“"Always Fantastic"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Louisville, Kentucky
“"Always Fantastic"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been staying at Bikini Beach since 2009. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there in September 2013 and came back in May 2014 to find many new updates to the rooms! Each time we visit we catch up with our old friends around the pool and of course, Dave's Bikini Bar and never leave without making new ones. The entire staff are like family and it is almost like "coming home". The rooms are always clean and ready when we arrive, and all of the personnel (front desk, maintenance/groundskeeping, housekeeping, etc.) are always available and do a fantastic job! You can't beat the convenience of everything plus the views are priceless! Thanks to all you do to make the resort the wonderful place it is! Can't wait to see you all in October! ;-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Always Fantastic,

Thank you so much for the review. It's so nice to hear positive feedback. As you know, we are family owned and operated and try really hard to make sure you enjoy your time here. We are very proud of the updates that we have done and are grateful for people like you that can see and appreciate our efforts.

Our beach is beautiful, so glad you enjoy it!

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Cute little place right on the beach. All rooms have gulf view. Handy elevator access makes it easy to get luggage to your room. Love the room set up. Units have 2 bedrooms separated by common bath. Shower and toilet area can be closed off from sink and mirror. Parents and kids can each get a little privacy! They are serious about their NO SMOKING policy though...I believe they charge violators $200. This is NOT one of the upscale time share suites in the area. Don't expect concierge or room service but the staff is helpful and accommodating and the rooms are comfortable without breaking your budget.

• Stayed February 2014
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Above average for the price,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you were pleased. We understand the value of a dollar and realize you work hard for your money. We work hard to keep the place clean and looking good with an affordable rate.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

owner
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived at Bikini Beach and at first glance were relieved. It was a little earlier than 3pm check-in time, but the front desk clerks (a blonde and long dark hair) were very friendly and got us taken care of. They called as soon as our room was ready. The room was immaculate and up to date for being an older motel. The view of the Gulf was breath taking. Anytime we went into the front office the girls were smiley and happy to help in any way. Housekeeping was a little late on cleaning our room, but anything we needed, we were able to get from the front office. It was very busy but all of our needs were met. Very satisfied!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Great Customer Service,

Thank you for your review. Customer service has really gone by the wayside these days so it's refreshing to hear you were treated the way you deserve to be treated. It is our goal to make sure everyone is happy and takes home beautiful vacation memories.

Thanks again! Hop to see you soon:-)

Owner
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort Motel in Panama City Beach, FL. On July 17, 18 & 19.
Worst Hotel Ever! We got to the Hotel at approx. 12:00 and asked if we could check in. The front desk clerk, India, said very rudely, that our room wasn’t ready, that she did not clean room and that check-in is not until 3:00. We asked her if she could call us when our room was ready. She took our phone number and said she would call. We kept checking to see if they were cleaning our room, and never saw a cleaning person on that floor. My husband went in the office and asked if our room was ready twice. At 2:45 I went in the office to see if the room was ready. India said she would check. She checked and throwing her head sideways toward me said again very rudely, Oh, it’s ready. I asked her why didn’t she call and she said someone turned the board over. The fact is, the room was ready the entire time, because there was never a cleaning person on that floor. Now about the hotel itself. There is no deadbolt on the front door or balcony door. The floor, ceiling, toilet and walls, air conditioner unit were dirty, the ceiling had holes in it. The shower handles did not match. The wood on the balcony door was cracked. The microwave was rusty and had burnt marks inside of it. The room wasn’t cleaned until 4:00 on the second day we where there and only then after I called. I said when I made the reservation that I wanted ocean front, ocean view room, instead I got a view of the top of the Tiki bar, pool and a tiny view of the beach and ocean on both sides. They charged us $10.00 key deposit and $150.00 deposit for any possible damage to room. They did return the $150.00. I have never been to a hotel that charges for ice, but Bikini Beach charges .25 cents for ice. They told us we had to wear an arm band. There is no coffee maker in the room and there was no coffee in the lobby the first morning we were there. India wasn’t just rude to us, we had other motel guests comment on how rude she was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear worst motel I have ever stayed at,

