“Great place for families!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Resort Condominiums

Save Saved
You added Splash Resort Condominiums to your Saves list
Splash Resort Condominiums
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17698 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Sterling Splash)   |
Lilburn, Georgia
“Great place for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Loved Splash! Very quiet and family oriented. My husband, sister and I stayed in a two bedroom unit with our two children under two. Great ammenities and located very convenient to Pier Park. Rented through VRBO and loved our condo! Will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fackler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have left two reviews at the Southern Resorts site and they do not let them post,I wonder how many others are not allowed to post what they need to on any of Southern rentals.We stayed at Splash 301W starting on 05/26/13 for 7 days.We were told to call at 12 and they would put us on callback to let us know when our room is ready.They said that it would be earlier than the 4 check in.They knew our situation and assured me it would be about 1:30 to 2.Anyway,I get a call at 2 to tell me the cleaners couldn't get there until 3 and it would be later than 4 check in.It was all a lie from the first time I talked to them at 12.They allowed the previous people stay until 3-an hour before our regular check in and knowing they were lying to us.We are allowed to come and let the little ones change.The sprinklers are going off and it is a total wreck.The cleaners tell us how the tenants left at 3 and they had wrecked it.It took them until 6 to get it in shape.I had rented seats,umbrella,and boogie boards.None was in my room.I called.They said it was too late to call the place.I called the next morning.They said they would get me my rentals.I wait.I call the place myself.I was told they had just found out that morning.I told them I had paid Southern several weeks in advance.I finally get my rentals.I paid for 7 days,but got 5 days use.The sprinklers kept going off in two locations.We almost got hurt several times.Someone came and cut two holes in my ceilings and left the cutting mess for me to clean.I had to wash a big load of towels everyday from cleaning all the water.I was promised extra towels so I would not have to wash everyday on my vacation.I never got them.My balcony door got stuck and would not open or shut.the water backed up in the sinks and toilet.The refrigator seal was half torn off so wouldn't shut good.The ceilings leaked off and on the whole week and the holes in the ceiling were never fixed.I was on the phone or someone was in our condo all week while I was there to relax and enjoy my family and my vacation time.They finally gave me $800 for my trouble, but it cannot give me my time and peace I lost.Money cannot replace the precious time I had to spend and enjoy with my family.I would rather never having it and having a normal vacation.Please do not use Southern Resorts.Peace and relaxation is what we crave for and you won't get it with them.I feel sorry for the owners.It is a top notch condo.Beautifully funished and nice appliances.But Southern is not keeping it up and don't care to lie to cover their unprofessionalism.I wish the owners would get hold of me.jlsteele@hughes.net.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Winfield, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Thought we were getting a nice condo, but found out different when we got there. Front desk clerk was NOT friendly at all. Didn't look at us while checking us in, never smiled one time. Fridge smelled of rotten fish, it was awful! Walls were scratched up. Remotes for both TVs didn't work. Safety board for top bunk bed was broke and laying on top bunk (luckily we didn't have kids that wanted to sleep up there). We have stayed in nicer places for less money. Just disappointed :(

