“Penthouse Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Resort Condominiums

You added Splash Resort Condominiums to your Saves list
Splash Resort Condominiums
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17698 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Sterling Splash)   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Penthouse Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Splash resort on 8/30-9/3. I was very excited abut this hotel since it was kid friendly, along with all the beautiful pictures. I was told by reservations that I had the best unit in the west wing.(The Penthouse) $409/night. I didnt mind the price since we had a large party to accomadate a wedding party. However, unit 2006 was horrible. First of all it was very run down!!! The sofas was disgusting and covered with stains and dirt. The sink in the master bath was leaking water all over the floor. They didnt even have a mop in the unit to clean up the water leak. The shower had a dirty old shower rack that was molded and filthy. Some of the lamps didnt work b/c the bulbs were blown. None of the remotes worked properly and one was even missing the batteries and cover. I advised the hotel of the issues. The girl at the front desk made #1,001 excuses on why the unit was in this condition. I was very disappointed. I would have rather stayed at the Ritz for the amount of money I spent there.($2045) I finally spoke with Renee (Mgr) who was very helpful and understanding. She got maintenace to fix all the issues and clean the sofas. She promised me a refund for the first night of my stay along with 10% on each additionial night. Well, I'm still calling and its been two weeks, I'm still waiting for this refund. I feel like she was just saying things to make the situation better at the time, but now she doesn't care about my refund. o yeah, the beach water is filled with seaweed. My kids didnt want to get in the water. SAD!!!!! Please stay away!!!!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Right on the beach, the pools are very kid friendly-but dirty. It's got to be hard to keep the pool areas clean with so many kids-i just didn't like all the bugs both alive and dead-in the pools. The kitchen was equipped with MINIMAL supplies. Take laundry detergent, kitchen soap, kitchen dishwasher soap, toilet paper, paper towels and any kind of hand soap for the bathrooms. The front desk was closed at 5 pm when we arrived and check in was a bit difficult. Overall, I won't be back to SPLASH mostly because I like more customer service and luxury.

• Stayed September 2013
Deatsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Took my granddaughter for her first trip to the beach and was looking for a place that offered stuff for her age (2 years old) and this place had it all. The staff was wonderful and room had everything we needed and the space. It offered so much activities that my granddaughter couldn't make up her mind on which part she wanted to play at, until she saw the splash pad for smaller children and that's where she wanted to stay. So if your looking for a place to stay and have children of all ages, this is the place to stay. We will be returning next year. All I can keep saying about this place is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This place has covered Kiddie pool area with slides. Covered pool with hot tub. Another pool out in the sun then at night this pool changes colors. Next to this is a Lazy river. Then the Kiddie Splash pad. Along with a Arcade room and fitness room. Need I say more.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom/bunk. Sofa let out to bed. 2 bathrooms. Room sleep 6 people. Complete kitchen, wa...
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed with 2 small kids, mother, and husband in the 1 bdrm with bunk during the Labor Day weekend (4 days). Resort was what I expected for the price. Normally, we stay at Reflections at Bay Point (another Sterling Resort) or the Holiday Inn Resort. But, this was one quite a bit cheaper and I was trying to sneak a vacation in on a budget. The condo was in good condition (1803E). The only problem was the drawer on the bunk bed would not close fully. Kitchen was fully stocked and there was a sufficient number of towels (I still bring my own from home). Fortunately, the pools, hot tubs, and splash area were fully functioning during our stay. Great beach access. CONS: Not used to the pool area ACTUALLY closing and being locked after 10pm. The front desk staff appears disengaged and uninterested.. The elevator situation is atrocious (On our last day, it smelled as though someone had urinated in one of them). The luggage carts were non-existent on check out day (Monday). If I had to vacation again on a budget, I would consider Splash.

columbus, ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been coming here before and enjoyed it. This resort is in need of better maintance and tired. Our unit while decorated nicely had a non working ice maker/missing left drawer next to the stove, numerous missing or not working light bulbs and very dirty sandy furniture and floors.
The kiddie water park is great for kids under say 6. The lazy river is nice as are the pools. The only issue there is they can be crowded. The beach is beautiful. We did have a sea weed outbreak but that cannot be forecasted or prevented but the beach is great. Location is good it just needs better maintance and cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise from the pools and water park I met someone in the elevator who chanced...
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just went for Labor Day weekend.. We stayed in 2106E and the condo was very clean and spacious. For 1900.00 it wasnt worth the money. First the refridgerater was not cold at all. The freeze melted our ice cream sandwhichs. We had to keep stuff in the ice chest. Which was a problem because there is no ice machines on the property. You have to buy bag ice downstairs or across the street. The showers and water pressure was horrible. When taking a shower the water would shut off and u would have to wait 2-3 minutes for it to come back on. It did it a few times in the same showering period. It happen everytime someone showered and no matter what time of day. In all 3 bathrooms. The tv in the living room would go out and stay off for 1 hr or 2 then come back on. If you plan on cooking bring cooking supplies. Kitchen was bare. The resort itself was nice, but huge problem with elevators. We waited 25 mins to get a elevaltor to get to the 21st floor at times. The outside bar was nice but under staffed.1 girl working on Labor Day weekend is just crazy. Ordering food was a mad house and getting a drink you had to wait forever. The pools were the best part of the trip. Lazy river should be called something else. Its for small children under 8. The access to the beach was great.
Would not recomended this place to anyone... Can stay at better places for less money..

Morristown, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our time in Panama City Beach. The pools, exercise room, beach. It was all nice. The building is older. Our rental had cigarette burns on furniture and carpet. We were in a 3 bedroom that slept 11. The view of the ocean was very nice. The dishwasher did not work so I did all dishes by hand. Many things were broken, but I imagine the price (we paid $1200 for 4 nights, 3 days) was fair since 10 of us were there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Splash Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!