“Not sure if it's really worth the $$!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

You added Shores of Panama Resort to your Saves list
Shores of Panama Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   9900 S. Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Goodwater, Alabama
“Not sure if it's really worth the $$!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my family's 2nd time staying at this resort. There are pros and cons as I guess there are anywhere but Im very undecided due to cost and the cons that we experienced if we will stay here again. First off, I will say that the Room Size, Cleanliness, View, & Pool are definitely the PROS. The rooms that we stayed in on both trips were super clean and very spacious for families with kids. The view is Awesome and the Pool is Unbelievable! My daughter loves the pool which is why we chose to stay here for the 2nd time & I must admit that I think its beautiful and relaxing as well. My husband and I both like the size and cleanliness of the room. 3 bathrooms really helps when you have a big family. Unfortunately, I am having trouble deciding if the Pros Truly outweigh the Cons! The cons for our family were as follows: First of all I don't mind paying for a nice place to stay however, the added fees at this resort are ridiculous! We had to pay 27 dollars a day for use of pool and beach access. I mean come on you would think considering we paid over a 1000 bucks to stay here that the pool would Actually be included. I think that charging extra to use their pool is ludicrous!!!! And that wasn't all we had to pay a damage fee and another 30 something dollar fee that to this moment Im still not sure (other than for the resort to get extra money) what it was for. So we had to pay over 300 at check in when we had already paid over 1000 when booking. That made me sick! This was not the case on our first visit here but apparently they have new management this year and that was one change they made. Also, I agree with everyone else when it comes to the elevators. The wait is insane and you would think with 20 something floors that it would have more than just a few elevators. You have to wait forever if you are on a higher floor which takes up way to much of your vacation time. Also, the check in at 4 pm and check out at 10 am is CRAZY! Our whole first day was shot because we didn't get in our room until after 5 because everyone was trying to check in at 4 at the same time and by this time of day you have lost a whole days stay and pay because the pool closes at 10 so by the time you check in and get settled the day is gone but by golly they sure got their whole days pay whether we got our whole days stay or not. This was also not the case on our first stay we checked in before lunch last time and they didn't allow that this time. So I was really ticked about paying for a full day that we practically lost!!!! Also, we had air and refrigerator issues this time. We went for a day and a half with a fridge that didn't work. So we couldn't keep our drinks or food cool even though we reported it 3 or 4 times before it Finally got fixed. The air came and went too. It would cool for a while and then all of a sudden it would be Hot again. It got pretty annoying having to call someone to fix something everytime we turned around! Especially, considering the price that we paid for this place. I guess that was my biggest turnoff. If you are gonna have to spend your hard earned money thinking that you are getting a really nice place you shouldn't have to go through all that we went through! I know things happen but we didn't get any discounts for all of our issues . We didn't even get Offered any apologies or anything! So, now you see why even though I like somethings about this place I just am not sure its worth it. Think about all of this before you spend you money and MAKE SURE you know about the extra fees before you check in. Sorry my review was so long but after 2 stays here I wanted to make sure I covered it all!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. I'd like discuss your stay with us if you will take a minute to give me a call, 850-329-0477. We do strive to provide a memorable vacation for our guest and would love another opportunity to exceed your expectations .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Called condo directly to set up reservation. Husband is afraid of heights so I requested floor as low as possible. It was my birthday. So I asked if possible to have view of ocean and pool. I was told I had choice of 3rd or 5th floor. I asked for 5th floor so I would have clear view of ocean. Paid for all in. Advance. Decided to leave early because I was told room was being held and ready to go. Drove all night only to be put in average at best room on 7th floor. You could lean off balcony and see corner view of ocean. I went back to front desk to express my dissatisfaction only to be told hate it! Nothing else available! Only offer was refund which left us sitting at pier parking lot at 4:00am waiting on 10:00 am to come to try and find a room! It was a compete nightmare!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Tom D, VP of Operation at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. Please take a minute and give me a call to discuss your stay. 850-329-047. We do strive to ensure that our guest have a memorable vacation and I'd like another chance to exceed your expectations.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I highly recommend Emerald View Resort Rentals. The staff at the Shores of Panama were most helpful, friendly, and were very concerned about putting my family in the best condos available. I kept going to the office to see each of them, and had to tell them bye when I left. I have tried to spread the word about the management. I feel as though I have gained friendship with the staff. Let me just say you have "the best" at the Shores of Panama. Our stay was 7/31 - 8/4.

• Liked — Management, staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Cost of umbrella chairs on beach
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, VP Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. We know there are a lot of Resorts to choose from and are honored that you stayed with us and hope that you will return in he future.

Been to Shores of Panama Resort? Share your experiences!