Lake Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We love going to Panama City Beach and have stayed at many condos along Front Beach Rd. On one of our past vacations to PCB we drove past Splash and became very interested because of the waterpark you can see from the road. We decided on staying there for our next family vacation. At this point I wish we would have never drove past it. When we got there we didn't have to "check in" because we rented through VRBO so that was nice. We got there on a Saturday afternoon (when the majority of the people were also getting there) and could barely find a parking spot or a luggage cart. The parking garage has a few levels and you want to make sure you park on the same level as the walkover to the condos to avoid waiting in another line for the elevator. We waited for what seemed like forever for a luggage cart- I'm not blaming anyone for this as most people get there at the same time and there's not enough room to have carts available for everyone. The walkway over to the condo was VERY hot and miserable(again, that could just be the fact that there were so many people). We waited in about a 30min line for the elevator with our luggage cart. We were on the 14th floor and the views were amazing. We had a few problems with our room (not Splash's fault since we rented through VRBO, and the person we rented from sent someone to fix it right away.) The lazy river was very dirty, I put on some goggles to look and the water was very cloudy and there was a ton of hair floating around as well as sand on the bottom of the pool. The waterpark water was extremely cold and we went in the middle of June. I kind of got the "ick" feeling when swimming in the pools. Another problem I ran into was too many little kids jumping into the lazy river and their parents not watching them. I almost got kicked a few times and got jumped onto once. This is definitely not a "relaxing" trip. The kids really enjoyed the pools/waterpark, in fact they enjoyed it so much that we had to "drag" them to the beach with us because they wanted to swim in the pools. That brings me to my next problem- Do not come here unless you are willing to spend your whole day at the pool instead of the beach. My kids love the beach and could stay there all day but give them a water park and they will chose that instead. I also overheard several parents saying to their kids "We came here for the beach not the pool." The water park sounds like a great idea until you want to go to the beach! The walk to the beach was close, and the resort has a great concept but we will not be back!

Louisville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

our room was one of the nicest condos we have ever stayed in, however the hotel amenities are really poor. the pools are freezing, you can even enjoy getting in and playing with your kids. allof them are so cold. they have a serious elevator problem. this is a huge resort and they only have 4 elevators. it is very common to wait 8-10 minutes to just get on then once you are on you may stop at every floor before you get to the floor you need. this is all day long, not just during checking times. the workout facility has nice equipment and overlooks the ocean, but the air is turned up so high I was soaking wet within 5 minutes and had only warmed up. overall there seems to be a huge lack if care by resort staff if you are having a nice time or if they even provide friendly service. even though our room was nice, I will never come back here.

Montgomery, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

So excited to go on our first family vacation. Drove all the way from il. Upon arrival checking in staff was stand off ish-blew it off bc I'm trying to enjoy my vacation with my 2 little kids and hubby- waited 10 min for elevator got to room and it was dirty! I'm having to put towels down on our bedroom carpet floor bc the carpet is gross! I asked house keeping to come clean off the juice sticky counters and wipe the refrige down and to clean the cat hair off the couch! On top of that there is some kind of black stuff running into the ocean that I called security about and he was clueless-I will be calling the health department in the morning-to add to that the power went out 2 times today! $234/night I'm beyond furious at the condition the place is in. I could have stayed at holiday in and felt more comfortable! The pool was puked in and no one did anything about it for hours, there is garbage on the beach, and the pools are small, water park is a joke but I'm sure it all looks amazing to the kids.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Check in process was fine. We got there a few hours early and our room wasn't ready but the girl at the desk called when it was. We stayed in the east tower in room 203. It was quite dirty. The carpet was really dirty and old looking. The furniture was old, chipped up, the pillows were gross and old. Washer and dryer were gross and dryer didn't work properly, took over 100 minutes to dry a load. It was also odd that the vanities in the bathroom were so high. Arcade was awful. About 5 out 15 games in the arcade were broken. The website advertises a bowling alley on the property and there is no bowling alley. This is clearly false advertisement. One of the reasons we chose this resort is because our 6 year old is very into bowling. He was so disappointed. The pools were good, kids liked the splash park. I saw cigarette butts around the pool and a man walked by me smoking a cigarette at the pool even though it is a non smoking resort. There is a lot of rust around the property, it is not very well maintained. The guest service is horrible and non existent. You can't get anyone on the phone - period. Even the general manager, Renee McCrain, will not answer the phone or return phone calls. We have tried to get a hold of her for 3 days now with no response at all. We have left 3 messages for her. There is no check out process at all. The check out time is 10:00, we came down at 8:45 and there was no one at the front desk and the gate was locked. You are supposed to turn in your wrist bands or you get charged $5 for each. We were not sure what we were supposed to do with them so I found a security guard who had us write our room number on a piece of paper and leave them on the desk. Other guests were standing around wondering what to do as well. I thought that was unprofessional. Our kids had fun so that was the only saving grace. We will not be returning and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Splash Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!