“I Agree, Five Star Price, Three Star Rental” 3 of 5 stars

Seychelles Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Streator, Illinois
“I Agree, Five Star Price, Three Star Rental”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I'm writing this the last night of our vacation. I too feel, it is a three star rental at a five star price. The place could sure use a good cleaning and a maintanance program. First thing that I noticed was the carpet in the bedroom was filthy!!! The tub in the master bath needed a good cleaning too. I'm sure it is hard to keep an area with so much sand clean, but they could have tried a bit better. We too had trouble with water pressure, when we called they told us the city had dug up a water main. That would account for the hours the water was off but not for the other 5 days when the water would slow or stop during our showers. In all fairness, if we called about a problem they did try to fix it (ie. we slept on a king bed that only had a queen flat sheet that would not tuck in so for two mornings we woke up with the bottom sheet down to the bottom of the bed and we were on the mattress.) The young lady that fixed the sheets the third day said they had run out of fitted sheets the day they made up our unit. This is our first trip to PCB and did end up having a nice vacation, just thought this unit would have been on another level, at least according to what we paid for it. Sorry, had to be honest!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
vadosta ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I hate to give this place a 3 star rating. If there was a 3 1/2 star option, that would probably be closer to how I felt. But I just can't justify 4 stars either...

The good:

You are right on the beach, and on the quiet end of PCB, to boot. On one side of the building is a long stretch of beach houses. On the other side is one other tall condo building, with beach houses to the side of it. So while the beach directly in front of Seychelles is full of people, if you are willing to walk down the beach a bit, you can find a fairly crowd free zone. (If you wish.) There are plenty of good restaurants in close vicinity. The view from my balcony (20th floor) was gorgeous! The elevators were pretty quick, even at high capacity times.

The not so good:

There is a serious lack of luggage carts (those things you load your luggage on when you arrive and depart, in order to transport a week's worth of luggage up multiple stories.) I counted a total of 4. Its possible there are more, but if so, I'd say there are not many more. It was VERY stressful trying to track down a luggage cart when I needed one. I was at the beach with two small children by myself and could not get all of us up and down without some assistance. This seems like a small thing, but it really detracted from my experience at this property. The night before we left, I had trouble sleeping because I was so worried about getting a luggage cart the next morning. That is how much trouble it caused me. People were following strangers back and forth from their cars to the elevators asking if they could pay them to have the cart next!

The two pools are TINY. They are similar in size to an average backyard swimming pool. There are not nearly enough deck chairs.

The area where you shower off after coming up from the beach is poorly designed. It was constantly crowded and overrun by traffic jams of people trying to shower/rinse off and those trying to come and go to the beach. If you had beach chairs and floats to rinse off, you were in for a crowd struggle.

The parking deck provided plenty of parking (good!) but did not provide a covered walkway to the main building. If it was raining, we got wet.

There were water pressure issues several times while I was in the shower. The water would also inexplicably change temperature.

I thought the beach needed a good cleaning. There seemed to be a lot of trash in the sand. I have stayed at other properties that swept through the sand each night. I assumed all resorts did this, but I guess not.

One last point. There is no gate guard here. You gain access to the parking deck by entering a security code. But there is nothing to prevent people from walking up into the condo building if they are not registered guests. As long as they don't have to park a car, they pretty much have free access. This made me feel slightly insecure at night. And on one occasion, two drunk strangers knocked on my door late at night. I could see them through the peephole on the front door. Perhaps it was innocent, I don't know, because I sure didn't open the door!

All in all, it wasn't terrible, and it had some good points. But I'm not sure I will stay here again. I think we will try another property next time.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed for two weeks in Panama city Beach, at the Seychelles condos. Our condo number was 207. It was clean when we first get there but nobody came to clean the condo during our stay of 2 weeks. At least, I was expectinf some cleaning products to do it myself!
Nothing! Also, the door leanding to the patio is still broken ( I did read a review of a stay 3 years ago and that door was broken....). also, the hot and cold water plugs of the washer machine was inverted....let say that the maintenance of the condo is not really good. I won't rent this unit next time. It's expensive for what you got.

• Stayed July 2011
Navarre, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am a local and always stay in a Sterling Resort for a couple of days each summer with my family. We rented unit 103 and it was not clean. The tile floors were sandy and made our feet black upon our arrival. It was gross! I paid extra for the cleaning service but didn't receive a clean unit. There was hair all over one of the bathrooms. The bunk beds and pull out couch were like sleeping without a mattress! Oh and when we first arrived there was sand and crumbs all over the red couch...nasty! I'm so disappointed with this stay. At midnight there was a pool full of loud kids and the pool is supposed to close at 10 pm. And being on the first floor at the pool we had no privacy because everyone in the pool looked straight into our unit so we never were able to enjoy an outside view, that sucked because that was the whole reason for the stay! I feel like I got ripped off because this rental was more than the brand new condo I stayed in last year and I will be returning to the brand new unit next year. I never write bad reviews but I flushed money down the toilet on this stay. But the ladies in the rental office were very nice and I appreciated that! One more thing, we had no cell phone or Internet service the whole stay and we all have Verizon as our cell phone carrier.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed at Seychelles this month with a friend and the 1-bedroom condo was the perfect size for 2 people. We had plenty of room and we each had our own bathroom. The bed was really comfortable. We really enjoyed the neighborhood and the fact that there were so many fun activities and restaurants within walking distance. There was just enough party going on that we were entertained, but when we wanted peace and quiet, we never heard any noise outside our condo. People we met were friendly. I did feel that we weren't very informed of all the amenities and services available. The condo could have been a little cleaner (bedspread, linens, blender), and the hot tub was not too clean. The heated pool wasn't actually heated. The TV's were small. May was a good time of year to go for the prices, but also for missing the crowds and the traffic; if we wanted to hop in the car and go anywhere, it wasn't a problem. Overall, it was a good experience and I will consider staying here again next year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We have had a wonderful vacation here for a month. When the weather turned cooler, the seaweed was bad and some jellyfish arrived, making it hard to swim in ocean it was too cold to swim in the pools. Everyone was complaining, but they informed us that "she" would not trun the heater on until November and that the temps were not usual temps. Understood, but when you advertise "heated pool" and if it is too cold to go in, it should be turned on.

Other than that we have had an amazing time. We would recommend it and will probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I took 3 teenagers down for Spring Break and used another rental company. The room was cramped, the elevators took forever and the kids got thrown out of the exercise room as soon as they got there by some lady who yelled at them and the game room was locked. The 1st night we were there a bunch of drunks were in the hottub about 12:00 and one of the men actually took off his shorts and was in there naked. We also saw people constantly throwing things off the balcony. The 2nd day one of the kids in my group threw some water out of a water bottle off of the balcony and someone complained so this rude maintenance man came up & asked if they had done it. The girl said yes she had but it was only water and I told them it wouldnt happen again and I would make sure she stayed off the balcony. He evicted us right there on the spot! I have never been treated so rudely and over water! They are ridiculous but the lady we were renting from moved us to a bigger room at Treasure Island for the same price and we loved it there and had no problems. Do not stay here! I have been going to Panama for the past 15 years and always stay in different condos and have never had an experience like this. There are much nicer condos where you will be treated like a human being.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Seychelles Beach Resort? Share your experiences!