“Perfect stay!! Will DEFINITELY be coming back!! Thanks Bikini Beach!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bikini Beach Resort Motel

You added Bikini Beach Resort Motel to your Saves list
Bikini Beach Resort Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   11001 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Bremen, Georgia
“Perfect stay!! Will DEFINITELY be coming back!! Thanks Bikini Beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Upon check in, we were given prompt room details & instructions on where to go, how to use the keys, etc. When we got into our room, it was ice cold --PERFECT!! If it's one thing that you need (due to the heat of the dead summer in Florida) it is an ice cold room! It even STAYED that way from our arrival until our (regretted) departure! The staff was friendly, welcoming and respectful of our wishes! If we needed anything they got it right away! They not once knocked on our door or disturbed us (even with our "do not disturb" sign off the door) and when we would leave and put the "maid needed" sign out, no matter how long we stayed gone (whether it be hours or just a few short say, 30 minutes) the room was ALWAYS clean, beds made, trash taken out, swept, vacuumed, and towels replaced! There was NEVER anything missing or removed / touched that was our personal property (but for those of you nervous, they DO have a safe with a key in the rooms if you'd like to use that-- we didn't, but it's nice to know it's there if you needed it).

To top everything else off, they have a beautiful and crystal clear pool, gorgeous landscaping, and perfect view of the ocean! The beach is just a few steps away from the bottom level (where we stayed) and our room (# 113) was the absolute BEST in our opinion because we were literally maybe 10 feet away from the on-site bar, Bikini Dave's (tiki-hut). We didn't have to go far for fun due to this feature! We could walk straight outside, grab us a cold drink from Dave, walk to the beach and then come back and take a dip in the pool, all while keeping a hold of our cozies!! :)

I recommend this place over and over and I hope to eventually be able to make it back to Florida soon (this was our first time going back to PCB in over 9 years) & if I do, THIS is where I will be staying (and that says a lot coming from someone who's stayed at other places such as the Holiday Inn Sun-spree Resort, Edgewater, the Sunbird, Gulf Highlands, and more)!

Thanks Bikini Beach, Dave & his wife & all of the staff!! You made our vacation THAT much more memorable and we hope to see you all again soon!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good view of the beach, choose a room higher up! If you are like us and wan...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Perfect Stay,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It's looks like you are new to Trip Advisor so for you to go to the trouble to sign up we really appreciate it. I must agree with you, the tiki bar is our hidden little treasure. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you soon!

owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Liberty, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked this hotel about 2 months in advance, prior to taking my wife and 2 children to Panama City beach for the first time, my wife and children had never been. I had never been to the hotel before, and after reading all the negative comments about this hotel I was a little bit worried about what I had gotten my family into, but after I got there I realized that all the negative comments couldn't be further from the truth.
We left Texas and drove through the night, I arrived at the hotel EXTREAMLY early and went in the hotel to inform the front desk to let them know that we were in town and if they could call us when our room was available for early check in to call us. The front desk said "is now ok"?Needless to say we were in our hotel very early and was able to change and enjoy the day at the beach. The front desk was very helpful and polite.
The room was nice and the view was AMAZING. Yes it is an older hotel but for its age is very well up to date. The full kitchen was a great asset and we were able to refrigerate all the groceries we bought for the week.
Housekeeping came in daily and replenished the towels, made the beds, got the sand out of the carpet that was tracked in by us, and even went above and beyond to folded my daughters blankets they brought from the house.

The pool was clean. The Tiki bar on the weekends made the beach atmosphere even better with the music they played. The location was perfect we were less then 2 miles away from almost everything we wanted to do.

I couldn't say enough good stuff about this place, and our next trip to Panama City Beach will be to Bikini Beach. I have also already told all of my co-workers and family how nice it was. Next time we go we will be bringing a large group of us to enjoy it. Oh and BTW you cant beat the price to be steps away from the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Had a Blast,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you gave us a chance. We are a family owned and operated motel since 1957. I would like to think we know what we are doing. On line reviews have been a struggle to say the least. We host thousands and thousands of people every year. We will never be able to please everyone as no one can. We have so many people call this place their piece of paradise and come back year after year. unfortunately , reviews hold all the power.

Life is a Beach!!! Come see for yourself!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been staying at Bikini Beach since 2009. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there in September 2013 and came back in May 2014 to find many new updates to the rooms! Each time we visit we catch up with our old friends around the pool and of course, Dave's Bikini Bar and never leave without making new ones. The entire staff are like family and it is almost like "coming home". The rooms are always clean and ready when we arrive, and all of the personnel (front desk, maintenance/groundskeeping, housekeeping, etc.) are always available and do a fantastic job! You can't beat the convenience of everything plus the views are priceless! Thanks to all you do to make the resort the wonderful place it is! Can't wait to see you all in October! ;-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Always Fantastic,

Thank you so much for the review. It's so nice to hear positive feedback. As you know, we are family owned and operated and try really hard to make sure you enjoy your time here. We are very proud of the updates that we have done and are grateful for people like you that can see and appreciate our efforts.

