“Unwanted visitor.” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   11001 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407   |
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Unwanted visitor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Arrived in PCB, last minute change of plans and needed a room for one night. Called from parking lot across the street and was told yes we have a room, told her (Megan) I would be there in three minutes arrive and was told there were no rooms, I informed clerk of previous conversation with Megan and she said "ok out computers are down". I checked in, found a cracked tile in room called front desk and told her my room number and about damage she said she would make a note. About an hour later I called identified room I was calling from and ask for Info to access "free wifi", still unable I access I walked to front desk identifie myself and room I was in and was told "oh you probably won't get it in your room, server is outside by tiki bar". Wifi outside by bar, not very good planning on someone's part. Was never able to access internet from room. Fast forward, 7:27 am next morning a male opens my door, thank goodness I had chain closed. Sound of chain woke me, male stands there staring at me laying in bed. I keep saying "hello, can I help you, someone is in this room". I called front desk, and was told "I'm sorry we rented that room to someone else you were entered into computer as being next door". At check out time I informed again (Megan) of situation and she states "yeah I heard, you call tomorrow and speak to manager she's out of town". Very scarey that someone had a key to my room, staff unconcerned.

• Stayed July 2014
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Unwanted Visitor,

I am so sorry this happened to you. It is a motel/condo's worst nightmare. No excuses just a sincere apology. We have thousands of visitors every year and I can honestly say this has never happened before. We offer hot spot wifi and the hot spots are designated . We have been in business for over 50 years and only have 20 or so bad comments. I hope you will play the odds and give us a chance.

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!
Ann Henry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed booked a long weekend at Bikini Beach hotel. The location is great but I was so disappointed in the customer service. When we tried to check in (after 3pm) we were told our room wasn't ready and that is could be up to an additional 30-40 mins. I also heard them tell every one else that was checking in the same thing with the exception of one person. I can understand that there may have been a lot of people checking out that day but as a hotel, you have check in posted at 3pm then the rooms should be ready by then. I am sure if a client wanted to check out after 10am then you would charge them extra since you have it posted that check out is at 10am. There was no offer to compensate anyone for this inconvenience. One blonde lady (I am assuming manager) was nice and said she was sorry but the others were short, not apologetic. When they finally called us to come pick up our keys, another lady was asking for additional information and copies of our licenses (this was again after I had gone through the check in process and was very ready to get to my room) I went back out and got the requested information and finally got our keys. The dark haired lady was not friendly! Throughout the weekend, house keeping was barely noticeable and would forget things. I called down to the front desk b/c housekeeping didn't refill the Kleenex or the towels that go next to the sink. I was told that they had already left for the day and I could come down to the front desk to pick them up. Hello customer service!?!?!?! If your staff doesn't do their jobs then why should I have to come down and pick up the items, how about bring them to me? I have never written a bad review about a hotel till today b/c we were so disappointed in the lack of care or customer service. A little effort would have made our stay a lot better. In the future, we will pay a little more money and go to another hotel or condo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Good Location, Customer Service.

I am so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. You are correct we were running a little late that day because my housekeeper had a family emergency and had to unexpectedly and be gone for a few days. You can never prepare for something like that. I make no excuses just apologies.

Hoping you will give us another chance

Life is a beach!

Ann Henry
owner
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at Bikini Beach Resort for a week the second week in June with a few of my friends. For the price I paid and how the room was portrayed to look like on the website I was prepared for a room quite a bit nicer than I got. Other than the fact that the room was beach front, that was the only thing I found to be true about the expectations of the room. When housekeeping came to clean the room, they did not get any of the sand out of the room. Seeing that it is on the beach I felt like they should have been prepared to clean the sand off of the floor/bed. Other than that the room/service was average; however, I would not recommend this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms farther away from the pool are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We are a small family owned and operated motel. We are not perfect , but we strive to be. I wish you would have contacted the front desk at the time of your dissatisfaction and we would have taken care of ANY problem big or small that you had. We have several types of rooms here and the ones on our website sleep 4 and they ARE pictures of our actual room.

Would love for you to give us another try

Life is a BEACH come enjoy it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was a very clean pretty place absolutely loved staying there I say people should stay there they stayed know top of clean towels an had Lil soap dispensers in the bathroom the
Blankets smelled good everything was awesome

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LaGrange, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our family was there for the week of the fourth. The room was clean, the location was good. I do have a couple of concerns though. There are not enough parking places if the guests who rent scooters are allowed to park next to the motel. They need to park the scooters or their cars in the overflow lot. There was one guy who burned all of the rubber off the tires of his scooter in the parking lot, got off and proceeded to yell at the people camped out on the fourth floor outside their room. These campers were at the top of the stairs in the way of the other guests trying to get to their rooms for four of the days we were there. There must have been 20 people staying in that room, screaming and yelling at all hours of the night and during the day. They also played offensive music loudly day and night. If there had been ample security, the parking, camping, and screaming should have been noticed by management. Since one of the men stared a hole into the females with us we were too intimidated to report this "wild" group's behavior for fear of retaliation. Other than that everything was great. We enjoyed Bikini Dave's and the beach and the fireworks very much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I completely agree. Being a Small family owned motel we take families ONLY over the 4th of July. We insist that our guest wear armbands so that we can tell who is staying with us and who is not. In our defense, the motel across the street had been shut down by the city and unexpectedly reopened for the weekend thus causing us more people problems because we are located on the water. Next year things will be different. As far as the scooters go, we are hoping the City takes care of them as well. Please don't EVER hesitate to call the front desk with ANY problem. If we don't know about it we cant take care of it.

Life is a beach! Come enjoy it!

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great place if you are on a budget. Right on the beach, but bathroom could be improved. Our room was over the pool and people were in it all night. They need a cut off time at night at the pool for people that want to get some sleep :)

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool has lots of noise all night long.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went for the fourth. Room was decent, but certainly not worth 1300$. Great location and I enjoyed our stay, but the fact that I couldn't walk out of my door with out being slapped in the face with black and mild smoke and people sitting in the halls drinking and smoking pot was a huge turn off for me and my family. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BALCONY??? We will probably not be staying there again, due to lack of authority on behalf of bikini beach.

Stayed July 2014
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I must say, I am exhausted. I personally was on my property 12-15 hours a day over the 4th of July weekend. We wear armbands for a reason and only rent to families during the holiday. I must agree that parenting the little ones these days have fallen by the wayside. We are family owned and operated and bust out tail to insure your stay is safe and enjoyable. I'm sorry your vacation was not all you had hoped it would be. We were BLESSED to have beautiful weather and water this year. I was wondering, Did you ever call the front desk and inform us there was a problem?

Bikini Beach Resort

Been to Bikini Beach Resort Motel? Share your experiences!