I'm so sorry that your vacation wasn't everything you had hoped it would be. But I would like to address your opinion of our place. We are an older family owned and operated motel. The ceiling in that room is concrete and the pictures you took were blown up 10x's the size. It's not an eye sore like you have suggested. The specks and I do mean specks are air pockets in the concrete.
India was not rude to you, she went out of her way to help you check In time is 3pm if you arrive early, we do have a place for you to change into your suits and start enjoying your day. Most of our housekeeping staff arrive by trolley and it broke down that day getting them to work a couple hours late. For that, I apologize. We try really hard to keep everything in tip top shape and a little rust is inevitable when you are directly on the salt water like we are. There are dead bolts on the front and back doors of all of our rooms. (It's the law:-) We also have PLENTY of Fresh coffee 24 hours a day in our lobby. Please come down to the office so we can chat over a cup:-)

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!

Ann Henry / owner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Arrived in PCB, last minute change of plans and needed a room for one night. Called from parking lot across the street and was told yes we have a room, told her (Megan) I would be there in three minutes arrive and was told there were no rooms, I informed clerk of previous conversation with Megan and she said "ok out computers are down". I checked in, found a cracked tile in room called front desk and told her my room number and about damage she said she would make a note. About an hour later I called identified room I was calling from and ask for Info to access "free wifi", still unable I access I walked to front desk identifie myself and room I was in and was told "oh you probably won't get it in your room, server is outside by tiki bar". Wifi outside by bar, not very good planning on someone's part. Was never able to access internet from room. Fast forward, 7:27 am next morning a male opens my door, thank goodness I had chain closed. Sound of chain woke me, male stands there staring at me laying in bed. I keep saying "hello, can I help you, someone is in this room". I called front desk, and was told "I'm sorry we rented that room to someone else you were entered into computer as being next door". At check out time I informed again (Megan) of situation and she states "yeah I heard, you call tomorrow and speak to manager she's out of town". Very scarey that someone had a key to my room, staff unconcerned.

• Stayed July 2014
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Unwanted Visitor,

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is a motel/condo's worst nightmare. No excuses just a sincere apology. We have thousands of visitors every year and I can honestly say this has never happened before. We offer hot spot wifi and the hot spots are designated . We have been in business for over 50 years and only have 20 or so bad comments. I hope you will play the odds and give us a chance.

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!
Ann Henry
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed booked a long weekend at Bikini Beach hotel. The location is great but I was so disappointed in the customer service. When we tried to check in (after 3pm) we were told our room wasn't ready and that is could be up to an additional 30-40 mins. I also heard them tell every one else that was checking in the same thing with the exception of one person. I can understand that there may have been a lot of people checking out that day but as a hotel, you have check in posted at 3pm then the rooms should be ready by then. I am sure if a client wanted to check out after 10am then you would charge them extra since you have it posted that check out is at 10am. There was no offer to compensate anyone for this inconvenience. One blonde lady (I am assuming manager) was nice and said she was sorry but the others were short, not apologetic. When they finally called us to come pick up our keys, another lady was asking for additional information and copies of our licenses (this was again after I had gone through the check in process and was very ready to get to my room) I went back out and got the requested information and finally got our keys. The dark haired lady was not friendly! Throughout the weekend, house keeping was barely noticeable and would forget things. I called down to the front desk b/c housekeeping didn't refill the Kleenex or the towels that go next to the sink. I was told that they had already left for the day and I could come down to the front desk to pick them up. Hello customer service!?!?!?! If your staff doesn't do their jobs then why should I have to come down and pick up the items, how about bring them to me? I have never written a bad review about a hotel till today b/c we were so disappointed in the lack of care or customer service. A little effort would have made our stay a lot better. In the future, we will pay a little more money and go to another hotel or condo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Good Location, Customer Service.

I am so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. You are correct we were running a little late that day because my housekeeper had a family emergency and had to unexpectedly and be gone for a few days. You can never prepare for something like that. I make no excuses just apologies.

Hoping you will give us another chance

Life is a beach!

Ann Henry
owner
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort for a week the second week in June with a few of my friends. For the price I paid and how the room was portrayed to look like on the website I was prepared for a room quite a bit nicer than I got. Other than the fact that the room was beach front, that was the only thing I found to be true about the expectations of the room. When housekeeping came to clean the room, they did not get any of the sand out of the room. Seeing that it is on the beach I felt like they should have been prepared to clean the sand off of the floor/bed. Other than that the room/service was average; however, I would not recommend this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from the pool are quieter