when your doors are closed). A nice resort but would recommend a better clean up crew,and some rules for quiet time at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We appreciate that you choose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and me were at Shores for 15 days and leaving was the last thing on our mind.
The staff who checked us in were nice and professional and seemed eager to make our stay a good one. The housekeeping staff provided us with extra items for our room to make our food preparation easier.
The view from 315 was great, we could see the wonderful pool deck, none better in Panama City Beach, we had good view of the Gulf and during our stay the water was emerald green.
We have two kids 14 and 11 and they enjoyed the night activities by the pool, the liked karaoke and the hot tub was a big hit. Our other two kids enjoyed the shallow ends of the pool and for lunch the Tiki but had some tasty food.
We vacation every summer down there and we have tried several condo rentals.
Nothing is perfect no where we stay, there are things that could be better but why focus on the negatives, it's vacation and at the Shores the staff are eager to please, our condo was great, they have the best pool deck in the area, the private beach is top notch and there are jet skies, lounge chairs, parasails and so many places within walking distance.
Why stay anywhere else, stay here, we will be back next year. Thanks for a great vacation, you guys are missed.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a nice review. We appreciate that you choose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
Goodwater, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my family's 2nd time staying at this resort. There are pros and cons as I guess there are anywhere but Im very undecided due to cost and the cons that we experienced if we will stay here again. First off, I will say that the Room Size, Cleanliness, View, & Pool are definitely the PROS. The rooms that we stayed in on both trips were super clean and very spacious for families with kids. The view is Awesome and the Pool is Unbelievable! My daughter loves the pool which is why we chose to stay here for the 2nd time & I must admit that I think its beautiful and relaxing as well. My husband and I both like the size and cleanliness of the room. 3 bathrooms really helps when you have a big family. Unfortunately, I am having trouble deciding if the Pros Truly outweigh the Cons! The cons for our family were as follows: First of all I don't mind paying for a nice place to stay however, the added fees at this resort are ridiculous! We had to pay 27 dollars a day for use of pool and beach access. I mean come on you would think considering we paid over a 1000 bucks to stay here that the pool would Actually be included. I think that charging extra to use their pool is ludicrous!!!! And that wasn't all we had to pay a damage fee and another 30 something dollar fee that to this moment Im still not sure (other than for the resort to get extra money) what it was for. So we had to pay over 300 at check in when we had already paid over 1000 when booking. That made me sick! This was not the case on our first visit here but apparently they have new management this year and that was one change they made. Also, I agree with everyone else when it comes to the elevators. The wait is insane and you would think with 20 something floors that it would have more than just a few elevators. You have to wait forever if you are on a higher floor which takes up way to much of your vacation time. Also, the check in at 4 pm and check out at 10 am is CRAZY! Our whole first day was shot because we didn't get in our room until after 5 because everyone was trying to check in at 4 at the same time and by this time of day you have lost a whole days stay and pay because the pool closes at 10 so by the time you check in and get settled the day is gone but by golly they sure got their whole days pay whether we got our whole days stay or not. This was also not the case on our first stay we checked in before lunch last time and they didn't allow that this time. So I was really ticked about paying for a full day that we practically lost!!!! Also, we had air and refrigerator issues this time. We went for a day and a half with a fridge that didn't work. So we couldn't keep our drinks or food cool even though we reported it 3 or 4 times before it Finally got fixed. The air came and went too. It would cool for a while and then all of a sudden it would be Hot again. It got pretty annoying having to call someone to fix something everytime we turned around! Especially, considering the price that we paid for this place. I guess that was my biggest turnoff. If you are gonna have to spend your hard earned money thinking that you are getting a really nice place you shouldn't have to go through all that we went through! I know things happen but we didn't get any discounts for all of our issues . We didn't even get Offered any apologies or anything! So, now you see why even though I like somethings about this place I just am not sure its worth it. Think about all of this before you spend you money and MAKE SURE you know about the extra fees before you check in. Sorry my review was so long but after 2 stays here I wanted to make sure I covered it all!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. I'd like discuss your stay with us if you will take a minute to give me a call, 850-329-0477. We do strive to provide a memorable vacation for our guest and would love another opportunity to exceed your expectations .
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Called condo directly to set up reservation. Husband is afraid of heights so I requested floor as low as possible. It was my birthday. So I asked if possible to have view of ocean and pool. I was told I had choice of 3rd or 5th floor. I asked for 5th floor so I would have clear view of ocean. Paid for all in. Advance. Decided to leave early because I was told room was being held and ready to go. Drove all night only to be put in average at best room on 7th floor. You could lean off balcony and see corner view of ocean. I went back to front desk to express my dissatisfaction only to be told hate it! Nothing else available! Only offer was refund which left us sitting at pier parking lot at 4:00am waiting on 10:00 am to come to try and find a room! It was a compete nightmare!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Tom D, VP of Operation at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. Please take a minute and give me a call to discuss your stay. 850-329-047. We do strive to ensure that our guest have a memorable vacation and I'd like another chance to exceed your expectations.

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!