“Two Thumbs Down” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Splash Resort Condominiums

You added Splash Resort Condominiums to your Saves list
Splash Resort Condominiums
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   17698 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413 (Formerly Sterling Splash)   |
Smyrna, GA
“Two Thumbs Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Upon arrival, we waited for our room to be cleaned. When we got into the room, the cleaning lady on her way out told us that the AC was out. We called and maintenance arrived a couple of hours later. He was unable to do anything, so he called his supervisor and left. We proceeded to call every number we could find, only to get nothing out of anybody. The check in staff leaves at 5:00. Even the next day, the front office staff were not able to do anything for us. The manager would not speak to us at all. Sterling Management continually gave us the run around. Security staff were either completely unavailable or useless.

Later in the p.m. of our second day, we were still trying to resolve the AC issue...it was nearly 90 outside so the inside temps were around 82. We were given another room the second day, but believe it or not that room also had an AC out. Finally, early evening of the second day, we were given a room near the top floor that had working AC.

Outside of the AC, the condos are just showing age. Things are broken off here and there and the entire building is not well maintained. However, the biggest issues are the incredibly lack of available and capable management on site or reachable by phone.

The location is great, the kids pool and play area are nice, but the customer service and lack of maintenance are extremely disappointing. Sterling Management has great room for improvement in every facet of their operations at Splash.

Room Tip: Hope that your initial reservation is a room that has working operations, otherwise you are out of l...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Splash is not only updated but very clean and safe!
The 1 bedroom condo we rented off VRBO was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4! The view was breath taking! We enjoyed our meals on the balcony! The guys down on the beach were so helpful! Tip them and they will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of! Highly recommend renting a unit that includes the beach umbrella service. The water park is very cold and can be intimidating for the little kids. (The water is warmer as the day goes on!) By the end of our trip my 22 month old was having just as much fun as my 6 year old in the water park! It was really nice having the covered hot tub and pool area for the afternoons!
We appreciated that the resort was at the end of town to escape the hustle and bustle of the younger crowds, not too mention the beach area in front of splash was much cleaner. The designers of Splash really included the small details!This is our second stay in PCB, when we come back Splash will be the only resort we stay at! I'm so glad we decided to go the week before Memorial Day! The weather and crowds were perfect! Thank you PCB for another wonderful vacation! Oh, check out Thomas's down the street for fresh doughnuts, Buddy's for fresh sea food, & The Red Brick Oven for great pizza, Sharky's and Pineapple Willy's for a fun lunch on the beach and great drinks!

Hartman, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We did not want to leave! I was nervous going into it, because I had read mixed reviews about the condo...however, I had nothing to fear. Our 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo was home away from home for the week. We were traveling with our family of four and my parents, and this condo offered plenty of room and privacy. Each bedroom and the living room had oceanfront balconies. There were two master bedrooms/bathrooms, and one had its own kitchenette. The room our boys shared had a queen bunk bed (we moved the dresser in front of their balcony door so they could not go out there alone!), and their bathroom was right across the hall. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked...we cooked several meals throughout the week with no problems. Our boys loved the pools and splash pad. While the lazy river was a little cool temperature-wise, the heated pool and hot tub were perfect for relaxing in while the boys played. The beach access was very convenient and accessible. What we loved most about Splash was that it as mostly people with children. Our boys made several new friends and it was great to be in the company of fellow parents who were not there to party. Splash has rules about quiet times, smoking, and lewd behavior that, as a parent with young children, makes me feel comfortable. It was kicking off Senior Week at PCB, and the public beaches, the pier, and the majority of the hangouts were saturated with college kids who were loud and drunk....however, there was none of that going on at Splash! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1401E, and had plenty of room and awesome views of the ocean! Our unit was independentl...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at Splash we were pleasantly surprised, but once we examined it closer we were disappointed. Most of the doors in the condo were broken, and the condo was a lot smaller than it seemed in the pictures. The security guards there were absolutely the meanest, rudest, and most ridiculous people we have ever met. They harassed us the whole trip, and we ended up getting evicted from our condo because someone was seen smoking on the balcony. There is no way I would ever go back.

• Stayed May 2013
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family of 4 returned today from 6 days at Splash. We stayed May 17th through the 22nd. I was nervous due to several recent reviews regarding the cold/dirty pools and strict security. One particular concern was the no smoking on the balcony policy. My husband and I both smoke and were not made aware of this policy until I had already booked the condo (through Best Beach Getaways) and paid for it in full. At that point, I was sent the "house rules" including the non- smoking resort details. Too late to change properties at that point... We stayed in unit 507E, an end unit with 2 bedrooms and a bunk area. You can't tell from the pictures, but the bunk room does not have a door. My 3 year old still slept fine and was far enough away from the kitchen to not wake up when we made late night drinks. If you have a light sleeper though, I wouldn't recommend it. Then there was a Queen bedroom and King master with bathroom suite. Both bedrooms have balcony access and the living room does as well. The balcony widens off of the master and that solved our concern for smoking. We were on the 5th floor and when sitting down no one on the ground could see what we were doing anyway. Please don't get me wrong, I in no way wanted to have to break rules. If I had know we couldn't smoke on the balcony before I had sealed the deal with my money I never would have booked this place. It says it nowhere on the VRBO page for this condo. Anyway, upon arrival the unit was mostly clean. If you are a perfectionist, you should take a pass on this one. For instance, the showers were clean but the grout had moldy places that were even black in some places. Dust on ceiling fans, scratches and smudges on walls, drink rings stained onto the tables. Everything else was fabulous! The master bed was sooooo comfortable. All of the appliances and furnishing were very nice and the kitchen was well equiped. The view was awesome, ocean was clean and pools were clean as well. The lazy river was too cold for me but my husband and boys got in. One pool in the shade is heated and the one in the sun was warm enough. It wasn't too crowded and the elevator wait was less than 5 minutes at all times. There were always carts available when we needed them. But we make it a point to stay before Memorial Day weekend so we usually have it this good wherever we stay. The security guards definitely come on too strong and make you feel like you are being stalked or breaking the law the whole time. Loosen up guys, it's a bunch of parents trying to relax and chase their kids, not the Mafia... They walked out on the beach talking in radios and pointing up to the balconies constantly. All in all I doubt we will return to splash. The Celadon next door last year for us was very nice and clean without all the hassle. You can also read my review on our unit from last year there. Our 3 year old was too scared of the loud bucket water drop to play in the play park. He stayed in the regular pool most of the time. Good luck!

Room Tip: Corner room has expanded balcony. Book 5th floor or higher if you smoke.
Jacksboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is by far the nicest condo we have stayed in. It is very kid friendly, with pools and a lazy river, and a nice indoor water park for the kids, and of course its right on the ocean. Our particular condo is a two bedroom, with a bunk room that can sleep 3 people, and a sleeper sofa. Beautiful granite counter tops, and two very large bathrooms with walk in showers. Both bedrooms are large with king beds. The condo sleeps 9 people. The gulf views are wonderful, with the white sand and clear water. You wont go wrong in booking this place for a week.

chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Don't waste your money. This resort is not any different then any other resort in PCB. We went there because the pictures looked great! We thought that our kids would really like the water park however it was way to cold to swim in. I didn't see more than 5 people in it all week because it was so cold. I only saw 2 people in the lazy river because is very cold too. The bowling alley has been broke for a very long time. I went to go talk to the general manager and he was really not nice. He told me to take my kids down the street to the local bowling alley. Also in the arcade the change machine was broke too. However, the beach access is great and our room was very nice and clean. We had a good time but very disappointed and will never go back.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Splash Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!