Our beach is beautiful, so glad you enjoy it!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Cute little place right on the beach. All rooms have gulf view. Handy elevator access makes it easy to get luggage to your room. Love the room set up. Units have 2 bedrooms separated by common bath. Shower and toilet area can be closed off from sink and mirror. Parents and kids can each get a little privacy! They are serious about their NO SMOKING policy though...I believe they charge violators $200. This is NOT one of the upscale time share suites in the area. Don't expect concierge or room service but the staff is helpful and accommodating and the rooms are comfortable without breaking your budget.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Above average for the price,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you were pleased. We understand the value of a dollar and realize you work hard for your money. We work hard to keep the place clean and looking good with an affordable rate.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

owner
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived at Bikini Beach and at first glance were relieved. It was a little earlier than 3pm check-in time, but the front desk clerks (a blonde and long dark hair) were very friendly and got us taken care of. They called as soon as our room was ready. The room was immaculate and up to date for being an older motel. The view of the Gulf was breath taking. Anytime we went into the front office the girls were smiley and happy to help in any way. Housekeeping was a little late on cleaning our room, but anything we needed, we were able to get from the front office. It was very busy but all of our needs were met. Very satisfied!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Great Customer Service,

Thank you for your review. Customer service has really gone by the wayside these days so it's refreshing to hear you were treated the way you deserve to be treated. It is our goal to make sure everyone is happy and takes home beautiful vacation memories.

Thanks again! Hop to see you soon:-)

Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort Motel in Panama City Beach, FL. On July 17, 18 & 19.
Worst Hotel Ever! We got to the Hotel at approx. 12:00 and asked if we could check in. The front desk clerk, India, said very rudely, that our room wasn’t ready, that she did not clean room and that check-in is not until 3:00. We asked her if she could call us when our room was ready. She took our phone number and said she would call. We kept checking to see if they were cleaning our room, and never saw a cleaning person on that floor. My husband went in the office and asked if our room was ready twice. At 2:45 I went in the office to see if the room was ready. India said she would check. She checked and throwing her head sideways toward me said again very rudely, Oh, it’s ready. I asked her why didn’t she call and she said someone turned the board over. The fact is, the room was ready the entire time, because there was never a cleaning person on that floor. Now about the hotel itself. There is no deadbolt on the front door or balcony door. The floor, ceiling, toilet and walls, air conditioner unit were dirty, the ceiling had holes in it. The shower handles did not match. The wood on the balcony door was cracked. The microwave was rusty and had burnt marks inside of it. The room wasn’t cleaned until 4:00 on the second day we where there and only then after I called. I said when I made the reservation that I wanted ocean front, ocean view room, instead I got a view of the top of the Tiki bar, pool and a tiny view of the beach and ocean on both sides. They charged us $10.00 key deposit and $150.00 deposit for any possible damage to room. They did return the $150.00. I have never been to a hotel that charges for ice, but Bikini Beach charges .25 cents for ice. They told us we had to wear an arm band. There is no coffee maker in the room and there was no coffee in the lobby the first morning we were there. India wasn’t just rude to us, we had other motel guests comment on how rude she was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear worst motel I have ever stayed at,

I'm so sorry that your vacation wasn't everything you had hoped it would be. But I would like to address your opinion of our place. We are an older family owned and operated motel. The ceiling in that room is concrete and the pictures you took were blown up 10x's the size. It's not an eye sore like you have suggested. The specks and I do mean specks are air pockets in the concrete.
India was not rude to you, she went out of her way to help you check In time is 3pm if you arrive early, we do have a place for you to change into your suits and start enjoying your day. Most of our housekeeping staff arrive by trolley and it broke down that day getting them to work a couple hours late. For that, I apologize. We try really hard to keep everything in tip top shape and a little rust is inevitable when you are directly on the salt water like we are. There are dead bolts on the front and back doors of all of our rooms. (It's the law:-) We also have PLENTY of Fresh coffee 24 hours a day in our lobby. Please come down to the office so we can chat over a cup:-)

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!

Ann Henry / owner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Arrived in PCB, last minute change of plans and needed a room for one night. Called from parking lot across the street and was told yes we have a room, told her (Megan) I would be there in three minutes arrive and was told there were no rooms, I informed clerk of previous conversation with Megan and she said "ok out computers are down". I checked in, found a cracked tile in room called front desk and told her my room number and about damage she said she would make a note. About an hour later I called identified room I was calling from and ask for Info to access "free wifi", still unable I access I walked to front desk identifie myself and room I was in and was told "oh you probably won't get it in your room, server is outside by tiki bar". Wifi outside by bar, not very good planning on someone's part. Was never able to access internet from room. Fast forward, 7:27 am next morning a male opens my door, thank goodness I had chain closed. Sound of chain woke me, male stands there staring at me laying in bed. I keep saying "hello, can I help you, someone is in this room". I called front desk, and was told "I'm sorry we rented that room to someone else you were entered into computer as being next door". At check out time I informed again (Megan) of situation and she states "yeah I heard, you call tomorrow and speak to manager she's out of town". Very scarey that someone had a key to my room, staff unconcerned.

• Stayed July 2014
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Unwanted Visitor,

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is a motel/condo's worst nightmare. No excuses just a sincere apology. We have thousands of visitors every year and I can honestly say this has never happened before. We offer hot spot wifi and the hot spots are designated . We have been in business for over 50 years and only have 20 or so bad comments. I hope you will play the odds and give us a chance.

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!
Ann Henry

Been to Bikini Beach Resort Motel? Share your experiences!